Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Updated Version” of Happily Ever After Fireworks Show Will Return in 2023, Not Just the Anthem

According to D23, an “updated version” of the Happily Ever After fireworks show will return in 2023. When its return was originally announced by Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro, the excited crowd reaction seemingly tied up D’Amaro’s delivery of the news and caused confusion amongst fans. Here’s what D23 said about the return of Happily Ever After in an article looking forward to 2023:

Happily Ever After fireworks will once again light up the sky with an updated version of the show in 2023

Salt & Straw January Flavors

Toasted Oat Milk & Cookies (v)
DairyFree-2023-January-Toasted-Scoop-Silo_300x300.png

Red Velvet Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting (v)
DairyFree-2023-January-RedVelvet-Scoop-Silo_300x300.png

Peanut Butter Brittle Caramel Fudge (v)
DairyFree-2023-January-PeanutbutterBrittle-Scoop-Silo_300x300.png

Bananas Foster (v)
DairyFree-2023-January-Fosters-Scoop-Silo_300x300.png

Chocolate Sorbet (v)
DairyFree-2023-January-ChocolateSorbet-Scoop-Silo_300x300.png

So, I wonder if Disney knew this was coming down the pike with the half a year refurb on RnR? Wonder if it will now be completely rethemed?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/steven-tyler-sexual-assault-minor-lawsuit-1234653817/

The allegations in the lawsuit are news, but his involvement with the victim has been known for a very long time now, it's been spoken about in several books. It's one of the reasons I've always felt ambivalent about the ride and wish it would be rethemed.

Sosa Family Cigar Co. Permanently Closing In Disney Springs

Sosa Family Cigar Co. in Disney Springs will permanently close on January 2, 2023. The family-run store has been a long-standing staple with its first location in Pleasure Island and the current West Side location, dating back to the early 2000s.
I was walking around DS a few days ago and was surprised to see it was still there. Made me wonder how much longer Disney would keep it around.

Sosa Family Cigar Co. Permanently Closing In Disney Springs

Sosa Family Cigar Co. in Disney Springs will permanently close on January 2, 2023. The family-run store has been a long-standing staple with its first location in Pleasure Island and the current West Side location, dating back to the early 2000s.

Can't tell you how happy I am about this. The smell was gross and made it difficult to be outside near Salt & Straw. I wonder if they will consider expanding into the spot, after the airing out of course. They need more room. The current spot is tiny.

Anyone know why the People Mover is playing the old narration during the ride, while the new narration is only played at the start/end?

Really confused as Paul Rudd's ORAC 5 introduction happens then doesn't appear again till entering the station.

I am not big on running events, but I really dig the late-80's aesthetic of this themed stuff!
It’s going to be a really fun weekend, expecting a lot of people dressing up in loud running outfits. Kinda jealous that I’m not doing it but I had another big race in November and didn’t know if I would be able to handle another big one so soon after.

The allegations in the lawsuit are news, but his involvement with the victim has been known for a very long time now, it's been spoken about in several books. It's one of the reasons I've always felt ambivalent about the ride and wish it would be rethemed.

Yep, this is old news as you mentioned, and even Tyler has talked about this. If I understand correctly, the lawsuit can now move forward as California has lifted the statute of limitations on child sexual abuse starting Jan 1 2023.

If a lot of these celebs didn't lock things down with an out of court settlement and NDA, Tyler's case will only be the beginning of a flood.

EDIT: sounds like the window for lawsuits may end this year? Explains the Tyler lawsuit, but then I'm surprised that that there hasn't been more suits filed against other celebrities?

Last edited:

This is honestly the first time I’ve heard of it, but I don’t really follow celebrity news. I love the coaster, but even before this news I thought it needed a re-theme. To me it feels somewhat out of place with how much DHS has changed over the years and I kind of doubt kids are all that familiar with Aerosmith.

Hopefully they use this as an opportunity to re-theme it to something a little more Disney.

This is honestly the first time I’ve heard of it, but I don’t really follow celebrity news. I love the coaster, but even before this news I thought it needed a re-theme. To me it feels somewhat out of place with how much DHS has changed over the years and I kind of doubt kids are all that familiar with Aerosmith.

Hopefully they use this as an opportunity to re-theme it to something a little more Disney.
Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.... that is my vote!!

Adventureland Treehouse Opening Date Announced, New Swiss Family Robinson Theme to Include S.E.A. Connection

The Disneyland website has been updated to show a reopening date of February 11, 2023 for the Adventureland Treehouse. Disney has not previously announced an opening date for the rethemed attraction. Here’s how Disney describes the new theme for the former Tarzan’s Treehouse:

Paying tribute to the original treehouse that Walt Disney and his Imagineers built in 1962 for the hit movie, “Swiss Family Robinson,” the Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Walt Disney’s Swiss Family Robinson will return in a fresh, new way at Disneyland park in 2023.

Eric Tan Previews EPCOT Poster for 2023 International Festival of the Arts

Artist Eric Tan will be appearing at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts with four new prints. He shared the first, a tribute to EPCOT, on Instagram.

eric tan epcot art 2023

Tan wrote, “With the EPCOT Festival of the Arts right around the corner, here’s a look at the 1st of 4 new prints debuting at the event. I chose to go a different route on the series rather than focusing on particular films, characters, or attractions. All of the Disney Parks have such a unique architectural aesthetic created by the geniuses at Imagineering. Each one features it’s own series of iconic landmarks that tell as much of a story as classic Disney films. From the shapes, to the colors, to the music – you truly feel as if you’re transported into a different world each time. I love just walking around each one and looking at everything that defines each Park (and stuffing my face while doing so!). Anyhoo, Here’s my tribute to EPCOT!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter