Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to buy some Visa gc with this, but it seems the stores near me no longer sell them.

Hmm, not sure if mine sells them either, I wonder if I could load $300 on one card :rolleyes:
That would certainly be worth doing since I would only have one fee.

Check the fine print on that. I heard recently of a thing where you buy a gift card at WDW then get a separate 10.00 one and that the separate one is only good on certain days or something along those lines. In other words, it wasn't just a 10% bonus. It was a ploy to make sure you came back to the park at a certain other time.

They had a deal during Food & Wine for passholders. Buy a $100 giftcard and then you could redeem for a $10 electronic giftcard valid for specific restaurants only. (I used mine at Rose & Crown)

Target Shoppers

Target: Spend $50+ On 11/29 & Get 20% Off A Future Shopping Trip, 12/3-12/14

LINK

This is on topic. If you normally spend money at Target whether it's groceries, furniture clothing and or household items saving 20% off your items is 20% more you can add to a Disney GC. 20% is not something to scoff at!

Amazon

Amazon Prime Membership: $40 Discount for Veteran’s & Active Military (New or Existing Prime Members)
Amazon is offering a $40 discount on Amazon Prime for veterans and active military. Cost will be $79 instead of $119. Valid for new Prime members and for existing Prime members. Available November 6 – November 11

My hubby did this last night AND he also deleted his Discover card in the process. :thumbsup2
LINK

Success! I was able to use the new Happy Holidays card at Lowe's to buy a DGC. The Lowe's I went to didn't have self check so I didn't try that. But the cashier rang it up, I waited until the console was ready, swiped and was done. Yay! I'm going to be ordering more from my Chase Rewards while they are 10% off.

Quick question...

How long do the RMN purchases from ShopDisney stay pending? I ask because I plan to take funds from my DVC dues account to buy a gift card (probably $400) in order to receive the $48 rebate. Then, I'll use the $48 and put it towards buying the rest of my gift cards at Target for 5% off when that rebate arrives. The thing is, I will need it by the middle of January. IIRC, it takes about a month, right? I should be OK, assuming it credits. I know that it is hit or miss and it may not credit at all.

I did this deal:
purchase Walmart GC from walmart.com for 5% cashback on Discover
use the Walmart GC to purchase 4% discounted Disney GC at Sam's
going thru RMN with 4% cash back at Sam's.
Works out to 12.5% off

But it looks like I am not getting the 5% back from Discover. I don't see where gift cards are excluded. Or else it takes awhile to update the "You've earned $XX cash back so far this quarter." Anyone have any insight?

I tried doing this the other day, but kept having issues with security alerts. The transaction wouldn't go through. Even got calls from Discover and told them is wasn't fraud, so they said to try again, but it still wouldn't work. Ugh.

Target Shoppers

Target: Spend $50+ On 11/29 & Get 20% Off A Future Shopping Trip, 12/3-12/14

LINK

This is on topic. If you normally spend money at Target whether it's groceries, furniture clothing and or household items saving 20% off your items is 20% more you can add to a Disney GC. 20% is not something to scoff at!

However, it does state: "20% can’t be used on gift cards."
That being said, I'll still take advantage of the offer, and wait and see if someone finds out if it works on Disney gift cards.

However, it does state: "20% can’t be used on gift cards."
That being said, I'll still take advantage of the offer, and wait and see if someone finds out if it works on Disney gift cards.

It most likely will not work on Disney gift cards hence the savings from buying items you need/want is the savings that can be added into buying a Disney Gift Card,

Success! I was able to use the new Happy Holidays card at Lowe's to buy a DGC. The Lowe's I went to didn't have self check so I didn't try that. But the cashier rang it up, I waited until the console was ready, swiped and was done. Yay! I'm going to be ordering more from my Chase Rewards while they are 10% off.
I saw this the other day and wondered if Lowe's would work like HD does. Good to know! I have some offers on amex for happy cards, think I'll pull the trigger with the happy holidays card. Lowe's is more convenient to me than HD.

Thank you for the vet discount link! Very easy to complete. :D
I saw this the other day and wondered if Lowe's would work like HD does. Good to know! I have some offers on amex for happy cards, think I'll pull the trigger with the happy holidays card. Lowe's is more convenient to me than HD.

Plus if you're buying merchandise you still get 10% Military Discount when using a gift card. ::yes::

LL Bean is really good with Military Discounts too. Mine is tied to my cell #.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter