Disney Magic Kingdoms

Side note...Hank is a pretty funny character. I don't really remember the movie, but his dialogue is pretty good. Did he get stepped on in the movie? I'm also enjoying Dory's messages. The one about the big yellow fish, after she took the sub there literally made me laugh out loud. Kinda makes me want to see the movie again.

I really liked Hank in the movie- it's why I didn't mind using my gems to purchase him. In the movie, he ends up in the touch tank in the kid's area. He does not like getting poked by children. 😄

Down to just 10 masks to go this morning. Everyone else is on their longest EC task. I know it’s not the highest pay out, but this way I check it every 2 hrs, collect and reassign Hank and move on.

If they lean into the enchantment system any heavier, it will make F2P play next to impossible. I’m not a fan of mechanics that require money, RNG luck or a combination of the two. Pay to win stuff should be a shortcut to make money off the impatient, not a requirement.

Down to just 10 masks to go this morning. Everyone else is on their longest EC task. I know it’s not the highest pay out, but this way I check it every 2 hrs, collect and reassign Hank and move on.

If they lean into the enchantment system any heavier, it will make F2P play next to impossible. I’m not a fan of mechanics that require money, RNG luck or a combination of the two. Pay to win stuff should be a shortcut to make money off the impatient, not a requirement.

I agree. I was hoping Gameloft would learn a lesson after the outcry from the Moana event, but they've made another that's literally impossible to complete without premium characters, and now, enchanted attractions- enchantments that are nearly impossible to do during the event without buying the items needed. I'm really disappointed they're continuing in this direction.

I agree. I was hoping Gameloft would learn a lesson after the outcry from the Moana event, but they've made another that's literally impossible to complete without premium characters, and now, enchanted attractions- enchantments that are nearly impossible to do during the event without buying the items needed. I'm really disappointed they're continuing in this direction.

I would agree that this event would not be possible if I had not used gems for the premium characters. At this point I am 22/30 for masks and 6/6 hats. I should finish today or first thing in morning depends on Hank. You can do this without Enchants and spending money but don’t think without Premium characters.

I've given up on getting marlin. I spent gems just to get Dory since it took me sooo long to even get close to finishing her. I didn't mind the events before but requesting over 30 tokens for a character on a time limit with horrible drop rates is just ridiculous. I was ahead until squirt came along. I'll go back to regular game content since there's like 10 million task to do for me.

At this point all the game does is pass the time away.

Yea, premiums were a requirement for this and enchanting was borderline. It would be one thing if there was a method to earn enchantment tokens and you could grind your way to them but relying on cash bundles and paid chest RNG is a dead end.

A rare bit of good news. I got Reflections of China out of a chest in my Windows game. Although, I barely have enough room in my park to put it. Got the Submarine Voyage in my Windows game, which was my "goal." I guess I'll only make it through the first round of battles by the time it ends. So definitely no Marlin.

In IOS, I am collecting for Marlin, but I'm not going to get enough tokens on my own. The current price is only 222 gems, and I assume that will drop a little by the time I welcome him, which I have. I don't want to oversleep, so I'll buy him tomorrow evening. And I think still have enough gems to buy Rex, who I have been trying to have enough gems to buy for about the last 4 months.

Then I have to evaluate where I am.

17 masks to go for Marlin. I should have time to get them all before the event ends, but I’ll have enough gems to get him if I run short of masks. Currently approaching 29k in ec, so I guess I’ll collect a few gems at the conversion, though not as many as in past events. Either way, the finish line is in view!

So I just noticed that Marlin's Welcoming time is 8 hours, not the usual "1 hour" that the final character is. Keep this in mind when getting ready to click the Welcome button, since characters have to be fully welcomed by the time the event ends.

Reddit says buying items skips the timer, so it may be worth buying the last token, instead of collecting it yourself. I'm sure rushing an 8 hr welcome would cost more gems than the single token.

So I just noticed that Marlin's Welcoming time is 8 hours, not the usual "1 hour" that the final character is. Keep this in mind when getting ready to click the Welcome button, since characters have to be fully welcomed by the time the event ends.

Reddit says buying items skips the timer, so it may be worth buying the last token, instead of collecting it yourself. I'm sure rushing an 8 hr welcome would cost more gems than the single token.

I looked when I was at 29/30 and if I remember correctly it was 48 or 49 gems to buy it then.

Once again an event that I won’t be able to complete. Just started trying to free Marlin, and it’s bs that one of the 3 characters is a premium character. While I love Bruce, I need to build up my gems since the lion king event. This game is such a money grab.

I finished Welcoming Marlin this morning. I must say I had may doubt several times during this event. I don’t like them pushing to pay to enchant buildings. Loss to the interns or whoever. But saying that for once the Premium characters were both useful. Yeah to the Interns. You could complete everything being a little more then casual, but it was not a second job, had to have gems to buy both character(so as to not spend money on them), and the drops were not bad but slower without the enchants but could be done. Was mildly challenging without freaking me out and getting last character at last minute. Overall not bad review from me but they need to remember this needs to be done without requiring us to spend money. My money going to my Hurricane supplies here in Florida.

Last edited:
Welcomed Marlin overnight, now to spend the next day getting as much EC as possible to start rebuilding my gem stash. Wonder if we’re ever going to get the chest slot rebate or just delay it in hopes everyone forgets.

Been unusually quiet especially Supernova. LOL
Spent a lovely four days up in Montreal. The drive to and from was peaceful and free of traffic. Back home and back on this dumb game. Two masks away from Marlin and ending this godawful event. Dreadfully boring.

I finished Welcoming Marlin this morning. I must say I had may doubt several times during this event. I don’t like them pushing to pay to enchant buildings. Loss to the interns or whoever. But saying that for once the Premium characters were both useful. Yeah to the Interns. You could complete everything being a little more then casual, but it was not a second job, had to have gems to buy both character(so as to not spend money on them), and the drops were not bad but slower without the enchants but could be done. Was mildly challenging without freaking me out and getting last character at last minute. Overall not bad review from me but they need to remember this needs to be done without requiring us to spend money. My money going to my Hurricane supplies here in Florida.

Congrats! I’m glad this event is working out for some. My experience has been the opposite. I used gems for both premium characters and the float. I’ve been playing regularly and am sitting on 40,000 EC. And yet I’m 14 masks away from Marlin with a little over 24 hours to go. Since I don’t plan to get up over night, I’ll probably come up 2-4 masks short so it shouldn’t cost many gems to buy the rest. Dory was the first character where I didn’t hit the character wall, I think due to bad drop rates for Squirt. Whereas premium characters used to be a near guarantee to comfortably finish an event, that no longer appears to be the case.

Congrats! I’m glad this event is working out for some. My experience has been the opposite. I used gems for both premium characters and the float. I’ve been playing regularly and am sitting on 40,000 EC. And yet I’m 14 masks away from Marlin with a little over 24 hours to go. Since I don’t plan to get up over night, I’ll probably come up 2-4 masks short so it shouldn’t cost many gems to buy the rest. Dory was the first character where I didn’t hit the character wall, I think due to bad drop rates for Squirt. Whereas premium characters used to be a near guarantee to comfortably finish an event, that no longer appears to be the case.

I am sorry you had issues. I also got with gems the premium characters and the float but did not have any particular issues getting the masks. I also don’t get up at night nor won any of the mini events lol. I was just lucky with my drops while I Hurricane watch.

Finally finished the second battle yesterday and have been working on Marlin's items for a bit over 24 hours now. I don't have Hank nor any buildings enchanted so not many tasks for me (only one 8 hour task for the mask so literally impossible for me to get all of those )

Just trying to get as many items as I can and then likely use gems to "buy" Marlin at the lowest cost I can

Is that true? I though you only had to start welcoming a character before the event ended - but if true, this is good to know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter