Disney Magic Kingdoms

I am surprised that the Up relic tokens have been dropping a fair amount. I have received enough tokens that both Paradise Falls and Carl's house have both been enchanted one time. I can enchant one of them a second time currently. Just haven't decided which one to do.
Wow, that's something! I noticed (at least for me) that the relics did not start dropping until I bought Carl's House, but I only need one more to upgrade that. So, that's pretty good. You guys are all tempting me regarding the season pass upgrade. I don't like spending $20 on a game, but I am putting months of work into this, so I am just a little tempted to indulge.

I don't like spending $20 on a game, but I am putting months of work into this, so I am just a little tempted to indulge.
I agree that spending $20 at once on a game does seem like a lot. But if you view this as a 3-month pass, then it is more around $7 per month you are spending. Ultimately each player has to determine the "worth" of purchasing this. I see the "worth" since I am getting bonus items for not really any extra effort (if any). I also view this as entertainment and I am paying for entertainment. I also went into this first Season Pass with a "try and buy" mentality. I just wanted to see how it all played out. Does this mean I will buy the next Season Pass? No clue until I know what is included.

Wow, that's something! I noticed (at least for me) that the relics did not start dropping until I bought Carl's House, but I only need one more to upgrade that. So, that's pretty good. You guys are all tempting me regarding the season pass upgrade. I don't like spending $20 on a game, but I am putting months of work into this, so I am just a little tempted to indulge.
I ended up spending the $20 as it gave me the character, I also noticed you get about 200 gems, which don’t seem to drop much any more as well as a number of tokens for him. Thought it made it worthwhile, for at least this three months. I will reevaluate each season to see if it is worth it.

I spent the $20 this one time, thinking I'd see how I like the game with the new focus. I can say that right now I don't really like it all that much, and I doubt I'll spend it again. I was curious I guess. I hate giving them money when they ruined the game, so I guess I have some regrets.

Does anyone have any guesses what level we may need Kevin at to help with Carl? I’ve hit the time wall and curious if I should level him up to 5 while I wait or if that is unnecessary and I should save my tokens.

Does anyone have any guesses what level we may need Kevin at to help with Carl? I’ve hit the time wall and curious if I should level him up to 5 while I wait or if that is unnecessary and I should save my tokens.
Do you mean Level 6? Didn't we have to Level Kevin to 5 to complete the last tasks? (I hit the time wall too, though I did use some speed passes because I was worried I was behind).

ETA: Sorry, I confused Kevin with the kid.

Last edited:
I currently have Kevin at Level 4, but ready to go to Level 5. In fact, all of my Up characters are ready to level up. Charles Muntz is at L3 and Russell is at L5 (which was needed to welcome Carl). I am waiting until I see what is needed to get Carl. Want to reduce any conflicts with tokens.

I don’t know, but I have also reached the time wall but I have Kevin at 5 already and holding now.

Always difficult to tell with these gem characters.

I can already tell that the drop rates for Carl are horrid.
I think they are all "legendary". I may jinx things, but I somehow already have 3 of each token. There are some conflicts with the gold trophy mini-event. I also did level up Carl's House to the 2nd level, so there is that.

I think they are all "legendary". I may jinx things, but I somehow already have 3 of each token. There are some conflicts with the gold trophy mini-event. I also did level up Carl's House to the 2nd level, so there is that.
I only have enough to do the first enchantment, which I haven't bothered to stop and do since I don't have the season pass dude.

But here again, is there really anything you need from the trophy event? Or does it make more sense to focus on the limited time character?

But here again, is there really anything you need from the trophy event? Or does it make more sense to focus on the limited time character?
I don’t kill myself on trophy events but I recognize that it will help me on Event Points toward that 15000 for the next character, then I can move on to level other guys in that group.

Last edited:
Yep, Carl is a money grab. I started collecting as soon as the time wall lifted. I have 2 and 1 items, and I didn't even sleep last night (not for the game, lol) so I kept playing. Big ugh.

Yep, Carl is a money grab. I started collecting as soon as the time wall lifted. I have 2 and 1 items, and I didn't even sleep last night (not for the game, lol) so I kept playing. Big ugh.
More and more, that seems to be the case. They used to release the character bundle closer to the end of the event. And the character used to be $9.99. Now you can grab him as soon as he is available, and for at least five dollars more. But then, I can see their rationale. For folks that haven't been paying as close attention to the game as they should and now they aren't up to welcoming the final character, it becomes a 'you snooze, you lose scenario'. Regular player's will get the character for free. Others will have to pay for him.

Last edited:

I feel your pain. I'm at 3 & 2 and I don't play at night.

More and more, thar seems to be the case. They used to release the character bundle closer to the end of the event. And the character used to be $9.99. Now you can grab him as soon as he is available, and for at least five dollars more. But then, I can see their rationale. For folks that haven't been paying as close attention to the game as they should and now they aren't up to welcoming the final character, it becomes a 'you snooze, you lose scenario'. Regular player's will get the character for free. Others will have to pay for him.
I am a regular player and I don't think I am going to end up with the character for free. And I am not going to be paying an inflated price for him. That's quite the price hike.

I am a regular player and I don't think I am going to end up with the character for free. And I am not going to be paying an inflated price for him. That's quite the price hike.
Wait until the end and see how close you get. Sometimes you can get them for a small number of gems (if you have most of what you need). I haven't needed to do this yet, but it's something that helps me not get worried about not getting the final character. I'm not going to pay the $14 for him either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter