Disney Magic Kingdoms

I also only got the resource chest and not the sapphire chest...
I got the sapphire chest the next day- not as a daily reward- it just popped up. Seems like they are rolling out slowly for some reason. Once you get your chest, you’ll have the option to buy more (if you like lottery odds)

There's a glitch with the sapphire chests. I never got one but can buy one for 100 gems if I really want it. Gameloft admitted that not everyone got their "gift"

In other news - the collecting 8 hour items to collect posters is annoying.

well, hit a time wall for the next character so I guess just working on getting items for the poster for the next two days - at least something to do

I will say with the longer duration for these tasks I am feeling like I don't need to check into the game as often as with other events so overall I haven't found it that bad. Probably helps that I do really like Coco the movie

yeah I still have only my first one! Don’t see any coming soon.

My games are a tale of two games. In IOS, things have been going well. Since I had reached the point of the posters before we got the Radiant Chests, I got several items that way and so I'm already up to 8 posters and I have baskets for 2 more. My drops have been regular, it's just the time between collections.

In Windows, I wasn't at the point of posters, so I didn't get any extra items. I had to upgrade Miguel to 5 to proceed with the quests, so now his items conflict with the poster items. I only have 1 single basket after 15 hours.

Those posters are taking forever, I don't care for this at all. Hate that pretty much all the characters you can send out to collect have 6+ hours tasks.
Completely agree! Even though I’m doing fine with posters, 6/16, it just feel like a chore right now. I‘d like to level up a Coco character or two, since I’m close to 200 piñatas, but don’t want to risk creating a conflict that will slow down collecting posters. Also, trying to get as many posters collected as possible, before we can start collecting for Abuelita, or is she premium (?), because I’m guessing the chances of conflicts between the two will be high.

Oh Gameloft....thank you so much for ruining the “advantage” of having Mama Coco for her help of a shorter poster collection when it takes her 10 minutes to get from point A to point B. I’ll stick to the 2 minute collections.
Once I had a fairly close poster for slow Mama Coco to get. Unfortunately, the parade was in her way so she circled the whole park. Her ‘36 seconds’ took 6 minutes!

Typically if you hard exit out of the game and restart, you don't need to wait for slow characters to traipse across the board; they'll magically transport to where they need to be. That's generally much quicker than the alternative of waiting 2 minutes for the other characters for me.

Calling it quits on the event after I get Imelda, which should be today or tomorrow. Don’t want to dedicate the time it would take to finish out Hector.

I was well ahead of the time walls we’ve hit so far but these posters are about to ruin that. It’s bad enough the tasks are so long but to then not get something each time is extremely annoying.

12 posters down, three to go.

I’m at the exact same spot EXCEPT were both technically at 13/16. The character needs 16 posters, but the collect posters screen shows 15. Technically I guess 15 is correct for the spirits collection aspect, because we were given the first on a separate quest, but still is kinda strange they do it this way.

I’m at the exact same spot EXCEPT were both technically at 13/16. The character needs 16 posters, but the collect posters screen shows 15. Technically I guess 15 is correct for the spirits collection aspect, because we were given the first on a separate quest, but still is kinda strange they do it this way.
Agreed. When I first clicked on it and saw that I had 13, I had to stop and think.

You are both lucky. I am still at 5.

I have all 15/16 posters in my IOS game. I have the stuff for the last one, but I have been building up my "stash" for the next time we have a mini event for an attraction or something. So in the morning, I will send someone to do the poster, collect from the people doing tasks, so that hopefully they will drop the items I just used to max out.

In Windows, I still need 9 more.

It always used to be in events, there was a time where you could "catch up." Now they've added so much to do, that each section just doubles down on the pain from being behind at the start. And, oh, yeah, I head to my Dad's house in Florida on Tuesday, so that will limit my ability to collect whatever, or work on tasks to unlock Hector's final item, if I have managed to get Abuelita by then.

I have all 15/16 posters in my IOS game. I have the stuff for the last one, but I have been building up my "stash" for the next time we have a mini event for an attraction or something. So in the morning, I will send someone to do the poster, collect from the people doing tasks, so that hopefully they will drop the items I just used to max out.

In Windows, I still need 9 more.

It always used to be in events, there was a time where you could "catch up." Now they've added so much to do, that each section just doubles down on the pain from being behind at the start. And, oh, yeah, I head to my Dad's house in Florida on Tuesday, so that will limit my ability to collect whatever, or work on tasks to unlock Hector's final item, if I have managed to get Abuelita by then.

Stashing some away is a good idea. To bad I collected my final poster an hour ago. That said it is nice being done collecting them.

It feels like so much of what they’ve done for close to a year now is is to make you log in more and do more just to accomplish what you could do a year ago in less time. I think most of us would prefer being able to do things in less time or less often.

In general it just feels like events have become stale and a chore. I really miss the days when we use to look forward to them and get excite. Based on the continual decline in post here during events it looks like not the only one. Since we know they will not reduce the number of events they have, they really have to think about changing them. Not really sure what they could do to improve them, but I would start at cutting the time for them considerably. 25 Days is just to long.

ugh, I needed 3 more posters and this cycle of collecting only went 2/3 for baskets so now need to wait another 6 hours just to get one more basket to get the last poster

oh well - almost done with the time wall to work on next character and building at least

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter