Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know who would ever eat at Hollywood & Vine as a repeat guest; their business must be exclusively new victims.

We ate there 3 years ago and still talk about how bad it was - the worst meal we’ve ever head at Disney - by far - TS or QS.

Bad food, cheap-looking interior, cramped layout, awkward encounters with characters because of the layout. Not a fan.

I’m glad this is fully reopened for those who like it, I guess!

We did it last august as pre fixe and it was so good! We have it booked for July which might be our last time there, sad it’s going back to buffet (though we never did the buffet).

We did it last august as pre fixe and it was so good! We have it booked for July which might be our last time there, sad it’s going back to buffet (though we never did the buffet).
I felt that way with Chef Mickey’s!!! We ate there, while still a buffet a few years ago, and had both breakfast and dinner on two separate occasions. Food was cold and unenjoyable both times. However, last year, we decided to try the family style, prior to characters returning. It was excellent! Food was hot, and not only did it come out quickly, but was replenished quickly! We were very impressed!

I don’t know who would ever eat at Hollywood & Vine as a repeat guest; their business must be exclusively new victims.

We ate there 3 years ago and still talk about how bad it was - the worst meal we’ve ever head at Disney - by far - TS or QS.

Bad food, cheap-looking interior, cramped layout, awkward encounters with characters because of the layout. Not a fan.

I’m glad this is fully reopened for those who like it, I guess!
Never been however have heard the food quality was better post reopening when it wasn’t a buffet so it will be interesting to hear how badly things decline
It's good to see some dining news/updates. Come on breakfast at Garden Grill and Crystal Palace and an Akershus reopening!
I second breakfast at GG as I’m considering splurging and trying for that of Topilino in November

Cast Members Restricting Access to Select Seating at Connections Eatery, Only Allowing Guests Who Have Food In Hand

The new quick-service restaurant at EPCOT is providing to be immensely popular with guests as not only a dining space but also as a lounging space. The problem is that it is so popular as a lounging space that guests with food in hand are having difficulty finding a spot to eat. Guests are either lounging or securing a table in advance of receiving their food, creating a lack of seating for guests who already have food.

To combat this, Disney Cast Members have been restricting access to one section of Connections Eatery to only allow guests with food in hand to enter. Other sections of the restaurant remain open, including the outdoor seating, but the layout of the section closest to the eastern windows provides the best ability to control access.

Cast Members Restricting Access to Select Seating at Connections Eatery, Only Allowing Guests Who Have Food In Hand

The new quick-service restaurant at EPCOT is providing to be immensely popular with guests as not only a dining space but also as a lounging space. The problem is that it is so popular as a lounging space that guests with food in hand are having difficulty finding a spot to eat. Guests are either lounging or securing a table in advance of receiving their food, creating a lack of seating for guests who already have food.

To combat this, Disney Cast Members have been restricting access to one section of Connections Eatery to only allow guests with food in hand to enter. Other sections of the restaurant remain open, including the outdoor seating, but the layout of the section closest to the eastern windows provides the best ability to control access.
Satu'li Canteen and ABC Commissary were doing this when I was there in May as well. It was so nice to be able to easily find a table rather than walk around the entire restaurant with a tray full of food in search of a table when every table was taken by people without food.

Satu'li Canteen and ABC Commissary were doing this when I was there in May as well. It was so nice to be able to easily find a table rather than walk around the entire restaurant with a tray full of food in search of a table when every table was taken by people without food.

Yes, I approve of that. When it's not so busy it's not as big of a deal, but these days it seems quite necessary. I can remember them doing it at Pecos Bill's sometimes.

I agree. When we were at Sleepy Hollow we had to wander around until our food was cold and there were people sitting at tables without food and others with coolers brought from outside. Kinda wish there was a separate picnic area for people who bring outside food so the tables nearest the quick service places could be for those guests.

Disneyland News:

RUMOR: Buzz Says ‘Space Mountain’ at Disneyland will be Replaced with ‘LIGHTYEAR’ Mountain as Part of Tomorrowland Overhaul

So, rumor has it that Space Mountain at Disneyland will be overhauled (not simply receiving an overlay like Hyperspace Mountain or Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy) to represent the “Lightyear” film as the centerpiece of the Tomorrowland overhaul that will be under construction for the next few years. This rumor seems somewhat confirmed by the clear presence of the structure in the film.

Yes, I approve of that. When it's not so busy it's not as big of a deal, but these days it seems quite necessary. I can remember them doing it at Pecos Bill's sometimes.
They didn't do it at Peco Bill's when I was there. At Satu'li especially I was happy they were doing it. That place is always packed and I liked not having to hunt for table when I had a tray full of bowls and 2 full to the brim beers. I blame it on these parks not having a lot of shady places to sit so people tend to camp out inside the quick service restaurants to cool off rather than to eat.

They were still doing it at Pecos Bills during both of our trips in Nov and December. They were not letting you in unless you showed them your mobile order, or if you said you were going to order at the register. I know this because I am obsessed with their nachos and am a frequent visitor during our MK visits 🫣 😂 I think it’s great, especially there! I did not enjoy waiting around waiting for a table, especially when there were people occupying them, with no food.

They didn't do it at Peco Bill's when I was there. At Satu'li especially I was happy they were doing it. That place is always packed and I liked not having to hunt for table when I had a tray full of bowls and 2 full to the brim beers. I blame it on these parks not having a lot of shady places to sit so people tend to camp out inside the quick service restaurants to cool off rather than to eat.

It's been a few years since I saw them doing it at Bill's, but they have. I think it's a "when necessary" type of thing. With things as crowded as they are, I am sure they need to be policing this m ore and more.

Disneyland News:

RUMOR: Buzz Says ‘Space Mountain’ at Disneyland will be Replaced with ‘LIGHTYEAR’ Mountain as Part of Tomorrowland Overhaul

So, rumor has it that Space Mountain at Disneyland will be overhauled (not simply receiving an overlay like Hyperspace Mountain or Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy) to represent the “Lightyear” film as the centerpiece of the Tomorrowland overhaul that will be under construction for the next few years. This rumor seems somewhat confirmed by the clear presence of the structure in the film.

I really don't think that structure inthe film is that similar. I'm not ruling out the rumor, but I think this is just some weird theory at this point.

I felt that way with Chef Mickey’s!!! We ate there, while still a buffet a few years ago, and had both breakfast and dinner on two separate occasions. Food was cold and unenjoyable both times. However, last year, we decided to try the family style, prior to characters returning. It was excellent! Food was hot, and not only did it come out quickly, but was replenished quickly! We were very impressed!
Same!!
We've only done breakfast since reopen and food and overall experience was a huge improvement. Hoping it stays that way!

I really don't think that structure inthe film is that similar. I'm not ruling out the rumor, but I think this is just some weird theory at this point.
I agree. If Disney wants to add in the new Lightyear film somewhere, they should do a retheme of Astro Blasters. I believe the original ride was made to promote Toy Story 2 as well as the Buzz TV show. It could do with some sort of update.

Disneyland News:

I'm not buying that rumor. Not for a movie that hasn't even been released yet.

Screen-Used Podracer Removed from Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

A podracer that Anakin Skywalker used in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menacehas been removed from the Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The area that used to house the screen-used podracer is now behind a themed, blocked-out window. Here’s a look.

star-wars-launch-bay-podracer-removed-1.jpg

Nearby, the screen-used speeder bike from Return of the Jedi remains on display.

star-wars-launch-bay-podracer-removed-3.jpg

We have kids and we skip most of them because I’m not paying that much for bad food.
You're not paying for the food there. You're paying for your kids interactions with the characters, and they joy it brings them. The food? Very few people care. It's just something to do while waiting for characters to come to your table.

I went a few times as a kid, and the best memories I had were interacting with Donald Duck and Goofy at one of these places. It was sheer joy for the 1-2 minutes I had. I still have those pictures. I don't remember what food I ate, it never mattered. The memories matter.

Sorry you can't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter