Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the comment about product substitution. I hope that doesn't mean that they are going to go with cheaper ingredients.

It's continuously running, but hits each resort about every 30 minutes. It makes a circuit around the lakes.

I didn't see an MK time on the schedule when I looked. Does anyone know when it hits MK? Or is that where it starts?

I was talking with my head server on DCL and we were talking about the sourcing of ingredients. He was "ashamed" to tell me that some of the sourced ingredients, namely the mass meats, are the cheapest they can find.

You know, I am pretyt forgiving of some of the "business decisions" Disney has been making in light of the pandemic and all, but the things I hear from this call are a REALLY bad look. It's clear that the current executives are clueless about what their custoemrs actually want, and that comes from the top I am sure. Iger was a good businessman, but he also had an understanding of the unique offerings that the company had. It's a balancing act, one that Iger did well. Everyone always says that as long as the shareholders are happy that they don't care - well, I wonder how happy they are now?

Let's not pat Iger to hard on the back, there's a reason they wanted Chapek to take over. Iger was a spender and he suffered a bit from his own success, Pixar and Marvel were fantastic purchases, you can argue LucasFilm was a good strategic move as well, but I think he overextended with Fox and he put Disney at risk financially and to being broken up by the government now that they own such a large portion of the movie industry. Chapek has, I agree, made some very bad moves but he's the other side of Iger's coin, they really need both ends working together at the same time instead of this wild pendulum swing. Walt floundered business wise until he brought his bean counter brother on board, they kept each other in check and it's what brought us Disney magic to begin with.

I was talking with my head server on DCL and we were talking about the sourcing of ingredients. He was "ashamed" to tell me that some of the sourced ingredients, namely the mass meats, are the cheapest they can find.
I love DCL but their meats are TERRIBLE… decent only in Palo. Not to say I don’t indulge every cruise though!

Disney Hints at New Expansion Projects for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

“…we also expect that while we continue to pursue strong cost mitigation efforts, certain costs will be elevated in fiscal ’22 versus pre-pandemic levels, including, for example, inflationary pressure on wages, costs related to new projects and initiatives such as Star Wars: Galaxy Edge, Avenger’s Campus, and the EPCOT expansion…”

Disney World Allocates Up to 93% Of Ride Capacity to Lightning Lane

Any attraction that has a Lightning Lane queue will have a “ratio” that Cast Members will need to maintain between the number of standby guests let into the attraction and the amount of Lightning Lane guests. There are three phases for each attraction that depend on the amount of Lightning Lane demand.

hmmm, if this is the case than why are guests reporting lines for LL as long as the standby lanes in many cases...

hmmm, if this is the case than why are guests reporting lines for LL as long as the standby lanes in many cases...
That is usually when an attraction has either gone down so those who had a LL booked can return anytime or it is when they are getting ready to switch phases (If you have a long LL line, you're going to have to switch to phase 2) 😀

Annual Passholders Receive 30% Off D23 Membership for Limited Time

Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save 30% off a new D23 Gold Membership through Nov 21, 2021*. The D23 Gold Membership Includes: a 2021 commemorative Collector Set celebrating 50 magical years of Walt Disney World Resort, plus a 1-year subscription to Disney twenty-three publication, access to VIP experiences, discounts, special offers and more! Passholders should look for their November Passholder email which will include the one-time Promotion Code they will need to enter at checkout.

Well, that's nauseating.

It's not any different than how FP+ was handled really - maybe the ratios have been adjsuted, but they did it the same way. There were times when the standby line would beasically stop when a large influx of FP folks would all hit at once. I know this would happen on 7DMT quite a bit - they would make announcements about longer than expected wiat times to the standby queue.

GKTW to Honor Veterans Tonight at Night of a Million Lights

Give Kids the World has invited more than 2,300 veterans and their families to attend Night of a Million Lights tonight, on Veterans Day, where they will be honored in what is shaping up to be an incredible evening! The veterans and their families will be treated to free admission to the event, treats, and a guided tram tour.

In addition to the Night of a Million Lights offerings, Give Kids the World in partnership with the Navy Jr ROTC will be presenting the nations’ colors. During the presentation of the colors, recording artist Alex Freeman will be singing the National Anthem beneath the twinkling lights of the mystical Village.

CM’s Training for Santa’s Arrival at Disney Springs TOMORROW!

MickeyBlog can officially confirm that Santa will be landing at Disney Springs tomorrow morning at 10am- and he will be visiting with guests up until Christmas! Of course Santa’s big arrival isn’t something that can be just thrown together. The Disney Springs CM’s are training today for his arrival, and we were there to check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter