Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I can’t imagine they would, but I would absolutely adore it!! I’d happily trade any of the Star Wars rides to be able to walk around on the Orville, but I strongly suspect I’m in the minority on that one.
I've been there and done that and it's very cool.

The set was an actual 2 story build with long hallways and real door/room continuations so you could do a long running shot.

It would absolutely be something I'd recommend.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney and the BBC teamed up to create a Doctor Who attraction for Epcot's United Kingdom Pavilion. One where you can become "The Doctor" and go on a journey through time and space.

I've very curious to see how popular The Doctor specials work out for D+. With traditional cable really dropping off and BBC America all but useless in the States ... the increased production budget and shift to D+ may be a huge kick in the butt for viewership around the world.

I've very curious to see how popular The Doctor specials work out for D+. With traditional cable really dropping off and BBC America all but useless in the States ... the increased production budget and shift to D+ may be a huge kick in the butt for viewership around the world.
What would be really cool is if D+ could get all the classic Who episode

Bonus park reservations added in late November and early December for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders

Here are the latest bonus reservation dates added in November and December 2023.

• November 27 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • November 28 - Magic Kingdom
  • November 29 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • November 30 - EPCOT
  • December 3 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • December 4 - EPCOT
Heads up on that 12/3 DAK date it’s fall dapper day there that day (12/2 the outing is at studios)
I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney and the BBC teamed up to create a Doctor Who attraction for Epcot's United Kingdom Pavilion. One where you can become "The Doctor" and go on a journey through time and space.
I would just settle for a TARDIS photo op or give us a friend of the doctor to make up for all the marvel friends we can’t get east of the Mississippi

The cynical side of my brain is wondering if Disney is reluctant to take the ride down for an extended refurb to swap out the animatronics due to less people buying Genie+ during that potential refurb. Frozen Ever After is usually the second ride of the day to "sell out".

Totally agree that the summer scene at the end of the ride has awful looking faces. It baffles me every time that those were approved to be built.

Of the same mindset for anything with Rise of the Resistance. That ILL$ flow is hard to shut off. That’s where putting them all together, and sorry to say, charging more for G+ “might” get Disney to shut things down for refurb…
Fair point! I don't believe FEA has gone down for an extended refurb since it opened (at least I do not recall). Maybe one day... before Frozen 8 is released!

I'm also bothered by large, blank areas you pass through. I don't understand some of the choices made for this ride.

The retheme was VERY rushed and it 100% shows.

The Chapek specialty! Cut the upfront budget and pay through the nose later to maintain it.
This door when you enter Elsa's ice palace drives me nuts. This screenshot is from opening day in 2016 so it's nice and fresh, but that door is so cheap and dirty looking EVERY TIME!

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 1.17.06 AM.png
Well thank you for this image that will haunt my nightmares! It’s interesting though; people call the faces “projected” but you can’t project onto a black background . . . this looks more like a 3D molded screen that’s been turned off. 🤔

And now I get that they look uncanny because the faces are illuminated from within while the bodies are lit from the outside, so they don’t look like they belong to the same person. 😳
I am sorry! I found it hilarious that this happened in WDW the week Frozen's land opened in Hong Kong :rotfl2:

This is certainly something..

Your Wish Come True: A Disney Animation Experience for $510,000
Once upon a time there was a gift so magical it could only come from one place: Introducing the one, the only, Fantasy Gift from Disney Animation. In celebration of 100 years of Disney magic and the highly anticipated release of Disney’s motion picture “Wish”—the all-new musical-comedy that follows the adventures of Asha and a little ball of boundless energy named Star—Disney has created a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You’ll have the rare opportunity to see your own wish become a reality—an animated character of you (or your designated guest) brought to life by the talented artists at the Walt Disney Animation Studios. You’ll voice your own character, enjoy a private tour of the Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, and have special meet-and-greets and photo opportunities. After the animators have worked their magic, you will receive a digital copy of your personalized character’s cameo in a special animated short video. And, like in an enchanted dream, you’ll become part of the magic with a coveted invitation to a Disney film premiere in Hollywood.

FURTHER DETAILS

Brought to life by the legendary animators of The Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney will produce a personalized animated short video of you or your designated guest becoming a custom animated character. The purchaser and up to three guests will discover the coveted spaces where the animators at The Walt Disney Animation Studios make their magic and get to learn how our beloved stories come to life.

•Personalized animated short video of you or your designated guest becoming an animated character (no more than two minutes in length featuring a combination of animation, recorded footage, a voice-over recording session, and character design to be delivered to the purchaser in a digital download format)

•Private tour of The Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, California

•Special meet-and-greets and photo opportunities

•An invitation to the premiere of an upcoming major Disney film in Hollywood, California

IMG_3090.jpeg

Once upon a time there was a gift so magical it could only come from one place: Introducing the one, the only, Fantasy Gift from Disney Animation. In celebration of 100 years of Disney magic and the highly anticipated release of Disney’s motion picture “Wish”—the all-new musical-comedy that follows the adventures of Asha and a little ball of boundless energy named Star—Disney has created a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You’ll have the rare opportunity to see your own wish become a reality—an animated character of you (or your designated guest) brought to life by the talented artists at the Walt Disney Animation Studios. You’ll voice your own character, enjoy a private tour of the Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, and have special meet-and-greets and photo opportunities. After the animators have worked their magic, you will receive a digital copy of your personalized character’s cameo in a special animated short video. And, like in an enchanted dream, you’ll become part of the magic with a coveted invitation to a Disney film premiere in Hollywood.

FURTHER DETAILS

Brought to life by the legendary animators of The Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney will produce a personalized animated short video of you or your designated guest becoming a custom animated character. The purchaser and up to three guests will discover the coveted spaces where the animators at The Walt Disney Animation Studios make their magic and get to learn how our beloved stories come to life.

•Personalized animated short video of you or your designated guest becoming an animated character (no more than two minutes in length featuring a combination of animation, recorded footage, a voice-over recording session, and character design to be delivered to the purchaser in a digital download format)

•An invitation to the premiere of an upcoming major Disney film in Hollywood, California

View attachment 812633

That‘s over double the price of the AbD Private Jet tour. I’d rather do the jet tour twice, although being turned into a Disney character would be cool. I wonder if they’d let you be a villain…

FURTHER DETAILS

View attachment 812633

Wonder how the animators feel about it.

I'm figuring it would depend on who is participating in the experience. If the guests are life long animation geeks, I'd think the animation team may dig making someone's dream a reality. Then again, if you get a bunch of spoiled Veruca Salts ...

Right! I'm *guessing* at that price you'd be a big animation fan, but who knows. I'm just picturing an animator thinking "I busted my butt my whole life to get here and now I'm drawing pictures of this dips***? Thanks Bob." But I'm a cynic I guess, ha.

Right! I'm *guessing* at that price you'd be a big animation fan, but who knows. I'm just picturing an animator thinking "I busted my butt my whole life to get here and now I'm drawing pictures of this dips***? Thanks Bob." But I'm a cynic I guess, ha.

Wait til someone drops $500,000 just to find that Disney repurposed and monetized the end section of Spaceship Earth ...

I loved that they also gave out the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Pin in addition to the Completer Cookie last year. It's the only reason I did the entire Cookie Stroll. I doubt I will go ahead and buy five cookies on the stroll during my December trip if they don't do something similar this year. Hopefully someone on here will post a picture if they offer, say, a Wish pin this year?? Hint, hint!! Please post! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter