Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pavement Design Complete for Japan Pavilion at EPCOT

First, here’s a look back at the previous pavement design in the Japan Pavilion courtesy of an aerial photo from bioreconstruct.

aerial-japan-pavement-bioreconstruct-1049x1400.jpeg

Here’s the new look pavement design as seen earlier this morning.

japan-pavilion-pavement-project-1.jpg

japan-pavilion-pavement-project-3.jpg
I like the look, but who thought black concrete was a good thing in Florida heat? :)

j

UK Only but maybe soon for US:
Spider-Man movies are finally coming to Disney+ – and VERY soon

"The films that are slated to go live on that date are Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming. Additional titles from Sony’s film and television library will hit the streamer later this year."
I think there is still some time on Sony’s contract with Starz in the US even for the Tom Holland films that are in the mcu so it will be a while…

Sellouts Stagnate for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Yes, the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is still open. Initial hype, and bookings, have normalized for the $6,000 immersive hotel and while bookings still look strong through the summer (as predicted by Disney CEO Bob Chapek), there is very little movement when it comes to sold-out dates beyond mid-August.

Here’s a look at the currently posted availability calendar.

starcruiser-availability-06152022-2000x1064.png

starcruiser-availability-06152022-1-2000x1064.png

There are a grand total of four sold-out dates between August 16th and the end of 2022.

Yes, the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is still open. Initial hype, and bookings, have normalized for the $6,000 immersive hotel and while bookings still look strong through the summer (as predicted by Disney CEO Bob Chapek), there is very little movement when it comes to sold-out dates beyond mid-August.

There are a grand total of four sold-out dates between August 16th and the end of 2022.

Seeing that travel is going to tank soon it’s not surprising.

Considering DHS is ALREADY sold out for Columbus Day week, I think there’s a good chance there will larger than normal revenge crowds through the Halloween/Christmas season. People want to go at specific times for those events/decorations and postponed from 20-21 to this year, but I see next year tanking.

I’m trying to go kid-less with my wife and 3 adult friends in January. Would love a discount..!

Honestly what I’m expecting though is for them to announce the end of the current experience and a transition to whatever-will-replace-this (my guess has always been a moderate resort).

Considering DHS is ALREADY sold out for Columbus Day week, I think there’s a good chance there will larger than normal revenge crowds through the Halloween/Christmas season. People want to go at specific times for those events/decorations and postponed from 20-21 to this year, but I see next year tanking.
Unless airfare has been bought those trips are cancelable still . People want to go yes, but doesn't mean they will be able to go.

Any ideas about how to view this in the park? This happens to be my EPCOT day!!!! Do you think they will set up in the American pavilion?
This is my EPCOT day too! I'm so excited because I love Idina!
With the garden rocks concerts at the American Pavillion, I don't know that they would set up at the same stage. I think the area between the 2 stores at the entrance to World Showcase is more likely. It has a direct view to the "stargate" used in the Harmonious show and not blocked like the American stage.

This is my EPCOT day too! I'm so excited because I love Idina!
With the garden rocks concerts at the American Pavillion, I don't know that they would set up at the same stage. I think the area between the 2 stores at the entrance to World Showcase is more likely. It has a direct view to the "stargate" used in the Harmonious show and not blocked like the American stage.
The stage has been set up there (between the stores)- currently hiding behind some bushes. They are rumored to have been taping pieces of this all week after hours, and there are fireworks tests in World Showcase Lagoon for the 19th and 20th after hours as well. I am not sure what parts will be live in the park that evening- been trying to find an answer to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter