Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

It would be great to have the pick a pearl back! We owe my youngest a pick a pearl. My oldest got one for her 16th birthday in 2016...the youngest turned 16 in 2020...so no pick a pearl for them yet!
I tried to ask if it was reopening as there were quite a few people milling about back there, but I couldn’t get anyone’s attention. I asked a CM when we checked out, but she had been reassigned to the store for the day and didn’t know anything about it.

Mark Parker To Be Named Chairman of The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) Board of Directors announced that it has elected independent director Mark G. Parker as Chairman of the Board, effective following the Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Mr. Parker, a seven-year member of the Disney Board and Executive Chairman of NIKE, Inc., will succeed Susan E. Arnold, who will not stand for re-election pursuant to the 15-year term limit under Disney’s Board Tenure Policy. As a result, the size of the Board will be reduced to 11 members.

“Mark Parker is an incredibly well-respected leader who over seven years as a Disney director has helped the Company effectively navigate through a time of unprecedented change,” Ms. Arnold said. “During his four decades at NIKE, Mark has led one of the world’s most recognized consumer brands through various market evolutions and a successful CEO transition, and he is uniquely positioned to chair the Disney Board during this period of transformation.”

“Mark Parker’s vision, incredible depth of experience and wise counsel have been invaluable to Disney, and I look forward to continuing working with him in his new role, along with our other directors, as we chart the future course for this amazing company,” said Robert A. Iger, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “On behalf of my fellow Board members and the entire Disney management team, I also want to thank Susan for her superb leadership as Chairman and for her tireless work over the past 15 years as an exemplary steward of the Disney brand.”

Mr. Parker will also chair a newly created Succession Planning Committee of the Board, which will advise the Board on CEO succession planning, including review of internal and external candidates. Mr. Parker served as NIKE’s Chairman and CEO until 2020, when he became Executive Chairman.

Mark Parker To Be Named Chairman of The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) Board of Directors announced that it has elected independent director Mark G. Parker as Chairman of the Board, effective following the Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Mr. Parker, a seven-year member of the Disney Board and Executive Chairman of NIKE, Inc., will succeed Susan E. Arnold, who will not stand for re-election pursuant to the 15-year term limit under Disney’s Board Tenure Policy. As a result, the size of the Board will be reduced to 11 members.

“Mark Parker is an incredibly well-respected leader who over seven years as a Disney director has helped the Company effectively navigate through a time of unprecedented change,” Ms. Arnold said. “During his four decades at NIKE, Mark has led one of the world’s most recognized consumer brands through various market evolutions and a successful CEO transition, and he is uniquely positioned to chair the Disney Board during this period of transformation.”

“Mark Parker’s vision, incredible depth of experience and wise counsel have been invaluable to Disney, and I look forward to continuing working with him in his new role, along with our other directors, as we chart the future course for this amazing company,” said Robert A. Iger, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “On behalf of my fellow Board members and the entire Disney management team, I also want to thank Susan for her superb leadership as Chairman and for her tireless work over the past 15 years as an exemplary steward of the Disney brand.”

Mr. Parker will also chair a newly created Succession Planning Committee of the Board, which will advise the Board on CEO succession planning, including review of internal and external candidates. Mr. Parker served as NIKE’s Chairman and CEO until 2020, when he became Executive Chairman.
Lol. I read that as Park Marker to be named Chairman…

First expected it to say Park Marker named after a chairman, then kept reading and was like, What?!

Universal have just announced a new theme park coming to Texas:
"JUST ANNOUNCED: Universal Parks & Resorts plans to bring a new concept for families with young children to Frisco, Texas!"
"The new park concept, set in a lush green landscape and featuring immersive themed lands, celebrates Universal’s iconic brand of entertainment, humor, and innovation and brings to life its beloved characters and stories in ways that will wow even the youngest theme park goers."
I’m excited about this! Maybe Disney will follow?!

Just kinda sad that Disney is not thinking big (and hasn’t for some time now). Little things like the ones announced this week aren’t going to do much for long term brand loyalty. (Yes, Tron announcement is small)

I take that back, I believe they do think big… they just won’t put the money up for those ideas. Sigh.

We walked through Mitsukoshi department store yesterday and noticed this. I’m fairly certain this is new. I know the entire area had been ripped out. They even had the sign hanging. (If this isn’t new info, or I’m just incredibly unobservant, feel free to delete!)View attachment 731276View attachment 731277
The pick a Pearl area was moved there a while back before covid and it just hasn’t reopened, I think they had it behind a faux wall for a bit, but it has looked like that for a while. The area that has the fancy Pearl jewelry shop has become a little Japanese artifact museum area.

The pick a Pearl area was moved there a while back before covid and it just hasn’t reopened, I think they had it behind a faux wall for a bit, but it has looked like that for a while. The area that has the fancy Pearl jewelry shop has become a little Japanese artifact museum area.
Yep, we saw that too; that was nice.

They were definitely working on it. Lots of people
walking around behind the tape and manager-type people talking and motioning to the displays - I suppose they could have been discussing getting rid of it completely…

Good Morning!

1a984fb1b2d2b66950e4c901827f9c78.jpg

Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Park Later this Year
As we initially shared at D23 Expo, we are excited for the opportunity to tell even more Tiana stories in New Orleans Square. We recently opened Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets, a new retail shop that Tiana opened with her mother, Eudora. Up next will be Tiana’s Palace later this year, followed by Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the thrilling attraction that will open in Disneyland park in 2024.

Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Park in 2023

Tiana’s Palace will be the newest restaurant on Orleans Street. Within its peach-colored walls and fancy green wrought-iron balconies, you’ll find elegant fixtures and appointments reminiscent of Tiana’s life and friendships. The new Tiana’s Palace will have much of the same pinch of pizzazz and flair as the restaurant from the film, offering authentic New Orleans flavors inspired by Tiana’s friends and adventures in this quick-service style restaurant. While Tiana’s Palace is not a character dining location, guests may find Tiana in New Orleans Square.

The menu at Tiana’s Palace will expand on many of the current favorites served in the location, explore seasonal flavors and, of course, offer some New Orleans classics. Tiana’s Palace is sure to be a gathering place for friends and family to enjoy great food and celebrate together, just like Tiana and her father James dreamed of.

Disney Imagineers are partnering with Disney Animation artists from the original film to bring this story to life at Disneyland park. In fact, the film designers took inspiration from the exterior of the original French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square when designing Tiana’s Palace for the movie, so this is a long-dreamt homecoming.

To begin this work, French Market Restaurant (and Mint Julep Bar) will be closed beginning February 17, 2023, and will reopen as Tiana’s Palace (alongside Mint Julep Bar with its famous mint juleps and Mickey beignets) later in the year.

As we initially shared at D23 Expo, we are excited for the opportunity to tell even more Tiana stories in New Orleans Square. We recently opened Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets, a new retail shop that Tiana opened with her mother, Eudora. Up next will be Tiana’s Palace later this year, followed by Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the thrilling attraction that will open in Disneyland park in 2024.

Tiana’s Palace will be the newest restaurant on Orleans Street. Within its peach-colored walls and fancy green wrought-iron balconies, you’ll find elegant fixtures and appointments reminiscent of Tiana’s life and friendships. The new Tiana’s Palace will have much of the same pinch of pizzazz and flair as the restaurant from the film, offering authentic New Orleans flavors inspired by Tiana’s friends and adventures in this quick-service style restaurant. While Tiana’s Palace is not a character dining location, guests may find Tiana in New Orleans Square.

The menu at Tiana’s Palace will expand on many of the current favorites served in the location, explore seasonal flavors and, of course, offer some New Orleans classics. Tiana’s Palace is sure to be a gathering place for friends and family to enjoy great food and celebrate together, just like Tiana and her father James dreamed of.

Disney Imagineers are partnering with Disney Animation artists from the original film to bring this story to life at Disneyland park. In fact, the film designers took inspiration from the exterior of the original French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square when designing Tiana’s Palace for the movie, so this is a long-dreamt homecoming.

To begin this work, French Market Restaurant (and Mint Julep Bar) will be closed beginning February 17, 2023, and will reopen as Tiana’s Palace (alongside Mint Julep Bar with its famous mint juleps and Mickey beignets) later in the year.
I still think adding Tiana's Palace to Port Orleans is a no-brainer. Wish they would steal the idea.

Oh no! Does this mean no beignets for my March trip?!?!?!

Oh no! Does this mean no beignets for my March trip?!?!?!

It's possible they will serve them elsewhere. I seem to remember once they were serving them at Royal Street Veranda, and I think it was because the Mint Julep Bar was closed for some work. I am not 100% positive of that though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter