• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Disneyland is an actual theme park. And Walt Disney World is just an ATM.

Why does Disneyland have parades in Disney World doesn’t?

We don't have parades yet. The Holiday one is starting on Friday, but we haven't had them since reopening. We were also closed for over a year, so I'm okay with us getting a few things 😂

And honestly, there are many things over the years where I'll look at WDW and think "why don't we have that at Disneyland?!" And lots of DLR locals think the same. Then on the other hand I always see a lot of WDW locals saying the opposite. It just makes me extra excited to go to WDW and enjoy different experiences.

We don't have parades yet. The Holiday one is starting on Friday, but we haven't had them since reopening. We were also closed for over a year, so I'm okay with us getting a few things 😂

And honestly, there are many things over the years where I'll look at WDW and think "why don't we have that at Disneyland?!" And lots of DLR locals think the same. Then on the other hand I always see a lot of WDW locals saying the opposite. It just makes me extra excited to go to WDW and enjoy different experiences.
Yes, I'm talking about the one about to start. And there has been a hint that MSEP is on its way back soon to DLR as well. Outside an extra paid event, there hasn't even been a credible rumor about a parade returning at WDW.

I get that each resort is going to offer different things outside the basic experience. But to me a parade is part of the base of what they should be offering.

Want to Meet Santa at Disney Springs? You’ll Need To Join A Virtual Queue

Starting November 12, guests can request to join a virtual queue to meet Santa Claus at Disney Springs. Virtual Queue distribution times will be at 9am and 4pm. Guests can find the Virtual Queue to meet Santa in the same place as attraction virtual queue boarding groups are distributed from within the My Disney Experience app.

Want to Meet Santa at Disney Springs? You’ll Need To Join A Virtual Queue

Starting November 12, guests can request to join a virtual queue to meet Santa Claus at Disney Springs. Virtual Queue distribution times will be at 9am and 4pm. Guests can find the Virtual Queue to meet Santa in the same place as attraction virtual queue boarding groups are distributed from within the My Disney Experience app.

I'm so bummed they moved him inside so masks will be on for all the pictures :(

That headline gives me an unhappy feeling, lol. Tower of Terror plus Mechanical Issues… eeep. (I know there are safety features etc. though.)

Jim Hill said it's related to the plaster on the walls of the shaft. Apparently, the elevator movement and Florida humidity take their toll. They have to take down one of the elevators to repair it. It's not really safety issue.

Why wouldn't they do it at both? Really annoying.
The Pork Belly Skewers sure sound like something from Bengal Barbecue. Oga's Cantina not having an actual kitchen (so far as I know), maybe that's why they are able provide that food item? If that's true, highly recommended.

I don't think Hollywood Studios has any similar item on offer anyplace. In fact, I don't think WDW has anyplace like Bengal Barbecue: if there is, please tell me!

Santa Claus To Be Portrayed by Cast Members of Various Races at Disney Parks

This year, Santa Claus will be portrayed by Cast Members of various races at the Disney Parks. Instead of just having a white Cast Member portray Santa, black Cast Members will also be cast for the role. It’s possible that even more races will be considered for the role as Disney continues with its Diversity and Inclusion initiative across not only the theme parks but the entire company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter