Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I wonder if they just don't have enough demand to justify keeping 2 parks going.
In the same vein to this, I wonder how the water parks at Disney were impacted by Volcano Bay opening (attendance wise). I haven't been to the water parks in about a decade but if I were to go to a water park I would choose Volcano Bay instead.

Let’s not call this a “staffing” issue. It’s a money issue. A budget issue. That’s the root here. Pay more and you’ll get staffing. When we say it’s a staffing issue, we just feed into their word play trick that they planted out there because of Covid. “Let’s not say it’s a budget issue, we don’t want that out there, it makes us look bad. Let’s call it ummmm a staffing issue.” And then we propagate it.
It’s budget. Not staffing.
Yet we stockholders watch while management seems to have a bottomless pit of money to piss away for ABC/ESPN/Disney+/Disney Channel content that no one watches. I'm tired of seeing the parks having their money looted for that stuff while neglecting maintenance, CapEx, and personnel.

Salt & Straw Offerings for March : Cereal-sly Delicious

CEREAL-Rainbows-Scoop-PDP-1200x1200-MAR23.png

Pots of Gold & Rainbows

It’s baaaaaack. For this legendary favorite, we hand-sort the luck from the charms, steeping the whole-grain cereal in cream for that bottom-of-the-bowl sweetened milk before stirring in mountains of rainbow ‘mallows.

CEREAL-Cornflakes-Scoop-PDP-1200x1200-MAR23.png

Cornflake Cookies w/ Marionberry Jam

When cornflakes go rogue. We turned one of our favorite cereals on its head and into toasty brown butter cornflake cookies. By browning the butter, we reach unparalleled caramelized proportions that just can’t be reached with regular butter alone. Then, we crumble them all into malty, cereal-flecked ice cream. Add in gobs of marionberry jam whizzing past and you’ve got a flavor that’s gone completely off-the-rails.

CEREAL-Raisin-Scoop-PDP-1200x1200-MAR23_0e8bbce8-379e-4b71-8895-68abb418d700.png

Rum Custard w/ Raisin Shortbread & Bran Butter

This isn’t your nana’s bran. Golden raisin shortbread cookies are slathered in frosting made from raisins and nutty bran butter, then tossed into an ultra-decadent rum custard ice cream. A swirl of velvety, raisin-studded bran butter adds notes of warmth for a rich bite reminiscent of bran cereal soaked in milk.

CEREAL-Puffs-Scoop-PDP-1200x1200-MAR23.png

Peanut Butter Brownie Cereal Puffs

Chocolate peanut butter puffs just got cooler. Unlocking memories of chocolate cereal milk straight from the bowl, we churn chocolate & sweet cream together then marble the mixture with silky peanut butter. Bite-sized brownie bits are double-baked, coated in chocolate peanut butter glaze, and gently folded into the ice cream to deliver a spoonful of sentimental bliss.

CEREAL-Zombie-Scoop-PDP-1200x1200-MAR23.png

OffLimits™ Zombie w/ Coconut & Pandan (v)

A culinary staple in many Southeast Asian countries, Pandan is a remarkably versatile plant with distinct tasting notes of coconut and vanilla. We toss OffLimits™ extraordinary Zombie Pandan cereal in a buttery glaze, then fold it into a delicate ice cream flavored with coconut and muscovado– a subtly smokey dark brown sugar. Glowing green ribbons of pandan swirl twist throughout the ice cream, finishing the flavor with a dazzling coconut kick.

Disney World Reverses Course, Provides Complimentary Tickets to Passholders Who Are Blocked Out for TRON Previews

Despite a warning that Passholders who signed up for a TRON Lightcycle Run preview during a blockout date would lose their preview spot, Disney World has started to add complimentary tickets to Passholder accounts so they can attend the preview.

However, there was some frustration amongst Passholders who had one Pass type and were trying to register Passholders with a different Pass type. From what we observed, Disney generally filtered dates for Passes based on Pass blockout dates, but for parties with multiple Pass types, the registration form defaulted to the blockout date schedule for the “highest” Pass type. That meant that some Passholders were able to register either themselves or their Passholder friends/family for dates that they would be blocked from entering Magic Kingdom on.

Now, Disney World has added complimentary 1-day park hopper tickets to accounts that qualify under the conditions described above.

Did they take it down from Instagram? I can't find anything about the Grand Floridian cottage from today. It may just be me...but I'm not seeing anything.

An Original Disneyland Railroad Steam Engine is Back on Track

Walt Disney’s affection for trains is well documented, which is what makes the long-awaited return of the E.P. Ripley — one of the original steam engines on the Disneyland Railroad— a source of celebration for cast and guests alike.

The E.P. Ripley engine at the Disneyland Railroad platform on Main Street, U.S.A.

The train was named after Edward Payson Ripley, one of the original founders of the Atchison and Topeka Railroad (later the Santa Fe Railroad, established in 1859). The steam engine was taken off track about five years ago for repairs, followed by a full restoration project that began in summer 2021. On March 6, it will again be ready to take guests on a grand circle tour of Disneyland park.

The restoration process required the team to replicate the original boiler, the headlamp and bell to bring the locomotive back to its original splendor. “We replicated some of the original parts, since they aren’t manufactured anymore,” said Tarun Khanna, lead mechanical engineer. “Everything is mechanical and runs like a steam engine from the past, from the boiler all the way down to the whistle.”

Walt Disney riding aboard the E.P. Ripley with Mickey Mouse

Walt can be seen riding on the E.P. Ripley in photos around the time of the park’s 1955 opening, so the steam engine’s return as we continue the Disney100 Celebration at Disneyland Resort is especially meaningful.

Katie Wildrick standing in front of the E.P. Ripley engine

“Many of us here at the Disneyland Railroad deeply appreciate that we get to operate an attraction that has so much historic significance to the park and personal significance to so many of our guests,” said Katie Wildrick (above), a core lead and trainer.

An Original Disneyland Railroad Steam Engine is Back on Track

Walt Disney’s affection for trains is well documented, which is what makes the long-awaited return of the E.P. Ripley — one of the original steam engines on the Disneyland Railroad— a source of celebration for cast and guests alike.

The E.P. Ripley engine at the Disneyland Railroad platform on Main Street, U.S.A.

The train was named after Edward Payson Ripley, one of the original founders of the Atchison and Topeka Railroad (later the Santa Fe Railroad, established in 1859). The steam engine was taken off track about five years ago for repairs, followed by a full restoration project that began in summer 2021. On March 6, it will again be ready to take guests on a grand circle tour of Disneyland park.

The restoration process required the team to replicate the original boiler, the headlamp and bell to bring the locomotive back to its original splendor. “We replicated some of the original parts, since they aren’t manufactured anymore,” said Tarun Khanna, lead mechanical engineer. “Everything is mechanical and runs like a steam engine from the past, from the boiler all the way down to the whistle.”

Walt Disney riding aboard the E.P. Ripley with Mickey Mouse

Walt can be seen riding on the E.P. Ripley in photos around the time of the park’s 1955 opening, so the steam engine’s return as we continue the Disney100 Celebration at Disneyland Resort is especially meaningful.

Katie Wildrick standing in front of the E.P. Ripley engine

“Many of us here at the Disneyland Railroad deeply appreciate that we get to operate an attraction that has so much historic significance to the park and personal significance to so many of our guests,” said Katie Wildrick (above), a core lead and trainer.
If anyone has occasion to visit the Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco, you will see the complete Carolwood Pacific train that Walt used at his Holmby Hills house. A replica of the original Lilly Belle locomotive is on display at DLR in the lobby of the Main Street station.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Carolwood_Pacific_Railroad

The resort will have 350 rooms. And for people looking for booking and add-on details -- DVC says info. will be shared "in the coming weeks."

Disney previously announced cash reservations will open up in March. DVC members can book starting March 15, Magic Key members starting March 16, and general public on March 17.
I want to buy DVC but am sooooo confused where to start even looking to plan.

Since this is my "home thread," I'll ask if anyone has advice where to start?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter