Disney Magic Kingdoms

I have only gotten 1 ear hat and 1 of the glasses. The drops are ridiculous, and like the rest of you, I will not be spending money. I have a bit over 600 gems, and I was going to get Orville, but will wait and see now.

I don't know why and don't know how, but I have 6 glasses and 7 hats. Drops are still pathetic, for sure, and collecting should not be this hard.

I know drops have been bad in the past and I'm having the same issue with getting the last 20 ear hats for Owl (actually, I think Owl is worse...). At least I have enough event currency and more than enough Ellie Badges and a few more days to get there...

I thought it was going this direction... I am now at all 15 glasses, still have zero ears hats. I have everything going except level 2 of Carl's House, though will hopefully have that later today/tonight. This inconsistency and absurdity is making me even more firm in my absolute refusal to give them any money. I used to buy the concession stand each event (when they would produce event currency) and the first premium character of each event; I think that was a total of like $5 per event, which I was good with at that point in time. I stopped paying anything with the Dopey debacle, or whichever dwarf it was, and I just looked it up and was surprised that that event was already almost five years ago. It's a shame their tactics have only gotten (much much) worse. I assume I'll still get Carl, but curious if us free players will legitimately be able to get Dug, but I may be done with this game after this season regardless as it simply isn't fun anymore. Having to deal with these weekly tasks every Thursday is highly annoying, to me, but putting up with it for this season as I do want to see if it's possible to get Dug playing for free.

Wait until the end and see how close you get. Sometimes you can get them for a small number of gems (if you have most of what you need). I haven't needed to do this yet, but it's something that helps me not get worried about not getting the final character. I'm not going to pay the $14 for him either.
Unfortunately, I went bankrupt buying Kevin. So, I don't imagine that the few dozen gems I have been able to collect are going to help much in the end with Carl. Still working on collecting, so we shall see.

To get Dug, you just have to get to level 150 of the Season Pass. We still have over 42 days left to get there. So roughly half way through the three months. If you can average 50 levels a month, you should get Dug with no issue. Since we are half way through, you should be around level 75 or so. Charles Muntz is not helping to collect glasses or ear hats for Carl. Right now I don't foresee any issue in getting to level 150 since I am working on level 95 currently.

To get Dug, you just have to get to level 150 of the Season Pass. We still have over 42 days left to get there. So roughly half way through the three months. If you can average 50 levels a month, you should get Dug with no issue. Since we are half way through, you should be around level 75 or so. Charles Muntz is not helping to collect glasses or ear hats for Carl. Right now I don't foresee any issue in getting to level 150 since I am working on level 95 currently.
I play constantly, and I am only at level 72. Plus I am concerned that the happiness requirements are steadily increasing. So there's just no knowing if these weekly tasks are worth it.

I play constantly, and I am only at level 72. Plus I am concerned that the happiness requirements are steadily increasing. So there's just no knowing if these weekly tasks are worth it.

The weekly tasks have to be worth it because completing any of them increases the happiness which goes to moving through the tiers. Daily's matter too, even if they are a smaller amount.

Are you hopping through three or four tiers a day when you get further in the season? No, for sure. But every little bit helps.

I've only missed one Weekly Task since the beginning of the season and I'm working on tier 93 right now. I likely won't get to it until Wednesday or Thursday.

I think completing all of the Daily tasks and Weekly tasks helps. If you don't complete them every day/week, then I can see where this impacts the level one may be at currently.

I am currently working on Tier 90 and already finished this weeks tasks, so probably won’t level much more this week. It’s three in the afternoon and only have the parade task left for the daily, but we will see.

There is a post on Reddit, where someone calculated where you need to be, on each day. As of today, you need to be level 87 to be "on track" to get Dug.

As of today, you need to be level 87 to be "on track" to get Dug.
That probably takes into account that each of the Levels are not equal in how much happiness you need to complete it. I haven't paid much attention to the range of each level. I only noticed that it took more magic each level when we first started this season pass concept. I haven't paid that much attention to how much magic is needed at each level. As long as I continue to complete the daily and weekly tasks, then I should be on track. I am sure that completing all of the Event tasks helps as well. Once I welcome Carl, then I will have completed all the Event tasks.

I am on level 91, so hopefully on good track to get Dug. I have 3 and 3 on Carl. I honestly don’t know how some players get so many drops, and some don’t. I play all day, but not at night. Are night drops better? Seriously, at my age, my sleep is so much more important than drops. LOL
I still have quite a few characters to level up to 10, so I continue to get gems.
I’m retired, so my time spent on this game is my time and not my employers 😉

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong with the tasks. I have completed the daily tasks with the exception of probably 2 days when I was sick. That same week I probably failed to complete 1 weekly task. Something is not adding up. I have a headache disorder, so maybe I had other days that I didn't complete that I am not remembering. But it can't be very many.

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong with the tasks. I have completed the daily tasks with the exception of probably 2 days when I was sick. That same week I probably failed to complete 1 weekly task. Something is not adding up. I have a headache disorder, so maybe I had other days that I didn't complete that I am not remembering. But it can't be very many.
I don't know either. I'm at 88. The first week, I missed a single weekly task but it's been the only one, and only was worth like 250 happiness. To go up a tier at this point I need 475 so it's not like that 250 would have gotten me 3 additional tiers. Otherwise all the dailies, all the event ones except this "3 Up character." I got the happiness rewards for the mini events, I have all of this week's tasks done. I get it, if a person bought the Season Pass, because you get a 10% bonus. But otherwise I don't get the variation. There aren't that many wishes wandering the park.

EDIT to add: In the Carl sweepstakes and at the risk of jinxing myself. In my Windows game, I think I am on track. I have 8 glasses and 9 ear hats. IOS. *shakes head* on one hand, I am also doing okay. I have 13 glasses. But only 3 ear hats. Buying the ear hats take a lot of gems. Here at the end of day 3, I finally saw Kevin drop a hat in *either* game.

Last edited:

Did you complete the tower challenge and get all the happiness from mini-events? I really dislike the tappers and whatever else, so I only played to get to the happiness reward on the milestone board. Those helped quite a bit for me.

Out of all the characters I sent out before bed last night, I got one Carl ears hat and one glasses, bringing me to 8 and 9, respectively. The grind continues... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter