Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bier Kiosk Unavailable, Das Kaufhaus Behind Shrubs as Cobblestone Removal Project Expands in Germany Pavilion at EPCOT

The location is listed as “Temporarily Unavailable” on the Disney World website. Cast Members were not sure how long it would be closed.

germany-cobblestone-removal-pavement-project-4.jpg

Harmonious Firework Testing to Take Place After Park Close at EPCOT on June 16-20

Guests staying at any of the hotels located in the EPCOT Resort Area should keep in mind that crews will be testing fireworks overnight from Thursday, June 16 to Sunday, June 20. These tests will take place in the World Showcase Lagoon and will involve pyrotechnic products used in EPCOT's Harmoniousnighttime spectacular.

Tests are currently scheduled to start at 11:30 p.m. and end at 1:45-2:00 a.m. Fireworks will be tested over a period of time of approximately 20-40 minutes, with possible pauses for creative discussion. Products being tested include 1.4G & 1.3G fireworks. Both low and high altitude products will be tested during that time.

Performances of the new Finding Nemo show at Disney's Animal Kingdom are being canceled

On June 14, the show's second day, the 10:30am, and 4:30pm performances were canceled. We understand that the reason for the cancellations was poor attendance at the 1500-seat Theater in the Wild.

Following the same pattern as yesterday, today's first and last shows have both been canceled.
Man, they're wasting no time at not spending an ounce of more labor than they have to. Low attendance shows are generally more enjoyable for the guest...especially considering how new the show is...but who cares.

Walt Disney Imagineering shares behind the scenes look at TRON Lightcycle Run

View attachment 676546

Recently Walt Disney Imagineering shared a behind-the-scenes look at Tron Lightcycle Run in the Magic Kingdom. In the photos, you can see inside the all-new attraction with the canopy illuminated.

Walt Disney Imagineering had this to say about the photos:

Attention Users. Programming Commencing// Imagineers on TRON Lightcycle / Run reached another project milestone at Magic Kingdom last week, with the start of show lighting testing at the attraction canopy.

This curved-wave structure serves as the Upload Conduit to the Grid, where guests, known as Users, will race beneath on Lightcycles as they begin their competition. In preparation for the race, the Show Lighting team is hard at work testing the system and programming more than 1,200 fixtures across the surface.

The canopy and exterior plaza will be brought to life in the coming months as the project team continues uploading and integrating additional show elements.”
I know there's a thread on when this will open and people are pessimistic about it but it seems like they've been getting good signs lately, between this and the announcement (with video!) that they've begun ride testing. Really excited for this one.

They should give it time, not everyone knows it’s back yet I’m sure.
I was surprised they brought back Finding Nemo (even if it was redone). The audience was low when I attended in 2019. I believe Disney lost an opportunity with COVID to bring in some new shows. One of my complaints with Disney World is that the shows are not refreshed enough. I don't mind riding the same rides again (though I like new ones added). There are several shows (Frozen Sing Along, Beauty and the Beast) that are once and done for me or I only go to them every couple of trips.

New Tow Mater Popcorn Bucket Available for 10th Anniversary of Cars Land

A new popcorn bucket shaped like Tow Mater from the “Cars” franchise is now available in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. The bucket is available for purchase at Flo’s V8 Cafe, Fillmore’s Taste-In, and the Cozy Cone Motel while supplies last.

Also as part of the 10th anniversary celebration, Guido will now be greeting guests outside Luigi’s Casa Della Tires and a complimentary button is available at the park’s entrance.

mater-popcorn-bucket.jpeg

1655313317555.png

Last time I saw a TV taping at EPCOT they were setup at the entrance to World Showcase from Future World. That might be a spot they use again.

They will almost certainly have the cameras in that area, point head-on into the show for the best possible view. The hosting, etc. could take place elsewhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter