Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your portion sizes may be getting smaller at Walt Disney World restaurants as the company looks to cut costs

McCarthy said, "I was talking to our parks senior team about things that we could do there. There are lots of things that are worth talking about. We can adjust suppliers. We can substitute products. We can cut portion size which is probably good for some people's wastelines. We can look at pricing where necessary. We aren't going to go just straight across and increase prices. We're going to try to get the algorithm right to cut where we can and not necessarily do things the same way. We're producing technology to produce some of the operating cost. That gives us to absorb some inflation. We're trying to use our heads here to come up with a way to kind of mitigate some of the challenges that we have. It is a great question. I'm sure it is one that you could ask every single company in your coverage universe."

I don't like the comment about product substitution. I hope that doesn't mean that they are going to go with cheaper ingredients.

The water parade is listed at 8:25 - 10:30.

Is it continuous during that time, or does it run every 30 minutes or what?

Thank you all!

It's continuously running, but hits each resort about every 30 minutes. It makes a circuit around the lakes.

I didn't see an MK time on the schedule when I looked. Does anyone know when it hits MK? Or is that where it starts?

Walt Disney World Resort Helps Transform Give Kids The World Village for its Second Annual Night of a Million Lights Holiday Event

After giving $3 million in grant donations to local nonprofits as part of the 50th anniversary celebration, we’re now ready to ring in the holidays alongside the Central Florida community. To celebrate the season, Disney will once again help light up Give Kids The World Village for its second annual Night of a Million Lights holiday event happening Nov. 12 through Jan. 2, 2022.

just curious....are they using the “Osborne Lights” that used to be in HS?

If they are going to cut portion sizes it's not about anyone's waistline. It's about what they charge for the amount on the plate. Disney food is expensive (most food cost is going up...see it every week buying groceries), but Disney food is always more expensive than buying groceries and if they keep charging the same amount (or more) for less...wait...isn't that what a lot of us are already upset about? Now they're taking away our food too?

Yeah, this was the last straw for me. I’m leaving tomorrow and it’ll be my last trip for a few years. They constantly take and take and take. I’m fed up. Going to enjoy things a little more this time around. Disney is really pushing people at this point.

Nearly 1/3 of Disney World Guests Purchase Disney Genie+

In an investor call today, Disney CEO Bob Chapek said that “nearly 1/3rd” of Disney World guests are purchasing Disney Genie+ for their day at the Walt Disney World theme parks.

There's always ways to spin numbers and I think the wording of this shows a strategy to try and push more people to buy through FOMO. If you take 100 guests all going on a 5 day ticket and 30 of those guests book 1 day genie+ for Magic Kingdom, you can say 30% of guests are purchasing Genie+ but obviously that doesn't show the whole story. I also wonder if they are including the sale of IA for things like Rise in this. These earnings calls are all about selling investors on money spent and encouraging future investment.

You know, I am pretty forgiving of some of the "business decisions" Disney has been making in light of the pandemic and all, but the things I hear from this call are a REALLY bad look. It's clear that the current executives are clueless about what their custoemrs actually want, and that comes from the top I am sure. Iger was a good businessman, but he also had an understanding of the unique offerings that the company had. It's a balancing act, one that Iger did well. Everyone always says that as long as the shareholders are happy that they don't care - well, I wonder how happy they are now?

Last edited:
You know, I am pretyt forgiving of some of the "business decisions" Disney has been making in light of the pandemic and all, but the things I hear from this call are a REALLY bad look. It's clear that the current executives are clueless about what their custoemrs actually want, and that comes from the top I am sure. Iger was a good businessman, but he also had an understanding of the unique offerings that the company had. It's a balancing act, one that Iger did well. Everyone always says that as long as the shareholders are happy that they don't care - well, I wonder how happy they are now?
I agree that this latest call is a really bad look...I think they need some help in the PR department. Who would say such things in a public forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter