Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hello! This morning a Cast Member told us that they are doing away with the park reservation system after Labor Day. That’s doesn’t sound right to me. What do you think?"
Just saw this on FB, (I know, not the most correct news!) can anyone speak to this rumor? There were a lot of comments about others hearing the same!
TIA
Best guess: this is accurate for Guardians VQ and whisper down the lane has warped the rumor.

The VQ is staying open so late that they're leaving ILL money on the table there. As to park reservations, every comment from decision makers has been that they're the best thing since sliced bread (for Disney and managing operations) and that they're here for the foreseeable future.

"Hello! This morning a Cast Member told us that they are doing away with the park reservation system after Labor Day. That’s doesn’t sound right to me. What do you think?"
Just saw this on FB, (I know, not the most correct news!) can anyone speak to this rumor? There were a lot of comments about others hearing the same!
TIA
We have a better chance of seeing a real Italian hoagie sold at WDW than park reservations going away.

I just can’t believe Disneyland is getting all these new crazy character encounters at their Halloween party and beyond and all we get in Florida is ****ty so called “Italian” subs especially with it being the 50th
There are very good business reasons why DL has ‘cooler’ things than WDW. It’s been talked about many times but it boils down to “why would we raise the bar when we don’t have to?” DL needs to raise the bar to keep people coming because of the guest types. WDW doesn’t need to because people just keep coming. You raise the bar and then you’ll have to keep doing it. Keep it little dribs and drabs and people will still keep coming.

There are very good business reasons why DL has ‘cooler’ things than WDW. It’s been talked about many times but it boils down to “why would we raise the bar when we don’t have to?” DL needs to raise the bar to keep people coming because of the guest types. WDW doesn’t need to because people just keep coming. You raise the bar and then you’ll have to keep doing it. Keep it little dribs and drabs and people will still keep coming.
Oh I know it’s the whole Florida is more a vacation destination where as California is more localized I’ve heard that whole song and dance before but at the same time wouldn’t bringing in these special characters outside of paid events like OBB (ex Mickey & friends in Halloween outfits for day guests, mando & Grogu heading to Batu west…) encourage the so called unfavorable mix of guests

TIA
If they were removing park reservations I firmly believe it would be from a more authoritative source than, ‘a cast member’.

I feel for now park reservations are here to stay.

RUMOR:​

EPCOT’s Play Pavilion Will Not Be Mentioned at D23 Expo, Attraction Either Cancelled or Scaled Back

The reimagining of EPCOT was highly anticipated for many years, so when it was mostly unveiled at the 2019 D23 Expo (and honestly in small chunks in the years leading up to that on this very website), many were excited to finally see the park get the much needed love it deserved. Flash forward to 2022 and a good portion of the project remains in limbo or has been cancelled, including a second phase of announcements which were anticipated to be made public at some point around right now, at least when the plan was formulated many years ago. While the originally envisioned festival pavilion was canned and Disney remains quiet on the Mary Poppins attraction for World Showcase, they have also been publicly ignoring the existence of the Play pavilion, an announced replacement for the former Wonders of Life in World Discovery (formerly Future World East). According to sources inside the company, that silence will remain through the D23 Expo 2022.

Sources also stated that “the pavilion has either been cancelled or severely scaled down.” The team that was working on it was reportedly moved to other projects and Disney executives then proceeded to remove it from any planned presentations at this weekend’s fan conference.

RUMOR:​

EPCOT’s Play Pavilion Will Not Be Mentioned at D23 Expo, Attraction Either Cancelled or Scaled Back

The reimagining of EPCOT was highly anticipated for many years, so when it was mostly unveiled at the 2019 D23 Expo (and honestly in small chunks in the years leading up to that on this very website), many were excited to finally see the park get the much needed love it deserved. Flash forward to 2022 and a good portion of the project remains in limbo or has been cancelled, including a second phase of announcements which were anticipated to be made public at some point around right now, at least when the plan was formulated many years ago. While the originally envisioned festival pavilion was canned and Disney remains quiet on the Mary Poppins attraction for World Showcase, they have also been publicly ignoring the existence of the Play pavilion, an announced replacement for the former Wonders of Life in World Discovery (formerly Future World East). According to sources inside the company, that silence will remain through the D23 Expo 2022.

Sources also stated that “the pavilion has either been cancelled or severely scaled down.” The team that was working on it was reportedly moved to other projects and Disney executives then proceeded to remove it from any planned presentations at this weekend’s fan conference.

To be fair, I was never 100% enamored with this project, but I'd still rather they do something with it rather than let it continue to sit empty. Maybe they can get a better concept off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter