• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had luck with the Office Depot/Office Max RMN $10 off a $50 purchase by buying a Disney gc? It's an "in store" offer.

Has anyone had luck with the Office Depot/Office Max RMN $10 off a $50 purchase by buying a Disney gc? It's an "in store" offer.
You can’t get anything “off” any gift card from anywhere unless they’re offering a discount.

I posted this question a few weeks ago. General consensus was that it wouldn't track at OM/OD. I never tried it, but I'm still tempted to try it.

I posted this question a few weeks ago. General consensus was that it wouldn't track at OM/OD. I never tried it, but I'm still tempted to try it.

I think yall are talking about 2 different things. OD/OM probably won’t track through RMN online cause they send you to another site for the actual gc purchase.

I think @ksromack is referring to the in store coupon. But I don’t think that will work either cause coupons don’t tend to work on gc’s. In store CASH BACK is what to look for. No good ones lately.

I think yall are talking about 2 different things. OD/OM probably won’t track through RMN online cause they send you to another site for the actual gc purchase.

I think @ksromack is referring to the in store coupon. But I don’t think that will work either cause coupons don’t tend to work on gc’s. In store CASH BACK is what to look for. No good ones lately.

Yep, I missed that it was a coupon! I thought we were talking about cash back.

Putting my Amex and Chase 1099 MISCs into TurboTax and watching that refund number drop was physically painful. And I had a realization after: the government shutdown ended Jan 25. Who wants to bet after all that time to ponder their job some IRS agent decided 1/26 was the best day ever to throw “where are the 1099 MISCs for these referrals again?” at some unsuspecting Big Bank Accountant?
Oh no. I had not even thought of that! They give you a 1099 for any money you make from referrals but not spend xxx get xxx back as a credit?

Made one last run to Kroger last night. On Saturday neither DH or I had issues buying a $500 Disney GC at self checkout with our credit cards. Last night we bought one more $500 card. I tried to swipe a Visa GC with 35 cents on it (partly to see, partly to use it up anyways) and it prompted a cashier to come enter my DL number. I'm in the Denver Metro. I have a Kroger GC with $2ish on it, I'll probably try to use it on my next grocery run to see what happens.

I've been sticking with Kroger 4x promos for getting our gift cards, but it looks like I'm going to have to start looking at other avenues. House is hopefully going to be going up for sale soon and we planned on replacing the carpet before putting it on the market. We finally decided to go with Home Depot this weekend since they were offering free install and they were 10 times more helpful than our Lowe's. I swung by our Kroger yesterday and got a good chunk of what we need for carpet within the amount of points I think we'll use with the 4x coupon, but now I have to figure out how to get a discount on the rest of what we need for carpet, plus any Disney card deals since the plan is for us to move closer.

Oh no. I had not even thought of that! They give you a 1099 for any money you make from referrals but not spend xxx get xxx back as a credit?

Sorry to concern you, I meant to post that in the cc thread :)

Yes. Money/points you make for spend this get that is considered a rebate and not taxable- like offers and credit card sign up bonuses. Money/points for referring a friend to a credit card is apparently taxable income and this year, for the first time, all the banks sent out 1099s. These generally only went out if you had $600 or more in value. It was quite a shock to my system when those came! Claiming Marriott points are worth $.01/point and not allowing me to cash them out or sell them and expiring them after 18 months?! We are all unhappy campers in the cc game over this but it is what it is.

Just to double check... the $10 off $125 RMN has been working for VGCs from Staples, right? I'm thinking I'll order a $200 VGC from them through RMN and then take it to Best Buy to purchase Disney GCs. Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

How much did you buy? I have that Lowe's Amex offer on 4 different cards and haven't really used it yet. My cruise is almost paid for though. Hmmm . . .

I only have 2 Am Ex cc's (HH & Costco) and none have the Lowe's offer! :mad: I do see Walmart & Sam's Spend $50 get $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter