Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Are the new characters showing up for anyone in MDE, or is everyone else still getting the blank Mickey heads? Not a big deal, just a curiosity. New characters = Angel, Baymax, Esmerelda, Hiro, Jawas, TomorrowlandSpaceCouple
I’ll check for you, if you tell me where to look? 😂. App or website? I was trying to find that yesterday and just not clicking the right thing I guess🤦🏼‍♀️

Are the new characters showing up for anyone in MDE, or is everyone else still getting the blank Mickey heads? Not a big deal, just a curiosity. New characters = Angel, Baymax, Esmerelda, Hiro, Jawas, TomorrowlandSpaceCouple

I’ll check for you, if you tell me where to look? 😂. App or website? I was trying to find that yesterday and just not clicking the right thing I guess🤦🏼‍♀️
Still not showing for me!

(Others can go into the MDE app, right there on the Home screen, and click on the picture currently next to your name. This will bring you to the character options.)

Last edited:
UPDATE: Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian Reportedly for Guest Rooms Only, Lobby Remodel Delayed Until 2024

We recently reported on new construction walls erected inside the lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, which was scheduled for a remodel to match the new, modernized style.

Reports now indicate that the walls and equipment are in place to begin the remodel of the guest rooms in that building. WDWNT’s sources also report that the lobby remodel is being delayed until 2024.

The construction walls surround a staging area for equipment to be raised up to the different floors. A crane should be arriving soon. The crew has laid wood flooring over the existing floor to protect it from the crane.

Reportedly, the lobby remodel was scheduled to begin earlier this spring. They were unable to meet that schedule. Rather than start construction and interfere with the giant gingerbread house the resort builds annually, the remodel was delayed.

IMG_9079.jpg

Edited post to update news...

Last edited:

Disney World Repaints Cinderella Castle Sun-Damaged Spires Following Removal of 50th Anniversary Decorations

Following the removal of all of the 50th Anniversary decor from Cinderella Castle, crews have turned their attention to the repainting of sun-damaged spires.

Essentially, the area covered by the decoration retained the original paint color while the exposed parts of the roof faded over the course of the 18-month celebration.

Here’s a look at Cinderella Castle from earlier today, including this first photo that shows a repainted spire on the left and a sun-damaged spire to the right.

cinderella-castle-spire-repainting-06122023-1-1120x1400.jpg

Disney's Hollywood Studios is gearing up for an exclusive Holiday Season ticketed event

According to WDWMAGIC sources, Disney's Hollywood Studios will debut an all-new ticketed holiday event at Walt Disney World this year.

As an alternative option alongside Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom, the Disney's Hollywood Studios event will feature special entertainment and access to the park's attractions.

A version of the Christmas holiday nighttime show Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is expected to return as part of the event, the first time the holiday fireworks show has been offered since the pandemic closure.

Disney will announce its plans for the 2023 Walt Disney World Christmas Holiday season on June 15.

Holidays-at-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_28978.jpg

Photo: Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!

Still not showing for me!

(Others can go into the MDE app, right there on the Home screen, and click on the picture currently next to your name. This will bring you to the character options.)

Thanks for checking! I was curious in case it was just me because it seemed like such a long time for them to be blank still.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is gearing up for an exclusive Holiday Season ticketed event

According to WDWMAGIC sources, Disney's Hollywood Studios will debut an all-new ticketed holiday event at Walt Disney World this year.

As an alternative option alongside Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom, the Disney's Hollywood Studios event will feature special entertainment and access to the park's attractions.

A version of the Christmas holiday nighttime show Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is expected to return as part of the event, the first time the holiday fireworks show has been offered since the pandemic closure.

Disney will announce its plans for the 2023 Walt Disney World Christmas Holiday season on June 15.

Bring back the Osborne Lights and I'm in.

New Mickey and Minnie 2023 Holiday Outfits Revealed and More Coming to Disneyland

Is it ever too early to start counting down to the holidays? While it may not be time to dig out that ugly sweater just yet, Disneyland Resort is giving you a sneak peek at the new cozy wintertime attire that Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be sporting this holiday season and confirming the return of just some of your holiday favorites! There are even festive treats that you can enjoy NOW, in celebration of Halfway to the Holidays, because why should we have to wait until December to treat ourselves to some irresistibly delicious sips and bites?

New Mickey and Minnie holiday outfits at Disneyland, 2023

Mickey and his crew always look their best for the holidays, and this year will be no different. Check out the mid-century modern inspired looks they’ll sport in Disneyland park, putting a spin on the classic red and green with the addition of pastel colors and playful prints. These looks will include snowy sparkle, and peep their matching holly brooches crafted by Minnie Mouse herself. These looks “sleigh!”

“it’s a small world” Holiday returns to Disneyland park
“it’s a small world” Holiday returns to Disneyland park

Craving even more holiday cheer to look forward to? Well, I’m thrilled to let you know that the fan-favorite attraction transformation “it’s a small world” Holiday will return to Disneyland park this holiday season! This is always on my must-do list during the holidays, as I love seeing the children in the attraction don their festive attire. Somehow, it feels even more magical than it already is throughout the year!

Collage of holiday food items at Disneyland Resort, 2023

If your tastebuds are ready to celebrate the holidays NOW, you’re in luck. You don’t have to wait until December to delight in Gingerbread Man Macarons, available today through June 15 at Kayla’s Cake in Downtown Disney District. I can’t decide if they’re more adorable or delicious, but I’ll let you know when I figure it out. Speaking of adorable and delicious gingerbread, I can’t wait to get my hands on the Mickey Gingerbread at Pacific Wharf Café, available today through June 15 in Disney California Adventure park (Subject to availability, limit 2 per transaction). While I’m there, I’ll stop by the Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land to treat myself to an Egg Nog Slush with Rumchata topped with whipped cream and sprinkles, also available today through June 15. Yum!

We are already buzzing with excitement to kick off another joyful holiday season at the Disneyland Resort, and look forward to sharing many more details about the upcoming holiday season in the future. In the meantime, let’s celebrate Halfway to the Holidays. Cheers!

Fall 2024 Itineraries Released for Disney Cruise Line

1686670554514.png
Disney Cruise Line has just released its fall 2024 itineraries and some early 2025 as well! Guests can embark on the Disney Magic or Disney Dream from Fort Lauderdale, set sail from Port Canaveral aboard the Disney Fantasy, or chart a course from Galveston, Texas, aboard the Disney Magic. Whichever cruise you choose, your voyage will be complete with world-class entertainment, gourmet dining, and all the award-winning attention to detail you expect from Disney.

The booking schedule is as follows:

• Monday, June 19: Pearl Castaway Club Members
  • Tuesday, June 20: Platinum Castaway Club Members, and Golden Oak Club Members
  • Wednesday, June 21: Gold Castaway Club Members
  • Thursday, June 22: Silver Castaway Club Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventure Insiders
  • Monday, June 26: General Public

Fall 2024 Itineraries Released for Disney Cruise Line

View attachment 767414
Disney Cruise Line has just released its fall 2024 itineraries and some early 2025 as well! Guests can embark on the Disney Magic or Disney Dream from Fort Lauderdale, set sail from Port Canaveral aboard the Disney Fantasy, or chart a course from Galveston, Texas, aboard the Disney Magic. Whichever cruise you choose, your voyage will be complete with world-class entertainment, gourmet dining, and all the award-winning attention to detail you expect from Disney.

The booking schedule is as follows:

• Monday, June 19: Pearl Castaway Club Members
  • Tuesday, June 20: Platinum Castaway Club Members, and Golden Oak Club Members
  • Wednesday, June 21: Gold Castaway Club Members
  • Thursday, June 22: Silver Castaway Club Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventure Insiders
  • Monday, June 26: General Public
oooOOOooo… Pearl is above Golden Oak :laughing:

LOVE JBJB !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter