• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Investment in Theme Parks Reaches Lowest Level Since 2013

According to the report, Disney spent $2.27 billion on capital expenditures within their theme parks and resorts in fiscal 2021, which ended October 2, 2021.

This figure represents the lowest overall theme parks and resorts spending since 2013 and is even lower than the expected $2.4 billion that Disney previously forecasted. Disney said that spending delays across the enterprise were enacted, and pointed to those delays as the reason that spending was lower than previous guidance. If we were to throw out 2013, 2021 spending would’ve been the lowest since 2010.

I’m confused... so are there going to be different Santas at disney springs?

I’m not sure if they will be switching out or all in separate locations. Here is how the article reads:

“Starting tomorrow, the holidays kick off at Walt Disney World and Disney has planned to have Cast Members of various races portray the role of Santa Claus at the parks this year. The move is the latest in a Diversity and Inclusion initiative that Disney has focused on in the past couple of years.

Ahead of a theme park debut that might come as early as tonight, Cast Members were able to meet with a diverse lineup of Santa Claus meet and greets early as part of the #DisneyCastLife perk that offers Cast Members a sneak peek of upcoming theme park offerings!”

I’m not sure if they will be switching out or all in separate locations. Here is how the article reads:

“Starting tomorrow, the holidays kick off at Walt Disney World and Disney has planned to have Cast Members of various races portray the role of Santa Claus at the parks this year. The move is the latest in a Diversity and Inclusion initiative that Disney has focused on in the past couple of years.

Ahead of a theme park debut that might come as early as tonight, Cast Members were able to meet with a diverse lineup of Santa Claus meet and greets early as part of the #DisneyCastLife perk that offers Cast Members a sneak peek of upcoming theme park offerings!”
Thanks, I read that I just wasn’t sure if that would encompass disney springs. If we wait to meet Santa and then my kids go to find some one that doesn’t look like Santa ... well, there’s sure to be some major disappointment & meltdowns 😬 Just trying to gauge whether it’s worth attempting the virtual cue. If my oldest sees diverse Santas in the park he’ll just say someone is pretending to be Santa... it’ll be a whole different thing if we are “going to meet Santa.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter