Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The previews looked blah. DH wanted to see a movie for Father's Day, and the Flash was right out. It was a really good movie, good story, and excellent animation.

As for movie prices, my mom often gives us a $100 gift card to Alamo Drafthouse for xmas. They sell actual food and drinks with an actual waiter that comes around. The gift card usually is gone for 1 movie for the 3 of us, when we eat dinner. We usually have at least 1 drink apiece as well. Other than vacations though, it's our only real form of entertainment.
I love Alamo Drafthouse! Sadly, the one closest to me is a minimum of an hour away. I did make the trek for Endgame though and that was just the right mix of people to see that sort of movie with

I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The previews looked blah. DH wanted to see a movie for Father's Day, and the Flash was right out. It was a really good movie, good story, and excellent animation.

As for movie prices, my mom often gives us a $100 gift card to Alamo Drafthouse for xmas. They sell actual food and drinks with an actual waiter that comes around. The gift card usually is gone for 1 movie for the 3 of us, when we eat dinner. We usually have at least 1 drink apiece as well. Other than vacations though, it's our only real form of entertainment.
I think the trailers missed the mark and don't reflect the movie well.

Do you finish your food during the trailers and commercials? I wouldn't want to be eating during a movie unless I wasn't paying much attention!

Actually, it's nothing like any of those stories. Look beyond the elements part, which is really only sorta akin to Avatar from what you listed... but only if you squint... lol

I think it's pretty original. The story is about inter-cultural acceptance and balancing the need to help one's family because of everything they sacrificed with one's own desires.

Plus, the animation effects they developed for the elements are really cool!

Will do.

Loved Bruni the fire element.

Screenshot_20230619_191648_Google.jpg

Going tomorrow .... we are in theaters 1-2 times a week so we've seen previews over and over .... what it is putting out there Zootopia mixed with Inside Out, love everybody. We'll see, not unheard of to go see a movie and be surprised.

PS Saw Flash and I really liked it. DS#2 who is a movie critic especially when touching the comic world saw it today and texted me "That was a fun movie!"

Oh, speaking of movies. Costco currently has a gift card deal for AMC where you get two movie tickets and $20 for concessions for $36.99. I bought one for when I go see Barbie with my dad next month.

I've actually started buying this, it's a very good deal! Just make sure you don't waste the movie tickets on an inexpensive matinee showing! I use the tickets when I go in the evening.

What age group is it appropriate for? I have a 5yr old who is "graduating" pre-k on Friday. Would she enjoy it, doesn't need to get the deeper stuff, just would she find it fun?

What age group is it appropriate for? I have a 5yr old who is "graduating" pre-k on Friday. Would she enjoy it, doesn't need to get the deeper stuff, just would she find it fun?

Hard to say. It has colorful and funny characters, but it is a little on the deep side. It compares well to Zootopia, though there is less action. There are a couple of races-against-time and pretty kinetic and funny sports scene too (Warning: fart jokes 🤣). There is a lot of exploration of the city and interesting things to see though, plus a romance angle.

Yum! That all looks good! Is the hot dog at Award Wieners?

Disney Eats- Instagram

🔴 Red, White & Blue Shake: Vanilla shake with wild cherry and blue raspberry slushes and whipped topping (Non-alcoholic)
🔵 Patriotic Punch at Hollywood Lounge: Sprite and white cranberry juice with blue raspberry and cherry syrups topped with whipped cream (Non-alcoholic)
🔴 Pastrami Pretzel Dog at Award Wieners: All-beef hot dog topped with pastrami, whole-grain mustard, provolone, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing
🔵 Shawarm-izza at Shawarma Palace: Italian sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, and pepperoncini in a garlic-parmesan wrap with marinara dipping sauce
🔴 Like an Apple Pizza Pie at Terran Treats: Cinnamon-sugar fried pizza crust topped with apple and cranberry filling, streusel, and cream cheese frosting
🔵 Cap'n Everything Dog at Outdoor Vending Carts: Hot link wrapped in pizza dough topped with everything bagel seasoning and served with a side of mustard cheese sauce and potato chips
🔴 Kettle Corn at Outdoor Vending Carts: Red, white, and blue caramel corn
🔵 Rogers: The Musical Popcorn Bucket at Seasonal Snacks and Outdoor Vending Carts: Includes Kettle Corn

Disney Eats- Instagram

🔴 Red, White & Blue Shake: Vanilla shake with wild cherry and blue raspberry slushes and whipped topping (Non-alcoholic)
🔵 Patriotic Punch at Hollywood Lounge: Sprite and white cranberry juice with blue raspberry and cherry syrups topped with whipped cream (Non-alcoholic)
🔴 Pastrami Pretzel Dog at Award Wieners: All-beef hot dog topped with pastrami, whole-grain mustard, provolone, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing
🔵 Shawarm-izza at Shawarma Palace: Italian sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, and pepperoncini in a garlic-parmesan wrap with marinara dipping sauce
🔴 Like an Apple Pizza Pie at Terran Treats: Cinnamon-sugar fried pizza crust topped with apple and cranberry filling, streusel, and cream cheese frosting
🔵 Cap'n Everything Dog at Outdoor Vending Carts: Hot link wrapped in pizza dough topped with everything bagel seasoning and served with a side of mustard cheese sauce and potato chips
🔴 Kettle Corn at Outdoor Vending Carts: Red, white, and blue caramel corn
🔵 Rogers: The Musical Popcorn Bucket at Seasonal Snacks and Outdoor Vending Carts: Includes Kettle Corn

Awesome! That all sounds so good.

I took my almost 9 year old and left my almost 5 also graduating pre-k on Friday, daughter at home. I think she would have liked it, but I don’t think she would have loved it, her attention span is a bit less than my older daughters.

4 Things to Know About ‘Rogers: The Musical’ Coming to Disney California Adventure Park

1687280870169.png

It’s almost time to assemble for the premiere of Rogers: The Musical at the Hyperion Theater in Disney California Adventure park! As part of the Disney100 celebration at Disneyland Resort, this all-new, one-act live theater production will perform for a limited-time engagement from June 30 through Aug. 31, 2023.

As we previously shared, this classic tale of heroes, time travel and romance features a talented cast of singers and dancers telling the story of Steve Rogers – Captain America, joined by Peggy Carter, Nick Fury and select members of the Avengers.

If you’re just as excited for the show as I am, here are the top four details to know before you go:

1. A timeless story of a timeless hero, “Rogers: The Musical” has something for everyone

Exploring universal themes of heroism, romance and self-discovery, “Rogers: The Musical” is an exhilarating and heartfelt experience for Super Hero fans, theater enthusiasts and families alike. Avengers aficionados will appreciate creative interpretations of iconic objects and moments from Steve’s journey, while theater fans will love the eclectic array of musical styles in the score and the show’s original choreography.

“Rogers: The Musical” at Disney California Adventure park is inspired by the fictional Broadway musical theater sequence featured in the first episode of the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.” This new musical project will come to life through the creativity of Disney Live Entertainment in partnership with book writer Hunter Bell, star and book writer of the Tony Award-nominated “[title of show],” and will feature five all-new songs with music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Lennertz and lyrics by Jordan Peterson, Christopher Lennertz and Alex Karukas. Plus, fan-favorites songs “Save The City” from the Disney+ series “Hawkeye” (written by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman), and “Star Spangled Man” from the film “Captain America: The First Avenger” (written by Alan Menken and David Zippel).

2. Joining the complimentary virtual queue on the Disneyland app is highly recommended

“Rogers: The Musical” is scheduled to perform several times per day, Tuesday through Saturday most weeks during its limited-time engagement, June 30-Aug. 31, 2023. You’ll be able to access viewing areas for “Rogers: The Musical” through a virtual queue system* available only via the Disneyland app.**

Each day that “Rogers: The Musical” is performing, distribution for the complimentary virtual queue will begin at 10:30 a.m. PT for the first two show times of the day and 2 p.m. PT for the remaining show times of the day.

How-to details on the virtual queue system are available at Disneyland.com. Joining the virtual queue is not required to view “Rogers: The Musical,” but it is highly recommended. If the virtual queue reaches capacity, you can check in at the Hyperion Theater before “Rogers: The Musical” begins for any walk-up viewing options.

3. You can fuel up with limited-time food and beverages fit for a Super-Soldier

Pastrami pretzel dog
“Rogers: The Musical” popcorn bucket with red, white and blue kettle corn
Cherry, vanilla and blue raspberry shake

During the limited-time run of “Rogers: The Musical,” select locations across Disney California Adventure park will serve patriotic and heroically-themed food and beverages, such as the cherry, vanilla and blue raspberry shake; sausage and pepperoni wrap; and pastrami pretzel dog. Vending carts outside the Hyperion Theater will also offer a “Rogers: The Musical” popcorn bucket that comes with red, white and blue kettle corn at the time of purchase. Check out the list of menu items over at @DisneyEats!

You may choose to buy a “Rogers: The Musical” Premium Viewing Experience package from the Studio Catering Co. Truck in Hollywood Land. Available in limited quantities per performance, the package includes a “Rogers: The Musical” popcorn bucket with kettle corn and choice of bottled beverage, plus access to lounge seating before the show, priority choice of seating in the theater, a souvenir lanyard and access to a unique photo opportunity.

4. Commemorative offerings and merch salute the show

You can remember your “Rogers: The Musical” experience with themed offerings available during the show’s special engagement. For a limited time, two Magic Shots from Disney PhotoPass service make you the main character with an opportunity to pose with Captain America’s shield in front of the Hyperion Theater marquee.

“Rogers: The Musical Magic Shots from Disney PhotoPass service

The new musical is also commemorated by collectible merch available near the Hyperion Theater, including a T-shirt, magnet and ornament. Additionally, at the Super Store Featuring Avengers Campus shop in Hollywood Land, you can gear up with a wide assortment of Avengers merch and apparel.

We’re counting down the days until the debut of this smashing show! If you are planning to see “Rogers: The Musical” this summer, be sure to check for show times on Disneyland.com and the Disneyland app.

Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both valid Theme Park reservation and admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort. Disney PhotoPass service is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and conditions.

*Please note, in order to enter the virtual queue, you must have entered Disney California Adventure park with a valid admission media or Disneyland park with admission media that includes Park Hopper privileges. The virtual queue is only accessible beginning at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. via the Disneyland mobile app, and is subject to availability. Guests who begin their day at Disneyland may then enter Disney California Adventure park with their Park Hopper ticket after 11 a.m. for their designated entrance and show time. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to view “Rogers: The Musical,” and show times are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

4 Things to Know About ‘Rogers: The Musical’ Coming to Disney California Adventure Park

View attachment 769495

It’s almost time to assemble for the premiere of Rogers: The Musical at the Hyperion Theater in Disney California Adventure park! As part of the Disney100 celebration at Disneyland Resort, this all-new, one-act live theater production will perform for a limited-time engagement from June 30 through Aug. 31, 2023.

As we previously shared, this classic tale of heroes, time travel and romance features a talented cast of singers and dancers telling the story of Steve Rogers – Captain America, joined by Peggy Carter, Nick Fury and select members of the Avengers.

If you’re just as excited for the show as I am, here are the top four details to know before you go:

1. A timeless story of a timeless hero, “Rogers: The Musical” has something for everyone

Exploring universal themes of heroism, romance and self-discovery, “Rogers: The Musical” is an exhilarating and heartfelt experience for Super Hero fans, theater enthusiasts and families alike. Avengers aficionados will appreciate creative interpretations of iconic objects and moments from Steve’s journey, while theater fans will love the eclectic array of musical styles in the score and the show’s original choreography.

“Rogers: The Musical” at Disney California Adventure park is inspired by the fictional Broadway musical theater sequence featured in the first episode of the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.” This new musical project will come to life through the creativity of Disney Live Entertainment in partnership with book writer Hunter Bell, star and book writer of the Tony Award-nominated “[title of show],” and will feature five all-new songs with music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Lennertz and lyrics by Jordan Peterson, Christopher Lennertz and Alex Karukas. Plus, fan-favorites songs “Save The City” from the Disney+ series “Hawkeye” (written by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman), and “Star Spangled Man” from the film “Captain America: The First Avenger” (written by Alan Menken and David Zippel).

2. Joining the complimentary virtual queue on the Disneyland app is highly recommended

“Rogers: The Musical” is scheduled to perform several times per day, Tuesday through Saturday most weeks during its limited-time engagement, June 30-Aug. 31, 2023. You’ll be able to access viewing areas for “Rogers: The Musical” through a virtual queue system* available only via the Disneyland app.**

Each day that “Rogers: The Musical” is performing, distribution for the complimentary virtual queue will begin at 10:30 a.m. PT for the first two show times of the day and 2 p.m. PT for the remaining show times of the day.

How-to details on the virtual queue system are available at Disneyland.com. Joining the virtual queue is not required to view “Rogers: The Musical,” but it is highly recommended. If the virtual queue reaches capacity, you can check in at the Hyperion Theater before “Rogers: The Musical” begins for any walk-up viewing options.

3. You can fuel up with limited-time food and beverages fit for a Super-Soldier

Pastrami pretzel dog
“Rogers: The Musical” popcorn bucket with red, white and blue kettle corn
Cherry, vanilla and blue raspberry shake

During the limited-time run of “Rogers: The Musical,” select locations across Disney California Adventure park will serve patriotic and heroically-themed food and beverages, such as the cherry, vanilla and blue raspberry shake; sausage and pepperoni wrap; and pastrami pretzel dog. Vending carts outside the Hyperion Theater will also offer a “Rogers: The Musical” popcorn bucket that comes with red, white and blue kettle corn at the time of purchase. Check out the list of menu items over at @DisneyEats!

You may choose to buy a “Rogers: The Musical” Premium Viewing Experience package from the Studio Catering Co. Truck in Hollywood Land. Available in limited quantities per performance, the package includes a “Rogers: The Musical” popcorn bucket with kettle corn and choice of bottled beverage, plus access to lounge seating before the show, priority choice of seating in the theater, a souvenir lanyard and access to a unique photo opportunity.

4. Commemorative offerings and merch salute the show

You can remember your “Rogers: The Musical” experience with themed offerings available during the show’s special engagement. For a limited time, two Magic Shots from Disney PhotoPass service make you the main character with an opportunity to pose with Captain America’s shield in front of the Hyperion Theater marquee.

“Rogers: The Musical Magic Shots from Disney PhotoPass service

The new musical is also commemorated by collectible merch available near the Hyperion Theater, including a T-shirt, magnet and ornament. Additionally, at the Super Store Featuring Avengers Campus shop in Hollywood Land, you can gear up with a wide assortment of Avengers merch and apparel.

We’re counting down the days until the debut of this smashing show! If you are planning to see “Rogers: The Musical” this summer, be sure to check for show times on Disneyland.com and the Disneyland app.

Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both valid Theme Park reservation and admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort. Disney PhotoPass service is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and conditions.

*Please note, in order to enter the virtual queue, you must have entered Disney California Adventure park with a valid admission media or Disneyland park with admission media that includes Park Hopper privileges. The virtual queue is only accessible beginning at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. via the Disneyland mobile app, and is subject to availability. Guests who begin their day at Disneyland may then enter Disney California Adventure park with their Park Hopper ticket after 11 a.m. for their designated entrance and show time. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to view “Rogers: The Musical,” and show times are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
That is one short run. Gonna have to take a quick trip.

That is one short run. Gonna have to take a quick trip.
I agree, really short window with it being open. I've heard that Disneyland is insane during the fall season, so why couldn't they run it during that super high crowd period? Unless they did say this was a summer offering and I missed that.

View attachment 769180
The Cotton Top Tamarin monkeys at AK had two babies 8 days ago. They are so cute and hanging out on mama’s back. The animal care specialist said that they are great parents and they won’t know for a few months if the babies are boys or girls they are staying hands off until they get a bit older.
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/20/1183...on-top-tamarin-monkeys-born-walt-disney-world

A pair of rare cotton-top tamarin monkeys were just born at Walt Disney World
June 20, 20232:07 PM ET
By Joe Hernandez

aw-lr-edit-01844_custom-1fd51c91ae45a6b04ac90d92c73ad73c7ae24b39-s1100-c50.jpg

Walt Disney World is celebrating the birth of two rare cotton-top tamarin monkeys that arrived last week — the first new births of the species at the Florida destination since 2001.

So far, workers don't know if the white-haired twins born on June 12 are male or female, so they don't have names yet.

aw-lr-edit-02029_custom-74f8b6a72d65f3ec457f38103887842173d567b8-s1100-c50.jpg

But the four-inch-long newborn monkeys living at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park have already been spotted clinging to their mom and dad, who will carry the babies around on their backs for up to 14 weeks.

Cotton-top tamarins are native to the tropical forests of northwestern Colombia, and park officials say there are fewer than 7,500 left in the wild.

aw-lr-edit-01868_custom-3dadfb03cb983e0cf8ab79ad262570cd674f7195-s1100-c50.jpg

According to the International Union for Conservation of Nature, the species is critically endangered due to factors such as habitat loss and the illegal pet trade, and their population is declining.

But the addition of the newborn twins, which weigh about as much as a "common chicken egg" and will grow to be roughly the size of a squirrel, have been a welcome addition to the threatened species.

Cotton-top tamarins forage for fruit and insects in the forest canopy where they live and use at least 38 different calls to communicate with each other, the park said.

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/20/1183...on-top-tamarin-monkeys-born-walt-disney-world

A pair of rare cotton-top tamarin monkeys were just born at Walt Disney World
June 20, 20232:07 PM ET
By Joe Hernandez

aw-lr-edit-01844_custom-1fd51c91ae45a6b04ac90d92c73ad73c7ae24b39-s1100-c50.jpg

Walt Disney World is celebrating the birth of two rare cotton-top tamarin monkeys that arrived last week — the first new births of the species at the Florida destination since 2001.

So far, workers don't know if the white-haired twins born on June 12 are male or female, so they don't have names yet.

aw-lr-edit-02029_custom-74f8b6a72d65f3ec457f38103887842173d567b8-s1100-c50.jpg

But the four-inch-long newborn monkeys living at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park have already been spotted clinging to their mom and dad, who will carry the babies around on their backs for up to 14 weeks.

Cotton-top tamarins are native to the tropical forests of northwestern Colombia, and park officials say there are fewer than 7,500 left in the wild.

aw-lr-edit-01868_custom-3dadfb03cb983e0cf8ab79ad262570cd674f7195-s1100-c50.jpg

According to the International Union for Conservation of Nature, the species is critically endangered due to factors such as habitat loss and the illegal pet trade, and their population is declining.

But the addition of the newborn twins, which weigh about as much as a "common chicken egg" and will grow to be roughly the size of a squirrel, have been a welcome addition to the threatened species.

Cotton-top tamarins forage for fruit and insects in the forest canopy where they live and use at least 38 different calls to communicate with each other, the park said.
They are so cuuuuute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter