• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Happy new year all! I broke down and purchased the Merida bundle after getting 0 ear hat drops for her all day with four characters and attractions collecting for her and reading that there is another 12-round slog after welcoming her...it’s a little ridiculous, actually, because I feel like they’re saying that we can either get just Merida for free or Merida and her comfy outfit at a cost...ugh.
I might do that as well because after two days I'm only at 1/10 for both tokens. It's ridiculous that only one Brave character collects for her.

It's ridiculous that only one Brave character collects for her.
Non Brave characters can collect Merida tokens. Hamm and Woody plus Mickey Mouse and Goofy have joint tasks, respectively, to get Merida's Bow. Then Bunny can collect Merida's Ears Hat. Granted there is not a lot of non Brave characters collecting for Merida, but there are a few.

As a PP posted indicated, I agree that if you want both Merida and the comfy costume, you may have to spend money or possibly lots of gems for missing tokens.

Non Brave characters can collect Merida tokens. Hamm and Woody plus Mickey Mouse and Goofy have joint tasks, respectively, to get Merida's Bow. Then Bunny can collect Merida's Ears Hat. Granted there is not a lot of non Brave characters collecting for Merida, but there are a few.

As a PP posted indicated, I agree that if you want both Merida and the comfy costume, you may have to spend money or possibly lots of gems for missing tokens.
I know. My point is it's ridiculous that unless you have her dad and whatever lord purchased with gems and leveled up you only have one related character working on her. Her mother and the other stupid lord aren't useful in this case which for the event is ridiculous in my opinion

Well luckily they don’t conflict, per se, but at the moment I’ve just decided to focus on 2 characters collecting items for the king at the experience of using those two characters collecting bows for Merida. When I get another one or two of her hats to drop, I’ll go back to focusing on her bows.

The annoying thing is once again the game adds a coin character to the game but does something that makes them less useful. In this case the 3 rare ear hat jobs (4/8/8) also collect his uncommon Sporran. I really hate when they do that, but I guess it’s better than tNBC characters that hardly collect anything.

Sounds like a good plan for you right now. Strangely, we have the same strategy but they’re just completely the opposite if that makes sense. :rotfl: Once my drop rates for Merida hats get better, I’ll focus on her bows. Figure I have some breathing room since in 50% of the way done with her bows and only 10% on her hats.
Makes sense. With 5 days left I don’t think we need to worry yet. Either way I won’t be dropping any cash for Merida.

I have welcomed her. She then has a one hour quest, and a quest to defeat another 12 of those stupid fairy things opens at the same time (but oddly they are now called enchanted carvings). Once Merida finishes her 1 hour quest, another one opens up for which she must be level 2. No sign of the costume yet, but of course it is going to take forever to get through the 12 fairy things.

I have welcomed her. She then has a one hour quest, and a quest to defeat another 12 of those stupid fairy things opens at the same time (but oddly they are now called enchanted carvings). Once Merida finishes her 1 hour quest, another one opens up for which she must be level 2. No sign of the costume yet, but of course it is going to take forever to get through the 12 fairy things.

Congrats!

Still really struggled with my drop rates. Currently have 7 bows and 2 hats. Still trying to work on leveling the King in hopes that he will start helping with hats tomorrow. I just broke down and spent gems on the Ring of Stone and currently enhancing it. It’s far more useful than the gem characters that seem to be less and less useful and in some cases slow things down.

Right now I’m thinking this might be the last event actively participate in? Feel like my attention to them have really dropped and just feel like a chore or something to do out of habit. Case in point, me not realizing the King was available or that Ring of Stone give both her items. Also feels like there is less and less strategy involved with events and everything falls on drop rates which we have no real control over. Really a 🤬 system for events.

The drop rates for me for this event have been appallingly poor. And, after dropping $ on Merida, I feel vindicated because I have not collected a single ear hat for her in 24 hours with all of my characters (and the enchanted ring of stones) making the attempts.

I found the drop rates for the potions (for the fairy battle thing) and Merida's Bows really poor. Of course the drop rates of the latest of the main storyline (added owl, Pocahontas characters, Yzma, et al) have been horrendous, so they seem to be using that algorithm far and wide. And it is pretty frustrating.

well, I was down to 1 ear hat for Merida and then went 0 for the next two rounds of collecting, so decided to use gems for the last ear hat (was 30 gems) just to get her and move on to the next steps - didn't want to keep going through the "0 for" collecting

Did her 1 hour task and now need to get her to level 2 and surprise, I am struggling to get ear hats for her (need 2 of the bows and the ear hats, have both bows, no ear hats). But at least then could start on the enchanted carvings thing, which I have 4 done out of 12 - again, the potion bottle drops have been poor, but is what it is.

I'm still only at 4 Merida ears. This is brutal!

Same here! Finished collecting her bows last night and I was only using 1 character(s) to collect them. Used the other 2 characters that could collecting the Kings Hat instead. Currently at 7/10 hats need to level him to 5. So on a positive note I‘ll be able to go 0/4 instead of 0/3 soon. :rotfl:

Luckily, I couldn’t care less about her comfy costume, because I have no chance at that. Think I’ll focus on leveling my characters instead, once I welcome Merida.

Think this will be the first event that I won’t finish. It’s not due to lack of trying, but ridiculous drop rates.

Welcomed Merida working on the 12 Carvings. I have a feeling this is going to take a while.

I Welcomed Merida this morning now trying to collect tokens to get her to level 2 and the 12 Carvings, sitting at 3/12, but drops slow and with the added 4 hours to wait on their respawn. I stocked up on them last time to help figuring we would have to fight them again.

I'm still only at 4 Merida ears. This is brutal!

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. My fifth hat just dropped (almost 24 hours after the last hat dropped). The drop rates are very poor for me this time around. I don’t care about the comfy costume, so I refuse to spend real money or gems on the missing hats. I still have a few days, so as long as I get her, I won’t care if I don’t officially finish the event.

Hat drops continue to be bad after I bought the last to welcome Merida - gone "0 for" the last 3 rounds of collecting, still on 0/2 hats. Had the 2 bows for a while.

Hat drops continue to be bad after I bought the last to welcome Merida - gone "0 for" the last 3 rounds of collecting, still on 0/2 hats. Had the 2 bows for a while.
And she needs to be at 2 to do the second task, which I presume will open the pointless comfy costume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter