Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I'm going to try and use some MC gcs I bought at Safeway last month to buy Visa GCs at Kroger. I have to go to a different one because the one down the street from me tends to call the attendant in self check out for those and variable load GCs, but a couple farther away don't :confused3 Then I'll have to decide if I want to take the Visas and buy Disney for 4x fuel points or use them at BB with the swagbucks deal. BB is about 0.5% better but takes more time, but I need to make sure I can use all of the fuel points :)

I'll probably stop by Safeway too and pick up a $500 MC gc for $10 off (coupon for $10 off $150 or more). I've been reading that variable cards are working. I just plan on using it for normal spend that isn't a bonus category on any of my credit cards. It's just a hair better than say, just buying store gcs to use over the next few months. ($505.95-$10+5% Discover = $471.15 vs $500+5% Discover = $475). No fuel points though :( I'll have about $1850 left in grocery category spend between 2 Discovers and a Freedom card, to max out each one, which I plan on doing for non-category spending... I'm going to try and figure out what I want to have by next weekend so I can get it done before Kroger's 4x promo ends.

Today I'm going to try and use some MC gcs I bought at Safeway last month to buy Visa GCs at Kroger. I have to go to a different one because the one down the street from me tends to call the attendant in self check out for those and variable load GCs, but a couple farther away don't :confused3 Then I'll have to decide if I want to take the Visas and buy Disney for 4x fuel points or use them at BB with the swagbucks deal. BB is about 0.5% better but takes more time, but I need to make sure I can use all of the fuel points :)

I'll probably stop by Safeway too and pick up a $500 MC gc for $10 off (coupon for $10 off $150 or more). I've been reading that variable cards are working. I just plan on using it for normal spend that isn't a bonus category on any of my credit cards. It's just a hair better than say, just buying store gcs to use over the next few months. ($505.95-$10+5% Discover = $471.15 vs $500+5% Discover = $475). No fuel points though :( I'll have about $1850 left in grocery category spend between 2 Discovers and a Freedom card, to max out each one, which I plan on doing for non-category spending... I'm going to try and figure out what I want to have by next weekend so I can get it done before Kroger's 4x promo ends.

I've been thinking through the same thing (we have 2 Discovers and a Freedom too). Although I'd be willing to bet there will be another 4x coupon before June ends. Guess its better to be safe though. Not sure I'll be able to max this one out, which kinda bugs me - lol.

I've been thinking through the same thing (we have 2 Discovers and a Freedom too). Although I'd be willing to bet there will be another 4x coupon before June ends. Guess its better to be safe though. Not sure I'll be able to max this one out, which kinda bugs me - lol.
I'm going to push to max it out by floating some money for the next month or two... DH isn't the biggest fan of that but were not working on a new card, sooo... :)

Plans changed so I didn't stop by Safeway. I did flip one card at Kroger, part of me wishes I'd gone for all of them at once and part of me is glad I didn't...

I swiped the MC gc and it deducted the $100 so I thought I was all good. I paid the remaining $8 (fee plus 2 items) with my Discover... then it called the attendant over :confused3 and prompted him to enter my license number "for the item purchased" He goes, for your $8 purchase? what was the item? Maybe he thought I grabbed something with an age requirement? I said oh I had a gift card in there.... then he let it go.

Stuff like that makes me nervous, I dont know if I want to bother to try the other $200. I'd worry that if I got shut down, itd drain the MC gc and I'd have trouble getting it back.

Plans changed so I didn't stop by Safeway. I did flip one card at Kroger, part of me wishes I'd gone for all of them at once and part of me is glad I didn't...

I swiped the MC gc and it deducted the $100 so I thought I was all good. I paid the remaining $8 (fee plus 2 items) with my Discover... then it called the attendant over :confused3 and prompted him to enter my license number "for the item purchased" He goes, for your $8 purchase? what was the item? Maybe he thought I grabbed something with an age requirement? I said oh I had a gift card in there.... then he let it go.

Stuff like that makes me nervous, I dont know if I want to bother to try the other $200. I'd worry that if I got shut down, itd drain the MC gc and I'd have trouble getting it back.
That happened to me and bothered me too. Why do they want to save my driver’s license???

Do you get ANY fuel points when buying the loadable $500 Visa gift cards at Kroger? 1X??? Is the fee $5.95 or $6.95 on those?

Do you get ANY fuel points when buying the loadable $500 Visa gift cards at Kroger? 1X??? Is the fee $5.95 or $6.95 on those?

The max card that my Kroger sells is $200-I believe the activation is $6.95. There is a coupon for 4x points that needs clipped digitally to get 800 points out of it.

The max card that my Kroger sells is $200-I believe the activation is $6.95. There is a coupon for 4x points that needs clipped digitally to get 800 points out of it.

The fixed value cards get the 4x. The loadables do not. Trying to figure out if the loadables get ANY fuel points at all. Even 1x?

Has anyone been successful at using their Plenti points to by Disney gift cards? I only have $2 worth but every dollar counts. Plus I think they sell $15 gift cards there. I could earn a few more before it closes next month.

For those who shop at shop and stop, they have an offer of $15 off your next shopping order before 6/25 if you purchase $100 of gift cards (except, for visa, mastercard, and their own gift card)

Woot! 15% off here I come! It's not my grocery store of choice, but we have them around here, and I'm sure I can find something there I want.

I get so jealous of everyone posting on here with Kroger and Meijer offers, and we have NONE in my area.

I'm hoping Shop Rite will do the $10 back for a $50 GC purchase again before my trip next fall.

Anyone here have the Staples 10% offer on their Amex cards. If so, did you get your statement credit by purchasing GC online. I see on the Lowe's offer it says not good on electronic gift cards (or something to the effect). I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger, I got used to saving more in 15-20% range. Doing this, would just be 10% plus the value of my Starpoints. Would be great if they sold Walmart or Sam's GCs, but I didn't see any of those. Hmm...

Anyone here have the Staples 10% offer on their Amex cards. If so, did you get your statement credit by purchasing GC online. I see on the Lowe's offer it says not good on electronic gift cards (or something to the effect). I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger, I got used to saving more in 15-20% range. Doing this, would just be 10% plus the value of my Starpoints. Would be great if they sold Walmart or Sam's GCs, but I didn't see any of those. Hmm...

Is this for the Business Am. X card? I believe these promotions are for that specific card, which I don't own. I did look however and nope, not there.

I bought $100 is disney gift cards and a thing of pencils at staples and the 10% credited the day after the charge posted

I know the policy with using Best Buy gc’s for Disney gc’s changed, but has anyone checked if BB reward dollars still apply to Disney gc’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter