• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakfast offerings join the Outdoor Kitchens at EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival

La Isla Fresca, an Outdoor Kitchen at EPCOT, is now serving breakfast daily from 8:30am to 10:30am.

La Isla Fresca breakfast menu
  • Arepas with Egg and Cheese
  • Arepas with Chorizo, Egg and Cheese
Beverages
  • Tropical Breeze (Lemonade, Grapefruit Juice, Simple Syrup)
  • Dulce de Leche Cocoa Coffee (served hot, sweet coffee beverage)
  • Tropical Breeze (Lemonade, Grapefruit Juice, Simple Syrup) with Don Q Limon Rum

Breakfast offerings join the Outdoor Kitchens at EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival

La Isla Fresca, an Outdoor Kitchen at EPCOT, is now serving breakfast daily from 8:30am to 10:30am.

La Isla Fresca breakfast menu
  • Arepas with Egg and Cheese
  • Arepas with Chorizo, Egg and Cheese
Beverages
  • Tropical Breeze (Lemonade, Grapefruit Juice, Simple Syrup)
  • Dulce de Leche Cocoa Coffee (served hot, sweet coffee beverage)
  • Tropical Breeze (Lemonade, Grapefruit Juice, Simple Syrup) with Don Q Limon Rum
Where was this last week during our trip! 😢

Sneak Peek! Exclusive Merchandise and Enchanting Memories Await Aboard the Disney Wish

5DB91525-92E4-4D6A-AB22-8504A30DF15C.jpeg

The Disney Wish will feature an elegant retail district that runs between the Grand Hall and the Walt Disney Theatre on deck 3. On either side of this shop-lined promenade, five distinct venues will offer exclusive Disney merchandise and luxury gifts like jewelry, watches and accessories.

One of these shops, Treasures Untold, will be your go-to destination for signature Disney Cruise Line collectibles, including our largest selection of Pandora Jewelry ever, plus limited-time Artist Spotlight collections and guest-favorite Dooney & Bourke handbags. (Check out the new Disney Wish inaugural design on the tote bag!)

i2487tylu2i4t9p8yuhj35te3aaa.jpg

0314ZO_3219CM3b.jpg

In a new location on deck 5, returning Disney cruisers will find a familiar sight: Mickey’s Mainsail, a fleet mainstay filled with Disney Cruise Line-themed souvenirs and gifts, plus even more Disney Wish exclusives — like the special-edition Loungefly mini-backpack and headband above. And on the upper decks, Dory’s Forget-Me-Knots will feature swimwear, water-play gear and fun graphic tees inspired by favorite Disney stories.

Typhoon Lagoon H2O Glow After Hours Ticket Prices and Annual Pass Discounts Released

Dates & Times
Disney H2O Glow After Hours at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is held on Saturday nights May 28 to August 27, 2022, from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM. You can get a head start on the fun by entering the park at 6:00 PM—a couple of hours before the event officially begins.

Prices
Explore ticket prices:
  • Adult (ages 10 and up): $75 plus tax
  • Child (ages 3 to 9): $70 plus tax
Discounts
Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can purchase specially priced tickets:

• Passholder or Disney Vacation Club Member – Adult (ages 10 and up): $59 plus tax
  • Passholder or Disney Vacation Club Member – Child (ages 3 to 9): $54 plus tax

That’s a savings of $16 per ticket!

Tickets go on sale April 1, 2022. Guests of select hotels at the Walt Disney World Resort can begin purchasing Disney H2O Glow After Hours tickets as early as March 29, 2022.
Do you know if I can purchase additional tickets at the passholder rate? I'm a passholder, but my wife and kids aren't.

Do you know if I can purchase additional tickets at the passholder rate? I'm a passholder, but my wife and kids aren't.
It seems like you can. I almost booked and it was going to let me get 4 tickets at the DVC price even though my kids aren't on the contract (was purchasing 4 adult tickets since they're disney adults. )

Do they honestly think people were sitting around for 2 years waiting for DisneY to recall them???

It's like your ex dumping you and then calling you 2 years later to see if you want to move in together.
Well, it's my understanding that CMs were brought back to work by seniority - they may have worked at one job before the lay offs, and when jobs were being filled again, they were asked to come back into those. Perhaps some of the CMs that were MV drivers came back into other jobs, and would jump at the chance to be drivers again, so.... who knows.

Surely some of them may have moved on, though.

Do they honestly think people were sitting around for 2 years waiting for DisneY to recall them???

It's like your ex dumping you and then calling you 2 years later to see if you want to move in together.
I see it as a curtesy, if I had been told that I would have a chance to get my job again after reopening and Disney never contacted me I would be upset even if I had a better job now. Regardless of cast members accepting the offer or not, at least asking them is the right thing to do before replacing them.

Rehearsals Underway for New Finding Nemo Show at Animal Kingdom, Disney Eyes Late Spring Opening

Cast Members shared the news that rehearsals began this week on social media. In addition to sharing the news that rehearsals had begun, the Broadway Bradshaws Instagram account also shared that rehearsals would last a month or two before the show debuts. It’s possible that Disney is looking to target a late-May opening for the show in conjunction with a second-half launch of the 50th Anniversary celebration.

I got our tickets for h2o glow super easy this morning for July 2nd. So happy I was able to do it on the website instead of the awful wait times anymore calling Disney for anything. We are excited it was reasonably priced. We did a similar party when it was the start of DVC moonlight magic events years ago and had a blast.

Surprise: runDisney May Not Have Medals Ready for Runners Attending Springtime Surprise Weekend

According to communication from runDisney, they will not guarantee that participants in the Springtime Surprise weekend will receive medals. runDisney cites “global supply chain challenges” as the reason for the lack of medals.

runDisney does leave open the possibility that the medals could arrive on time, but is asking runners to confirm their mailing address should the medals need to be mailed out after the race. Check your email for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter