Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is Giving the Phrase “Bringing Movies to Life” a Whole New Meaning!

You can see the star of the movie, Mirabel, live on stage before the movie at Disney’s El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles!

Before the film, Mirabel will come out and greet guests, and then you get to see her movie. You can get tickets online, and there are also showings of the movie in Spanish. Encanto is at El Capitan Theatre until January 1st in English, and January 2nd in Spanish.

Disney Reveals “Captain Keevan” Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Character

ACB6E2CD-6807-4596-B5C6-0F7C09727A4B.jpeg

Guests will learn more about Captain Keevan and her roles in some pretty iconic Star Wars moments while onboard the Starcruiser, according to Imagineer Scott Trowbridge.

Guests will learn more about Captain Keevan and her roles in some pretty iconic Star Wars moments while onboard the Starcruiser, according to Imagineer Scott Trowbridge.

Disney Reveals “Captain Keevan” Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Character

View attachment 628563

Ah, a Pantoran captain, eh? Nice call!

Disney Genie+ Launching at Disneyland December 8

Built right into the existing Disneyland app, the Disney Genie service offers new features to help you create your best Disney day. With the Disneyland app, be sure to download the latest version and make sure that your notification and location services are turned on so you can get the most out of the app’s features.
Disney Genie+ service.

Disney Genie+ will be available for $20 per ticket per day, and allows you to select the next available arrival window for Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane entrances at a variety of attractions, one at a time (subject to limited availability;

Last edited:
Disneyland Announces 2022 “After Dark” Themes and Dates

View attachment 628552

**Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite (Starting at $114/person)

Feb. 1, 3, 8, 10 and 14, 2022, at Disneyland Park

(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Dec. 9, 2021, no earlier than noon PT)

**Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite(Starting at $119/person)

March 8 and 10, 2022, at Disney California Adventure Park

(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Jan. 11, 2022)

**Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite(Starting at $134/person)

May 3, 4 and 27, 2022, at Disneyland Park

(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Jan. 11, 2022)

*Click on link for additional party information

Has Disney World announced brining any after-hours events back past the holidays?

Built right into the existing Disneyland app, the Disney Genie service offers new features to help you create your best Disney day. With the Disneyland app, be sure to download the latest version and make sure that your notification and location services are turned on so you can get the most out of the app’s features.
Disney Genie+ service.

Disney Genie+ will be available for $20 per ticket per day, and allows you to select the next available arrival window for Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane entrances at a variety of attractions, one at a time (subject to limited availability;
I suspect the Disneylanders will take to it better than Walt Disney Worlders, seeing as how they had Maxpass previously. Except for the fewer attractions at most WDW parks, it should work the same way it did before at Disneyland.

New Sponsor Announced for Tomorrowland PeopleMover at Magic Kingdom

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the new presenting sponsor of the Tomorrowland PeopleMover at Magic Kingdom.

I know historically (and in a few cases currently) ride sponsorship was/is very much a thing (& it makes sense with Test Track!), but there is just still something so weird about walking off of Jungle Cruise and seeing a (granted fairly well integrated) Ziploc logo. An Enterprise Car Rental PeopleMover is also weird.

I know historically (and in a few cases currently) ride sponsorship was/is very much a thing (& it makes sense with Test Track!), but there is just still something so weird about walking off of Jungle Cruise and seeing a (granted fairly well integrated) Ziploc logo. An Enterprise Car Rental PeopleMover is weird.

I mean, it's been Alamo for a while, so just another rental car company (actually owned by the same company). I do like it though when the integration makes sense, like the Tiki Room sponsored by Dole or Autopia sponsored by Honda. Ziploc is a little out of place on the JC.

Last edited:

Disney Genie+ service.

It's about time!

I suspect the Disneylanders will take to it better than Walt Disney Worlders, seeing as how they had Maxpass previously. Except for the fewer attractions at most WDW parks, it should work the same way it did before at Disneyland.

I think so as well. I think it will be worth the cost for the two parks since it's so easy to hop back and forth. I'm local so I'll give a go my next time I'm at the parks, probably not until springtime.

DVC News:

Just received this email and thought I’d share…

Dear Member,

At Disney Vacation Club, we know how much you enjoy exploring destinations and experiences beyond your Home Resorts. Our team is dedicated to helping you create unforgettable vacation memories around the world. That’s why we’re thrilled to name Interval International as our exclusive new exchange provider for traditional exchanges, effective Jan. 1, 2022.

This new relationship will offer you a broad range of resort experiences, providing flexible and diverse opportunities in amazing locations across Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, as well as destinations closer to home including the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Through Interval International, you will have access to thousands of resorts including a specially curated portfolio of high-quality properties selected especially for Members. This expanded portfolio includes well-known resorts offered by Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt and Westin, to name a few.

In the meantime, you can continue to book nightly and weekly exchanges in the traditional exchanges through our current program until Dec. 31, 2021. Additionally, any confirmed reservations or points that have been deposited to RCI will be honored through 2023. If you have confirmed exchanges with RCI, deposited points with RCI or made a booking with RCI using cash, you can always review your activity on the Member website.

We’re excited to continue to provide you and your family with a whole new world of vacation possibilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter