• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for the Business Am. X card? I believe these promotions are for that specific card, which I don't own. I did look however and nope, not there.

Yes, it was on our Business Amex (2 business Lowe's cards and both DH and I have a SPG business). There is also a 10% Exxon Mobile and Lowe's. Those will go to good use without buying gift cards :)

For those who shop at shop and stop, they have an offer of $15 off your next shopping order before 6/25 if you purchase $100 of gift cards (except, for visa, mastercard, and their own gift card)

Where are you seeing this? Is it for this week or coming up? I was all excited for this deal, but my local flyer for this week only shows Uber ($5 back on $25), Air BnB ($10 back on $50), and one other thing that holds no interest for me. I might get an Uber or two because I'm not sure I want to deal with Disney transportation for our Typhoon Lagoon trip, but was really hoping to score a Disney gift card or two.

Yes, you can still use the rewards on the gift cards, I just did it about a week ago and plan on heading in with some more in the next few days!
I have $50 right now and I'm itching to redeem them, but I also want to make sure that I can redeem for the most rewards possible before we leave in October. I think I will make sure that I keep at least $25 in my "account" because that is the smallest gift card I could buy. As long as I have at least $25, I am OK. I like to "hoard" my rewards, but I know I shouldn't because they could change their policy at any time and leave me hanging.

Anyone here have the Staples 10% offer on their Amex cards. If so, did you get your statement credit by purchasing GC online. I see on the Lowe's offer it says not good on electronic gift cards (or something to the effect). I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger, I got used to saving more in 15-20% range. Doing this, would just be 10% plus the value of my Starpoints. Would be great if they sold Walmart or Sam's GCs, but I didn't see any of those. Hmm...
Yes, I also bought a $50 gift card from Staples online and the 10% credited a few days later. I know, Walmart would be AMAZING! Oh well.

I know the policy with using Best Buy gc’s for Disney gc’s changed, but has anyone checked if BB reward dollars still apply to Disney gc’s?
Yes, if the rep says no you can't do that come back another time of day and try. The system will let you I've done it multiple times in the last couple weeks.

Has anyone seen SB 500 BB bonuses post in the last few days? I've gotten used to this new 2 day bonus posting and am getting a wee bit nervous since my Thurs purchase tracked on Sat and my Sat purchase tracked on Mon but no 500 bonuses have posted yet...

Has anyone seen SB 500 BB bonuses post in the last few days? I've gotten used to this new 2 day bonus posting and am getting a wee bit nervous since my Thurs purchase tracked on Sat and my Sat purchase tracked on Mon but no 500 bonuses have posted yet...

I have a Friday purchase that tracked (got the email) on Sunday. I figured I'd see the 500 on Monday but haven't gotten it yet.

The last BB purchase I had was last week Sunday. I made the purchase Sunday, the Shop credit posted Tuesday and the bonus posted Thursday. The bonus posted late in the afternoon too, like around 3-4pm, IIRC.

I have a Friday purchase that tracked (got the email) on Sunday. I figured I'd see the 500 on Monday but haven't gotten it yet.

The last BB purchase I had was last week Sunday. I made the purchase Sunday, the Shop credit posted Tuesday and the bonus posted Thursday. The bonus posted late in the afternoon too, like around 3-4pm, IIRC.
Thanks for the DPs! Feeling better :) sounds like they just haven't processed bonuses since Thurs.

I’m right there with y’all. Waiting on bonus from Friday, 6/8 purchase to credit. Really could have used it yesterday because I struggled to it first goal. No ncraves AND couldn’t get a survey to credit for the past few days.

Me too...6/6 purchase as well. Glad to hear it’s not just me!

and me. Glad I'm not alone here. I posted a while ago I had over a thousand points in pending, been pending forever. Haven't checked lately, but still don't get why so long.

I need about $450 more in GCs for our DLR trip in 3 weeks, and am trying to figure out the best deal to buy them since I'm out of time to earn more free GCs via rewards apps & such.

Does anyone know what kinds of GCs Home Depot typically carries in store? I have the $10 off $75 at home improvement retailers on three AMEX cards, but I only have Home Depot near me, no Lowe's unfortunately. My other option is the 10% back at Staples, so I can buy Target GCs from there and convert if Home Depot doesn't carry anything useful.

Are these deals probably my best bet for the largest discount with a quick turnaround? Or is there anything else going on right now I could try?

Last edited:
I need about $450 more in GCs for our DLR trip in 3 weeks, and am trying to figure out the best deal to buy them since I'm out of time to earn more free GCs via rewards apps & such.

Does anyone know what kinds of GCs (if any) Home Depot typically carries in store? I have the $10 off $75 at home improvement retailers on three AMEX cards, but I only have Home Depot near me, no Lowe's unfortunately. My other option is the 10% back at Staples, so I can buy Target GCs from there and convert if Home Depot doesn't carry anything useful.

Are these deals probably my best bet for the largest discount with a quick turnaround? Or is there anything else going on right now I could try?

Home Depot and Staples sell Disney GCs.

Home Depot and Staples sell Disney GCs.
Oh, nice! I'll have to check my Home Depot tomorrow, I've never looked at their GC rack before. I also haven't seen Disney ones at the Staples closest to my office, but it's a small one that's mostly a print center. Maybe a larger one will have them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter