Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Sort of Disney related as there are quite a few Disney themed BlendJets out there ...

5 Million BlendJets recalled for Safety

I've got 2 Disney BlendJets in my house that are part of the recall. After following the instructions on the website, including destroying the rubber seal and taking a photo, I'm only bring offered a replacement choice of black, mint, or purple.

Looks like you can't get a Disney replacement as part of the recall?

Since we are coming up on a new year I figured I would let you all know that I will not be continuing with regular posting of the blogs/media outlets, etc after the end of the year, and will not be creating the thread for any 2024 updates.

I thank you all for being a part of the fun, and wish you all the best in the New Year!
Thank you for the hard work.. happy 2024

Since we are coming up on a new year I figured I would let you all know that I will not be continuing with regular posting of the blogs/media outlets, etc after the end of the year, and will not be creating the thread for any 2024 updates.

I thank you all for being a part of the fun, and wish you all the best in the New Year!
Thank you for all you've done on this thread! You will be missed! Happy 2024!

Recap of everything that opened and closed in 2023 at the Disney Parks worldwide:
Things that have opened in 2023:
  1. Donald's Dine 'n Delights at Shanghai Disney - January 17, 2023
  2. World of Color - One - January 27, 2023
  3. Wondrous Journeys fireworks - January 27, 2023
  4. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - January 27, 2023
  5. Avenger: Power the Night drone show at Walt Disney Studios - January 28, 2023 - May 8, 2023
  6. Earl of Sandwich temporary location replacing LeBrea's Bakery - February 1, 2023
  7. The Royal Pub - February 17, 2023
  8. Magic Happens parade - February 26, 2023
  9. Reimagining of Toontown at Disneyland - March 19, 2023
  10. Rodeo Roundup BBQ in Toy Story Land - March 23, 2023
  11. Narcoosee's at Grand Floridian "Renovation" - April 1, 202
  12. Happily Ever After returning - April 3, 2023
  13. Epcot Forever returning - April 3, 2023
  14. Tron Lightcycle / Run - April 4, 2023
  15. Disney Dreams! returning - April 12, 2023
  16. Luca expansion to Pizzeria Bella Notte Restaurant - April 13, 2023
  17. DVC Lounge in Tomorrowland - April 19, 2023
  18. Moana Meet & greet @ Animal Kingdom - April 22, 2023
  19. Clyde's Hot Chicken at Downtown Disney - May 6, 2023
  20. Reimagined Pixar Place & Edna Mode Experience - May 14, 2023
  21. Rogers The Musical at Hyperion Theater - June 30, 2023 - August 31, 2023
  22. "Duffy and Friends' Wonderful Friendship" at Tokyo DisneySea's Cape Cod Coof-Off - July 4, 2023
  23. Together: A Pixar Musical Adventure - July 15 2023
  24. Trail's End Quick Service refresh - July 27, 2023
  25. Casa de Coco - Restaurante de la Familia @ DLP- July 29, 2023
  26. Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya - August 30, 2023
  27. San Fransokyo Square replaces Pacific Wharf - August 31, 2023
  28. "The Diamond Variety Muster" at Tokyo Disneyland's Diamond Horeshoe - September 1, 2023
  29. Tiana's Palace Restaurant coming to New Orleans - September 7, 2023
  30. Figment Meet & Greet - September 10, 2023
  31. Mirabel Meet & Greet in Magic Kingdom - September 15, 2023
  32. Avengers Vault - September 18, 2023
  33. Disneyland Hotel DVC Tower - September 28, 2023
  34. DreamMakers statue at Hong Kong Disneyland - October 16, 2023
  35. Moana inspired Journey of Water - October 16, 2023
  36. Adventureland Treehouse - November 10, 2023
  37. Downtown Disney Stage and Lawn - November 10, 2023
  38. World of Frozen @ Hong Kong Disneyland - November 20, 2023
  39. Hatbox Ghost coming to Haunted Mansion - November 30, 2023
  40. 'eet by Maneet - December 4, 2023
  41. Luminous: the Symphony of Us - December 5, 2023
  42. World Celebration & Dreamer's Point - December 5 2023
  43. Brasserie Rosalie - December 8, 2023
  44. Summer House on the Lake at Disney Springs - December 14 2023
  45. Zootopia at Shanghai - December 20, 2023
Things that have permanently closed in 2023:
  1. Planet Hollywood in Disney Village at DLP - January 7, 2023
  2. King Ludwig's Castle in Disney Village at DLP - January 8, 2023
  3. Splash Mountain at WDW - January 23, 2023
  4. French Market Restaurant at Disneyland - February 17, 2023
  5. Disney Enchantment - April 2, 2023
  6. Harmonious - April 2, 2023
  7. Play Pavilion in Wonders of Life - Officially Confirmed to be Cancelled on April 3, 2023
  8. Uve Bar & Cafe and Catal at Downtown Disney, Disneyland - April 10, 2023
  9. Disney Illuminations - April 11, 2023
  10. Trail's End Table-Service restaurant - April 17, 2023
  11. Splash Mountain at Disneyland - May 30, 2023
  12. Avengers Super Store - September 14, 2023
  13. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser - September 30, 2023
  14. Dream... and Shine Brighter - September 30, 2023
  15. Disney D-Light - September 30, 2023
  16. Beast's Library in Animation Academy in DCA - December 10, 2023
Number 2 on the list, World of Color One - Underrated imo, I really enjoyed it. Hope it comes back in 2024!

Thank you for all of the work you put into the thread this year. I got a lot of my Disney news here since Twitter is horrible. I also enjoyed discussing news surrounding Disney with other users, even if we didn't always agree.

Artists & Dates Announced for Live Art Demonstrations During 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts

Trevor Carlton will appear on these dates:

• January 12 to January 15
  • January 18 to January 21
  • January 25 to January 28
Stephen Fishwick will appear on these dates:

• February 1 to February 4
  • February 8 to February 11
  • February 15 to February 19
Guests can view the live art demonstration in World Showcase Plaza every Thursday through Sunday, as well as on Monday, January 15, and Monday, February 19. Showtimes will be in the My Disney Experience app.

Disney World Completely Sold Out & At Capacity for Next Two Days

Disney World is full. According to the Disney World website, Disney is no longer selling tickets for any of its theme parks over the next two days (December 29, 30) and only Disney’s Animal Kingdom is available for December 31st. Likewise, required Disney Park Pass theme park reservations are no longer being offered for any of the four theme parks over the next two days to both regular ticket holders and Annual Passholders. Effectively, the parks are at capacity.

Disney Genie+ Sells Out at Hollywood Studios for Third Day in a Row During Busy Holiday Season

The Disney Genie+ skip-the-line service is no longer available for purchase at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, selling out just minutes after the park opened as the busy holiday season continues at Walt Disney World. This is the third day in a row that the service has sold out at Hollywood Studios, and it was priced at $35 per person.
Disney Genie+ Sold Out at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for Second Consecutive Day

New Disney Snack Merch You’ll Crave in 2024

I’m the type of person who often plans my trips to Disney Parks around what I’m going to eat—I absolutely consider indulging in a delicious Mickey Waffle to be of the same priority as hopping on my favorite ride. And for all my fellow Disney foodies who feel similarly about your favorite snacks, prepare yourselves for two new collections releasing on shopDisney and in Disney Parks throughout 2024 that are sure to satisfy your appetites for must-have merch!

dm293847.jpg

Ice cream bars, churros, and popcorn, oh my! Can you spot your favorite treats on these tops from the Disney Eats Snacks Collection? Launching on shopDisney on Jan. 16 and coming soon to Disney Parks, this fun new collection joins the Disney Eats family with fashionable foodie favorites. It brings together a host of delicious treats with a dash of Disney Magic in the form of home goods, accessories, and apparel, like this woven button-up shirt decorated in a smorgasbord of Disney Parks delights.

dm392471.jpg
DMM2341.jpg
dm234352.jpg

You can also sport your favorite snacks (while you nosh on said snacks) in one of the vibrant Disney Parks Food T-Shirts or Spirit Jerseys that come in both Disneyland and Walt Disney World styles. Then complete your delectable look with the Disney Eats Popcorn Box Crossbody Bag.

dm398247.jpg
dm320978.jpg

You’re sure to have sweet dreams of sweet treats in the Disney Parks Food Short Sleep Set, especially when you’re snuggled up with this vanilla-scented Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich Scented Pillow. Fill your home with even more deliciously cute items like this Mickey Mouse Popcorn Planter as well as the Mickey Mouse Caramel Apple Tumbler with Straw that looks just like the caramel apples found in Disney Parks.

dm29374.jpg

And this is just beginning! shopDisney, Disneyland Resort, and Walt Disney World Resort will be dishing out the most delectable new merch from the Disney Eats Collection every month in 2024. Prepare yourself to enjoy a slice of style with the Disney Eats Pizza Collection releasing in February.

dm390248.jpg
dm230948.jpg

Still hungry for more? Well, make sure you safeguard your food, or your pantry might just get raided by everyone’s favorite spacey troublemaker, Stitch. Yes, Experiment 626 is at it again, making mischief and indulging his out-of-this-world appetite with the Stitch Attacks Snacks continuity series. Every month in 2024, a themed plush and pin set of Stitch with a different tasty treat will be released. The series kicks off on Jan. 9 when shopDisney will launch the first collection featuring a Stitch plush noshing on a Mickey Mouse-shaped pretzel and a pin set of Stitch enjoying a pretzel with his sweet friend Angel. Look out for the adorable merch coming to Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort in January as well!

dm203812.jpg

You won’t want to miss February’s release either. In fact, I bet you’ll be popping with excitement when you see the Stitch Attacks Snacks Popcorn Collection! Make sure to check shopDisney every month for more info and updates!

It doesn’t take much to whet my appetite for adorable new merch, and I’m absolutely craving these new collections. Jan. 9 and 16 simply can’t get here soon enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter