Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I want to but it's still too far out for November! The price will definitely make me pass out though 😁
Oh, you're going November 2024? So are we! The week before Thanksgiving and the week of. Will be our first time to Japan and planning 3 days for Tokyo Disney. Very excited about today's announcement. Will be redeeming points for flights as soon as the calendar opens.

Oh, you're going November 2024? So are we! The week before Thanksgiving and the week of. Will be our first time to Japan and planning 3 days for Tokyo Disney. Very excited about today's announcement. Will be redeeming points for flights as soon as the calendar opens.
Yup, we'll be there mid November. I have been before but the summer heat was too much for me so that's why we're going in the fall. If the expansion was delayed to 2025, we would've waited until then but glad that wasn't the case!

Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea Opens June 6, 2024; Standby Pass or Paid Entry Required to Experience New Attractions

The Oriental Land Company announced today that Fantasy Springs, the massive new eighth port at Tokyo DisneySea, will officially open on Thursday, June 6, 2024. They had previously given a spring 2024 opening timeline for the heavily anticipated new land featuring Frozen, Peter Pan, and Tangled attractions, as well as a new resort hotel.

Tokyo Disney Resort also announced that in order to visit Fantasy Springs and experience its attractions, guests will need to either obtain a Standby Pass or purchase Disney Premier Access.

Standby Pass is available on the Tokyo Disney Resort App, and guests can obtain a Standby Pass free of charge after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience any of the four attractions at Fantasy Springs with a Standby Pass. Once guests obtain a Standby Pass, they will be able to enter Fantasy Springs to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction at a designated time.

Disney Premier Access is available for a fee, and guests can purchase Disney Premier Access using the Tokyo Disney Resort App after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience three attractions at Fantasy Springs with Disney Premier Access. With Disney Premier Access for an attraction at Fantasy Springs, guests will be able to enter Fantasy Springs at a specified time to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction with a reduced wait time, offering convenience and added flexibility for those who wish to maximize their visit to this new area.

Ugh! So now I have to decide if we want to be there opening week, go the week before and skip it, or possibly put it off toward the end of the trip and go the 2nd week🙁 We have to go early summer, since we don’t know what our son’s college will want him to do in the summer or even when school starts. He’s a senior and won’t know where he gets in until late this year to Spring next year.

I was half asleep in a zombie like state while scrolling through the DIS and this announcement jolted me awake and I was like "YEEEESSSSS!! LET'S GOOOOO!!!"

The standby pass thing sucks but hopefully my VQ training will come in handy.
Hopefully the queue is in the English app. They have sometimes only been putting them in the Japanese app. You might look to see what packages and which queue passes are included when you go. I am just about to embark on this insanity for our June trip.

Man I’m so bummed. We’ll be there May 12-31. I wanted to see this expansion so badly and ds loves tangled

I will tell you that regardless of if the expansion is open or not, you will be impressed and have a great time at Tokyo Disneyland and especially DisneySea! You will want to go back. So don't feel bad, just save it for next time! 😁

Ugh! So now I have to decide if we want to be there opening week, go the week before and skip it, or possibly put it off toward the end of the trip and go the 2nd week🙁 We have to go early summer, since we don’t know what our son’s college will want him to do in the summer or even when school starts. He’s a senior and won’t know where he gets in until late this year to Spring next year.

Hopefully the queue is in the English app. They have sometimes only been putting them in the Japanese app. You might look to see what packages and which queue passes are included when you go. I am just about to embark on this insanity for our June trip.
Yeah I've heard that the English version of the app isn't amazing and has less features. I was considering that since this may be the only opportunity to go for a few years. I've also read that the fight for hotel reservations is cutthroat so I'd rather avoid that headache too.

I will tell you that regardless of if the expansion is open or not, you will be impressed and have a great time at Tokyo Disneyland and especially DisneySea! You will want to go back. So don't feel bad, just save it for next time! 😁
Haha we’ve been before. Dh and I went in 2019. This will be ds’s first time though. He’ll be 4 when we go and is obsessed with tangled. I hate that we’re missing the opening by 6 days

Yeah I've heard that the English version of the app isn't amazing and has less features. I was considering that since this may be the only opportunity to go for a few years. I've also read that the fight for hotel reservations is cutthroat so I'd rather avoid that headache too.
I need to start my Duolingo for Japanese so maybe I won't look so clueless while there.

I need to start my Duolingo for Japanese so maybe I won't look so clueless while there.

I took Japanese in hs over 20 years ago and did almost a year of duo before my trip. It wasn't helpful. Learn numbers, kaban is bag which is helpful. Otherwise greetings, please and thank you. Most things you can either figure out, they speak English or use Google translate. I felt like I wasted a lot of time learning duo. It also taught so much that is zero help.

Google lens is also huge for translating text.

I took Japanese in hs over 20 years ago and did almost a year of duo before my trip. It wasn't helpful. Learn numbers, kaban is bag which is helpful. Otherwise greetings, please and thank you. Most things you can either figure out, they speak English or use Google translate. I felt like I wasted a lot of time learning duo. It also taught so much that is zero help.

Google lens is also huge for translating text.

I took a year of Japanese in college. I’ve been using Pimsleur audio books/tapes for refreshing languages. I was doing it this summer but stopped when we went on vacation. It may not help, but it will make me feel better for trying. Plus, they always appreciate when you try, well, everyone but the Parisians.

The Treasure is currently available to book through May 2025.
Yeah it’s weird. I was only looking for information and the DCL site let me put a 3 day hold on that Treasure cabin, also gave me the option to make a down payment. I did not try it because still need to check our schedules. Probably wouldn’t have accepted.

We’re staying DL Hotel club level on Nov 2 when it’s supposed to go live for DVC Members. All of this is Disney firsts for us lol (DVC, DCL, CL). We just keep drinking more of this koolaid. I’m wondering if concierge would book for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter