Disney Magic Kingdoms

I finished the fairy things or whatever they are and Elinor and Merida are on their 12 quest so I won’t be collecting fabric until tonight.
Gonna be a long, slow grind for us all. Only two characters and the dressing room can collect for the glitched fabric (1 @ 6hrs and 2 @ 8hrs), and four characters plus one attraction (which needs to be at 2 while we don't even have enough tokens to get it to 1) for the comfy fabric. For some reason, Merida has two tasks for fabric, and I'm guessing the 2hr task doesn't drop as often as the 4hr one does. Plus, two of the drops are possible every 12 hours. They really aren't making this game fun any longer, are they? Here's hoping that this semester's crop of interns is better.

On the plus side, my dressing room is at the 5th enchantment, so I've got a shot at 2 fabric every 8 hours instead of just 1.

Gonna be a long, slow grind for us all. Only two characters and the dressing room can collect for the glitched fabric (1 @ 6hrs and 2 @ 8hrs), and four characters plus one attraction (which needs to be at 2 while we don't even have enough tokens to get it to 1) for the comfy fabric. For some reason, Merida has two tasks for fabric, and I'm guessing the 2hr task doesn't drop as often as the 4hr one does. Plus, two of the drops are possible every 12 hours. They really aren't making this game fun any longer, are they? Here's hoping that this semester's crop of interns is better.

On the plus side, my dressing room is at the 5th enchantment, so I've got a shot at 2 fabric every 8 hours instead of just 1.

I think the 2hr tasks requires you having the premium attraction, the 4hr one does not. So if you have that attraction (the rings of stone or whatever) then no need to ever use the 4hr one

The fact 2 of the 4 tasks are 12 hour ones is a bit rediculous for a time event - especially with things being "legendary" chance to drop

What is the benefit of the comfy outfits? I generally don’t do well enough to get them.

not too much, just that you can send them to the dressing room and see like up to 8 characters visible in one attraction and then you can take a screen shot and send to gameloft I think

Occassionally one of the tapper events or other minievents will require the princess in the comfy outfit (I recall ones needed Pocahantas in her comfy outfit to get gold token or something - of course that is the one comfy outfit I don't have)

Mulan is the only comfy custom I don’t have and my dressing room is at 4th enchantment still short 4 tokens of going to 5th. I have been enchanting stuff to just stop seeing the markers over them flashing.

I've hit the part where I need to take care of the 12 things, and I've decided I don't care anymore. It took me most of a week to do them the first time, and that was with playing way more often than I normally do. I have all the characters I wanted, so I'm happy to stop here.

For fun I looked to see what the comfy costume would cost. I have 5 of her fabric pieces, so basically half, and all of the glitched ones (leftovers from another failed attempt last year I think) and it's still almost 500 gems. No thanks! :rotfl:

As for the Merida's 2 tasks, I explained them last night. I do think the 2 hour one must be somewhat successful or I wouldn't have as many pieces as I do.

I've hit the part where I need to take care of the 12 things, and I've decided I don't care anymore. It took me most of a week to do them the first time, and that was with playing way more often than I normally do. I have all the characters I wanted, so I'm happy to stop here.

Im currently at 7/12 but the stupid re-spawning of the carvings is slowing me down. I’m torn on the I don’t care anymore aspect. I definitely don’t care about the costume but I think this will be the first event I don’t finish and that parts kinda bugging me. If I took a few days off playing (I didn’t) than I’d be fine with it, but the fact that terrible drop rates, something I have NO control over, really annoys me.

Im currently at 7/12 but the stupid re-spawning of the carvings is slowing me down. I’m torn on the I don’t care anymore aspect. I definitely don’t care about the costume but I think this will be the first event I don’t finish and that parts kinda bugging me. If I took a few days off playing (I didn’t) than I’d be fine with it, but the fact that terrible drop rates, something I have NO control over, really annoys me.

I had terrible drop rates on the last event, so I feel for you. It was just so upsetting to play and not get the items. :( I hope your drop rate improves before this thing is over.

Still slogging at 7 of 12 enchanted wood things. No way I am going to get a comfy costume. Pretty sad really. THis event was murder. The mechanics were terribly thought out. And I had all the extras except the float.

Still slogging at 7 of 12 enchanted wood things. No way I am going to get a comfy costume. Pretty sad really. THis event was murder. The mechanics were terribly thought out. And I had all the extras except the float.

Looks like we’re at the exact same spot. Don’t think I should have a problem finishing them today, but the re-spawning issue might not let me?

Also have everything including the float. Didn’t get the king for a few days or the building the first day though. Agree that it’s the mechanics that are really messed up. EC isn’t an issue, like previous events, I have well over 60K right now. Drop rates are the problem and I’ve done everything I can to improve them constantly being ecstatic and at 99% most of the time.

24 hours into collecting the Comfy Merida Fabric and I'm at 2 out of 10. At this rate I should have enough fabric in only 4 more days. I did, however, somehow manage to reach the 2nd enchantment on the Ring of Stones and it's now ready to start dropping the fabric. So maybe it will only take 3.5 days to collect the remaining fabrics.

Those of you who haven't reached the comfy costume collection stage are not missing a single thing.

24 hours into collecting the Comfy Merida Fabric and I'm at 2 out of 10. At this rate I should have enough fabric in only 4 more days. I did, however, somehow manage to reach the 2nd enchantment on the Ring of Stones and it's now ready to start dropping the fabric. So maybe it will only take 3.5 days to collect the remaining fabrics.

Those of you who haven't reached the comfy costume collection stage are not missing a single thing.
All of which you're hoping to pull off in two days.

In the GameLoft forums, quite a few people are complaining about how non-existent the drop rate is for the fabric.

I really hate those people who go on a forum and just complain, how pathetic. 😉 On a serious note I’m trying to figure out if drop rates in general have been worse this event, or if it’s just been worse than usual for me? If fabric falls into that category, that’s makes 3 or 4 items this event with drop rates lower than they should be.

Actually thinking about item rarely I don’t think they’ve ever said what drop % each one should average, have they? Not that it matters since they play very fast and loose with them anyways.

Out of curiosity in general what rough numbers would you put in each rarity? Mine opinion varies, but today this is what I think drop rates should be:

Common - 90% +
Uncommon - 75% +
Rare - 40-49%
Epic - 20-25%
Legendary - 10-15%

Last edited:
Well, I just started to work on collecting her comfy outfit with less than 2 days left so it’s not going to happen.

Well, I just started to work on collecting her comfy outfit with less than 2 days left so it’s not going to happen.

Does the comfy costume start after you finish collecting the 12 items of is there some 12 hour quest after it that opens it up? The re-spawns for them are killing me!!! Currently at 11/12 and will soon have enough for 12 but stuck waiting 6 hours or spending 24 gems, which I would never do. 3 at a time and then 6 hours wait for more is ridiculous.

Does the comfy costume start after you finish collecting the 12 items of is there some 12 hour quest after it that opens it up? The re-spawns for them are killing me!!! Currently at 11/12 and will soon have enough for 12 but stuck waiting 6 hours or spending 24 gems, which I would never do. 3 at a time and then 6 hours wait for more is ridiculous.
There is a task with Merida and Elinor that requires Elinor to be at level 6 and is a 12-hour task.

The drop rates for this event would be almost amusing if they weren’t so frustrating! I’ve never had such a poor drop rate for days on end with multiple items.

Merida and Elinor are on their 12 hr task and will finish in the middle of the night, so I don't have any shot at the comfy costume. Not a big deal for me though. I am just going to focus on leveling the characters and gaining event currency for the gem conversion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter