Disney Magic Kingdoms

At the risk of saying something positive, the interns really have nicely streamlined setting up for each new tower challenge. Before, if all characters were not taken out of home, any character(s) you selected would automatically become un-selected as you went back into the storybook screens. You basically had to have everyone out of home before you could set them up. Now even bringing them back from home is a simple one-click, without going back into the storybook. Maybe this new crop of interns for Fall 2018 is our ticket to a better game experience!

So for those who are using this game on Windows PC, that downloaded it through the Microsoft Game Store, how do you uninstall it? There are NO program files for this game anywhere on my computer, so I have no way of uninstalling it.

Click the Windows Icon in the bottom left corner

When it brings up a list of Program Files, find Disney Magic Kingdoms (under D or it might show up in your Most Used)

Right Click on the name

Select Uninstall

At the risk of saying something positive, the interns really have nicely streamlined setting up for each new tower challenge. Before, if all characters were not taken out of home, any character(s) you selected would automatically become un-selected as you went back into the storybook screens. You basically had to have everyone out of home before you could set them up. Now even bringing them back from home is a simple one-click, without going back into the storybook. Maybe this new crop of interns for Fall 2018 is our ticket to a better game experience!

I really hated this because sometimes I wouldn’t notice the characters were unchecked and then send out fewer characters accidentally. I am really glad they fixed it.

I also like the little EC symbol in the top right corner for characters that can be used in the battle. I only send them on 2 hr tasks or less so make sure they’re available.

My one complaint is that there is almost too much to juggle! Trying to level up BH6, PoTC, and welcome Barbossa and John Darling. For those of us who are only collecting for Christopher Robin it’s nice to keep busy but I feel so scattered.

I really hated this because sometimes I wouldn’t notice the characters were unchecked and then send out fewer characters accidentally. I am really glad they fixed it.

I also like the little EC symbol in the top right corner for characters that can be used in the battle. I only send them on 2 hr tasks or less so make sure they’re available.

My one complaint is that there is almost too much to juggle! Trying to level up BH6, PoTC, and welcome Barbossa and John Darling. For those of us who are only collecting for Christopher Robin it’s nice to keep busy but I feel so scattered.
It's almost nice to have something to do in the game again, albeit it a bit to much.

Ok such a newbie question — Is there a list somewhere of what attractions I should have out? I’m not sure if there’s a list of what collects EC (of if the cursing is random).

So has anyone settled on an overall strategy yet?

Trying to prioritize Dark Tower Stuff, but I'm also still trying to finish Bambi and Jack-Jack (plus Peter Pan in Windows). BH6 characters are all doing nothing but going for microbots. I'm basically using the buildings and random other characters that collect tokens for them work on the tokens. I figure if I ever have enough microbots to upgrade someone but no one is ready that I can temporarily send some people to finish whoever is closest to having the rest of their tokens. For Pirates, I am alternating between sending Will & Elizabeth on pirate flags and Barbossa's hat. The Pirate costumes are only being worked on if the character has no other choice.

I'm almost afraid to ask about the rarity of John's tokens given how much of a PITA Wendy and Peter are.

Trying to prioritize Dark Tower Stuff, but I'm also still trying to finish Bambi and Jack-Jack (plus Peter Pan in Windows). BH6 characters are all doing nothing but going for microbots. I'm basically using the buildings and random other characters that collect tokens for them work on the tokens. I figure if I ever have enough microbots to upgrade someone but no one is ready that I can temporarily send some people to finish whoever is closest to having the rest of their tokens. For Pirates, I am alternating between sending Will & Elizabeth on pirate flags and Barbossa's hat. The Pirate costumes are only being worked on if the character has no other choice.

I'm almost afraid to ask about the rarity of John's tokens given how much of a PITA Wendy and Peter are.

For me - it's Tower Challenge First - whomever is available after that, then they get sent out for tokens, because everyone else is PERMANENT, so we don't have to rush anything. I agree about the tokens for John taking a long time, but that is okay by me. I also LOVE that you said PITA! I don't know too many others who say that word. Thank you for the smile.

The tower challenge is top priority. Any characters that can go to the tower only collect tokens if it’s two hours or less, it’s just easier to remember. Next is collecting for Barbossa and John Darling. Then leveling everyone else, mostly BH6, Bambi, and now PP and PoTC.

How far in the game do you need to be to trigger the pirates tasks? I am collecting tokens for existing PotC characters and doing the Tower challenge. But no new tasks and nothing for Barbossa.

How far in the game do you need to be to trigger the pirates tasks? I am collecting tokens for existing PotC characters and doing the Tower challenge. But no new tasks and nothing for Barbossa.

This next round started with an 8hr Joint Task with Will & Elizabeth. Most us had them stuck at level 6, but I don't know which level each of them needs to be at to start that task. If you didn't get it, then I assume it will pop up once you get them high enough and otherwise complete the Pirate task line. Just keep focusing on upgrading and completing any Pirate tasks you may have. Once the joint task finishes, then you get the prompt to Welcome Barbossa.

IMHO it feels like too much all at one.

It's almost nice to have something to do in the game again, albeit it a bit to much.

Yep.

I'm working on C. Robin as my top priority, but not sure I'll even be able to play part 3 of the challenge. :sad2:
And my BH6 people are only going for microbots - that should keep them busy for at least a week at this rate.
Next up is Barbossa and John, not sure which order TBH.

Don't know if this will help anyone or not, but here's my "strategy" for the Tower Challenge.

I first went to find out who is participating. So for the next several days, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Rex, Woody, Buzz, Toy Alien, Prince Charming (his name is really Christopher), Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Chip (BatB), Belle, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, and then Beast is the one who doesn't tire out.

Once I had those set, the remaining characters that were not doing the challenge, went on 2 hour tasks, so that they are always ready.

Then I went to find out who was collecting refreshments - Davy Jones (two hour task), Jessie, Kanga & Roo, Tinkerbell (4 hour tasks, Kanga & Roo is a joint task), Snow White (6 hour task).

Whatever characters are left over, IF they collect tokens, then I send them off for that. If they don't, then I send them on the longest task possible, so you build up magic along the way. In several days I will take the dwarfs off their 24 hour tasks and rearrange where necessary.

I've done 3 rounds now, I've got about 2606 Maleficent Coins, so I'm half way to collecting all 25 of the first item, so that's promising. Happy playing to all!!!!!

Okay guys, now that we have the new lands open, where do you think each character sets belong in terms of what makes sense for organizing? I'm sure everyone has different opinions so I would like to hear them! When I reorganize, I will post my layout again!
Please do. I think I'm still using your last floorplan. But I had to store 3 Stitch buildings to make room for Baymax. Still on my 24 hrs for new land.

Umm what is it? I clicked past too fast lol

So once you get points then you rank on the board. I'm not knocking myself out for it though. People must be using gems to get them so far ahead on the leaderboard. It's very odd in my opinion, but I'm just working to get the tokens for Christopher Robin. I don't even care about ranking on the board. Whatever I get, I get.

As @AJGolden said, it is based on the points you accumulate through the tower challenge battles. You earn EC and points. Your leaderboard status is based on the points alone.

I started at 51st place and am now down to 88th with 4419 points. Top person has 11,000+.

I don’t know how some have so many points, either. I also cannot imagine spending gems to speed it up to win 2 refresher tokens and a hat stand for which there won’t be room to place in the kingdom.:confused3 Crazy!

This next round started with an 8hr Joint Task with Will & Elizabeth. Most us had them stuck at level 6, but I don't know which level each of them needs to be at to start that task. If you didn't get it, then I assume it will pop up once you get them high enough and otherwise complete the Pirate task line. Just keep focusing on upgrading and completing any Pirate tasks you may have. Once the joint task finishes, then you get the prompt to Welcome Barbossa.
Hmmm, I never got this 8 hour task either. Will and Elizabeth were both maxed out at 6 and I’m currently collecting tokens for level 7 for both but I don’t have a quest for them. To unlock Barbossa, it says I need to complete more pirates tasks...but I don’t have any?? Do they have to be at level 7 to trigger it?

As @AJGolden said, it is based on the points you accumulate through the tower challenge battles. You earn EC and points. Your leaderboard status is based on the points alone.

I started at 51st place and am now down to 88th with **** points. Top person has 11,000+.

I don’t know how some have so many points, either. I also cannot imagine spending gems to speed it up to win 2 refresher tokens and a hat stand for which there won’t be room to place in the kingdom.:confused3 Crazy!

The top person on my group has over 20k points with 2nd place being over 15k. Then it falls off quickly. How they got so many points that quickly is strange. I am so far done the list, just glad I only need Beast and Christoper Robin LOL. I started after Beauty and the Beast. The rewards are just not worth spending gems over.

Hmmm, I never got this 8 hour task either. Will and Elizabeth were both maxed out at 6 and I’m currently collecting tokens for level 7 for both but I don’t have a quest for them. To unlock Barbossa, it says I need to complete more pirates tasks...but I don’t have any?? Do they have to be at level 7 to trigger it?

I don’t believe they need to be seven. Mine were maxed out at the old level and I got the 8 hour quest when the event started. Did Bambi have to be started for this door or the door by the Shera Khan fight? I have Bambi. Maybe that is it.

I don’t believe they need to be seven. Mine were maxed out at the old level and I got the 8 hour quest when the event started. Did Bambi have to be started for this door or the door by the Shera Khan fight? I have Bambi. Maybe that is it.

I think that might be it. I'm welcoming Bambi now, so I should know in the morning. I currently have all the pirates at level 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter