Disney Magic Kingdoms

Sorry to break the news to you that welcome Marlin doesn’t “officially” end the event. There are at-least 2 more quests, a 4 hour and 6 hour, for Merlin and Nemo. That said, I hear you about the final character collect is all I really care about.
You are clearly confusing me with someone who cares about anything beyond just collecting the characters. Got Marlin, boycotted the last couple of event tasks, and still got my gems. What the hell's the point of continuing on past the final character? None that I can see.

You are clearly confusing me with someone who cares about anything beyond just collecting the characters. Got Marlin, boycotted the last couple of event tasks, and still got my gems. What the hell's the point of continuing on past the final character? None that I can see.
Event quests provide a few extra EC for completing the quest does it not? That would be the only reason, but unless someone purchased the characters, chances are many people never get to complete the last few quests that are many hours long to finish the story line.

besides we all know the end of event message actually says "Don't forget to drink your ovaltine"

Character Stats: (just because)

Okay, so, IF I did my math right (I counted 3 times), there are 198 characters!!!!

For me, I have them all (this includes Merlin the Magician)

Merlin - Level 2 - (we need to start upgrading him beyond 2)
Mickey & Friends (9) - All Maxed
Duck Tales (4) - Scrooge - ready for 8
Huey - ready for 9
Dewey - ready for 8
Louie - ready for 7
Toy Story (13) - Ducky - ready for 10
Bunny - ready for 9
Forky - ready for 9
Everyone else Maxed
Cinderella (6) - All Maxed
Peter Pan (6) - All Maxed
Pirates of the Caribbean (6) - All Maxed
Monsters Inc. (6) - All Maxed
Wall-E (2) - All Maxed
Tangled (4) - All Maxed
Sleeping Beauty (5) - All Maxed
Zootopia (4) - All Maxed
Bambi (3) - All Maxed
Jungle Book (5) - All Maxed
Dumbo (3) - All Maxed
Incredibles (7) - All Maxed
Nightmare Before Christmas (5) - All Maxed
Frozen (6) - All Maxed
Mulan (4) - All Maxed
Beauty & the Beast (8) - All Maxed
Lion King (10) - Shenzi - ready for 6
Banzai - ready for 7
Ed - ready for 7
Everyone else Maxed
Aladdin (9) - Raja - ready for 7
Sultan - ready for 10
Everyone else Maxed
Alice in Wonderland (7) - All Maxed
Snow White (9) - All Maxed
Winnie the Pooh (8) - All Maxed
Lilo & Stitch (7) - All Maxed
Big Hero 6 (7) - All Maxed
The Little Mermaid (7) - All Maxed
Wreck It Ralph (7) - All Maxed
The Princess & the Frog (7) - All Maxed
Moana (7) - Sina - ready for 10
Moana - ready for 10
Hei Hei - collecting for 10
Gramma Tala - ready for 10
Pua - moving to 10 NOW
Everyone else Maxed
Finding Nemo (7) - Nemo - ready for 7
Marlin - collecting for 2
Dory - ready for 4
Hank - ready for 3
Crush - ready for 7
Squirt - ready for 5
Bruce - ready for 5

On a non related game note - if ANYONE (you reading this or someone you know) is IN THE PATH of Dorian, please know that I am praying for your safety. Also know that IF anyone wants to send money to a helpful organization go to.... padf.org (Pan American Development Foundation). Royal Caribbean (the cruise ship people) are working with them and doing a dollar for dollar donation for Dorian relief.

I had about 25000 and got 13-14 gems still seems about right. What’s different is less EP to convert to gems.
There was a HUGE difference in EC this time around. Every single event I've gotten over 80K for the full gem conversion except Moana when I played a little less and eked out about 78K. This time around I only ended up with 38K despite checking in every 2 hours at work and every hour at home. Really slimy move on their part to give away fewer gems.

There was a HUGE difference in EC this time around. Every single event I've gotten over 80K for the full gem conversion except Moana when I played a little less and eked out about 78K. This time around I only ended up with 38K despite checking in every 2 hours at work and every hour at home. Really slimy move on their part to give away fewer gems.

Felt the same way. I finished the entire event and all the quests, except side quests, but only ended up 12K EC this time. That said, there were a few days this event where I was really limited with how much I played, especially during the weekends.

Event quests provide a few extra EC for completing the quest does it not? That would be the only reSo I ason, but unless someone purchased the characters, chances are many people never get to complete the last few quests that are many hours long to finish the story line.

besides we all know the end of event message actually says "Don't forget to drink your ovaltine"
It seems that they are intentionally trying to make these events come down to the wire. I think someone posted earlier that there was a joint 12-hour task to complete the event? Seriously? No thank you.

As for event credit from event tasks, as the event started to wind down, I just sent everyone out on tasks that would complete by the end of the event. So I was still earning event credit without scrambling for the "required" storyline. Why bother blowing gems to unnecessarily speed up tasks for the sake of "completing"? Total waste.

It seems that they are intentionally trying to make these events come down to the wire. I think someone posted earlier that there was a joint 12-hour task to complete the event? Seriously? No thank you.

As for event credit from event tasks, as the event started to wind down, I just sent everyone out on tasks that would complete by the end of the event. So I was still earning event credit without scrambling for the "required" storyline. Why bother blowing gems to unnecessarily speed up tasks for the sake of "completing"? Total waste.

Um, that 12 hour joint task to complete the event netted me an extra 50 or 75 EC, so it was obvious worth it. :rotfl: Seriously though, 🤬 other than the obvious they don’t have to, why didn’t they give us 1K or 2K EC or a few gems for completing the event or some type of special event trophy? They truly think we’re idiots and maybe we are? That said, I didn’t realize there were that many quest required until later, or I would've stoped earlier. Once I realized the 12 hour quest was it, i decided why not?

Last edited:

Hey all, Been a WHILE....(I was that mad about Grumpy . . . still don't have him lol) I missed a few events and now was wondering about these chests with Aladdin characters in? I got the original 7 characters, but wasn't playing when Sultan or Raja became available. So, is it $10 for one roll to get either Raja or Sultan? That seems steep . . . Has anyone tried? What kind of odds am I looking at? (I may end up spending a few gems, but I don't have many)
It's the math.... if 240 gems cost $9.99, why wouldn't I buy 240 gems and then use those on the chests?
EDIT: Totally missed the x6 by the chest.... now I get it. Just odds I guess then!
Double Edit: Is this game still worth the time? The reason I opted out previously was because it was so time consuming...

Last edited:
Hey all, Been a WHILE....(I was that mad about Grumpy . . . still don't have him lol)
Double Edit: Is this game still worth the time? The reason I opted out previously was because it was so time consuming...
Whew, doozey of a question there considering we just ended an event with people complaining they didn’t have enough time to come close to finishing. Most, including myself, had to spend gems to get the final character. They have seriously stepped up the time commitment since the first Aladdin event.

☠ Ye be warned ☠

Hey all, Been a WHILE....(I was that mad about Grumpy . . . still don't have him lol) I missed a few events and now was wondering about these chests with Aladdin characters in? I got the original 7 characters, but wasn't playing when Sultan or Raja became available. So, is it $10 for one roll to get either Raja or Sultan? That seems steep . . . Has anyone tried? What kind of odds am I looking at? (I may end up spending a few gems, but I don't have many)
It's the math.... if 240 gems cost $9.99, why wouldn't I buy 240 gems and then use those on the chests?
EDIT: Totally missed the x6 by the chest.... now I get it. Just odds I guess then!
I didn't get sulatan during the tower challange because I couldn't justify purchasing him with Gems. Rajh so far has done bumpkiss and his leveling is literally taking forever. I don't have the cave of wonders either, maybe that's the problem. I did gem that stupid hyena, so there is that. As for me, $10 on the chance to get a character? Nah. I'm free to play. Hei Hei and The Pua Pig only had quests to earn Event currency, so they didn't provide THAT much of a difference, certainly not enough to cover their initial gem cost.

ah ok, I think the original question/comment used the phrase "gem conversion" - which was the same for this even as past one (2,000 EC = 1 gem). What was different htis time was the amount of EC generated during the event and thus the total number of gems you got at the end via conversion was much lower - but the "conversion rate" was the same

ah ok, I think the original question/comment used the phrase "gem conversion" - which was the same for this even as past one (2,000 EC = 1 gem). What was different htis time was the amount of EC generated during the event and thus the total number of gems you got at the end via conversion was much lower - but the "conversion rate" was the same
Yep that was me. I was dumb and forgot the conversion stayed the same but EC was harder to max out.

WOW, that’s an incredibly loaded question. Sadly there are a few idiots on this board who just come on here to 🤬 and complain (I really hate those people, 😉). Seriously though, if you quit the first time because the game was too time consuming, than I would run away from it as quickly as possible.It feel like everything they’ve done in the last 6 months requires us to play more, log in more often and get less in return.

WOW, that’s an incredibly loaded question. Sadly there are a few idiots on this board who just come on here to 🤬 and complain (I really hate those people, 😉). Seriously though, if you quit the first time because the game was too time consuming, than I would run away from it as quickly as possible.It feel like everything they’ve done in the last 6 months requires us to play more, log in more often and get less in return.
We can all complain as much as we want, guit playing if we want or continue to play and get what we can. Learn to play your way and continue to enjoy the game. You don’t have to do or try anything they add to the game. Play the way you always have and get what you can.

We can all complain as much as we want, guit playing if we want or continue to play and get what we can. Learn to play your way and continue to enjoy the game. You don’t have to do or try anything they add to the game. Play the way you always have and get what you can.

I thought it woulda been abundantly clear that my first few sentences were me taking shots at and mocking myself and not anyone else. I agree with everything thing you said, everyone should play whatever way works best for them. The only reason I told @FoSho7787 to run away from the game as quickly is possible is that they stated that the reason they stopped playing was because the game was to time consuming.

That's tough when I had EVERY character through Snow White.... then when I tried SOOOO hard to get Grumpy, and didn't.... literally spent tons of gems (and even probably $20 bucks)…. I just wish there was a way (however long it took) to just work your way to obtaining all the characters rather them being a time-sensitive thing. But alas, they'd probably make way less money that way. HA

That's tough when I had EVERY character through Snow White.... then when I tried SOOOO hard to get Grumpy, and didn't.... literally spent tons of gems (and even probably $20 bucks)…. I just wish there was a way (however long it took) to just work your way to obtaining all the characters rather them being a time-sensitive thing. But alas, they'd probably make way less money that way. HA
I just looked, and Pooh and Lilo came after Snow White? I have them too. And I think I even tried for Grumpy the next time he came around... Also, I had spent money elsewhere on getting the gem only characters from all the events... they should really keep track of who is actually spending money... give them a break lol

WHO IS READY FOR A MAGICAL CHEST TODAY AND A VERY SPECIAL LIVE STREAM!

Things we should find out
1. That they forgot about the pedestal gem reimbursement, have some magic instead.
2. They'll square off the land in tomorrowland but somehow make the actual usable space smaller.
3. SuperNova will be briefly seen in the background bringing coffee to the hosts who probably have never been to a Disney Park.
4. When the next event will be.
5. Another rebalancing of character tokens, now 150 to level up to 10.

WHO IS READY FOR A MAGICAL CHEST TODAY AND A VERY SPECIAL LIVE STREAM!

Things we should find out
1. That they forgot about the pedestal gem reimbursement, have some magic instead.
2. They'll square off the land in tomorrowland but somehow make the actual usable space smaller.
3. SuperNova will be briefly seen in the background bringing coffee to the hosts who probably have never been to a Disney Park.
4. When the next event will be.
5. Another rebalancing of character tokens, now 150 to level up to 10.

I am fearful of #2, that they just add to where they gaps were so now there is less land, vs more .... and either way they have to remove all the buildings you have in there so you have to redo the whole area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter