Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardency takes too long to deliver my Gamestop gcs. I bought them on 5/17 so I knew by prior purchases that there was no way way I'd be getting/churning those today. It takes about 10 days but who knows because their tracking isn't working again.
Will be trying new seller that was mentioned. Thanks

Kroger digital coupon . . .

Get 4x FUEL Points on FRI - SAT - SUN Only when you buy a participating gift card, no-contract wireless handsets or airtime card* Restrictions Apply. See Store for Details.

Exp 05/29/2016
Thanks! I need one more fill up for June!

Has anyone ever tried purchasing through Kroger GCM online? Does it do 4x and are they physical or ecards? If egc how do they take to be delivered?

I don't know what it is about that question that's so absurd. In my mind, if I get a GC from someone to a store where there's nothing I need, but they sell GCs for other places where I do want to spend money, I'm going to want to use my GC to buy another GC. But I know stores that allow this are more the exception to the rule.

I had a $50 BB gift card (purchase as a "test") and I went to the store to 1) look to see if they even HAD eBay gift cards, and 2) to see if they carried a case for my DD's new tablet. I asked a sales associate if they carried any cases for a Galaxy Tab E...they don't. So I said, "Well, I guess I will just buy her this eBay gift card and let her pick one out". I had no issues with it. I went back the next day and bought a $450 eBay card with my $450 remaining BB cards....again, no problems at all.

I was able to come home from work tonight and make the 45-minute call to PayPal to get my $500 BB order from PPDG to go through. DH thought I was crazy, but seriously...I made $40! Now, I just have to stop at BB tomorrow and buy my $500 Disney gift card. Since I am at $975 via PPDG, I have to wait a month before I buy any more. With this Disney card purchase, I will have enough for our trip in October. I am sitting on $200 in eBucks right now so when they are available, I may start a new churn. That way, if the deals die or I get "stuck", at least I won't be out any vacation money.

You know what, you're right. I didn't think of that. I have 13 GS within 25 miles of me. If I can't get it to go through one of those, I can take the loss.

I only have 7, but I ran into a slightly awkward situation last week. I bought a $200 ebay GC at one GameStop one day, then went to a different GameStop the next day, and the same employee rang me up both times. Both times I was the only one in the store, shortly after it opened. The next time I go, I'm sending my wife in first to see who's at the register so I don't run into the same guy AGAIN. ;)

Has anyone ever tried purchasing through Kroger GCM online? Does it do 4x and are they physical or ecards? If egc how do they take to be delivered?
I believe you do get 4x fuel points when they run specials. I don't use it because my Amex card won't give me 6% back so I'm not sure if they are physical or e-gift cards.

It is only 2X gas rewards for eBay gift cards. I already bought some hoping the 4X would work, but it did not.

That's what happened to me last week...right before my account got locked. :scared:
I see you have a lot of info on what stores do not accept a gift card for gift card purchase, so I thought you might be a good one to ask. :) Does Joannes allow you to purchase a gift card with a gift card?

This may be important:

I was making my purchase on my phone and I told him about being trapped in the PP verification loop. He told me to go into my settings and turn off my location, so I did. Then I verified my PP one last time and logged on the ebay and the sale went through!!!

Hoping this helps someone else!

ETA: "He/Him" above referring to DH.
Just a warning-PayPal specifically told me that the reason my account was initially locked was because the location settings on my phone was disabled and the PayPal computer detected that as an indication of fraud (trying to mask your location)
Of course I have gotten a million reasons from them about why my account was locked in my various phone calls so I guess that could be wrong too

WELL I took the GS plunge and had sucess and the rug pulled out all in one smooth move today. With the 8%, I decided to try my one and only local GS who said last month they didnt accept gc for gc sale. Talked to a sales lady named Jody there on my lunch hour who said sure they did and they had ebay gc in stock. So I went ahead and sunk 500 into ebay ppdgc. Verified my pp account twice during the sale and in 30 min I had my gs ecards in hand. Didn't have enough lunch hour left to get to GS s I sweated it through the afternoon til I could get over there after work.

The same lady was there and and remembered me but didn't know how to ring up my order so she called the boss. After a very long time of taking notes and saying uh huh about 50 times she got off the phone and said she could do it today but not ever again. EVER. The boss said buying a gift card with a gift card was selling wholesale and they weren't a wholesaler~ brother!

At least I got my little churn and know exactly where this store stands! Now I will just have to be patient and look for other ways to increase the disneydollar!

Since I am at $975 via PPDG, I have to wait a month before I buy any more.

I don't think that limit applies anymore. Last week, I purchased $1,500 in GS/BB GCs (with the same $500!) in two days during the 10% bonus, no problems. I get the sense that PPDG's anti-fraud algorithm is such that it adapts to spending patterns, but sensitive enough to refuse a transaction or lock up your account if you don't have a history of buying in volume or frequency. If you develop a trend of buying in larger amounts (e.g., $500) frequently (once or twice per week), I'm guessing you won't see as many problems.

WELL I took the GS plunge and had sucess and the rug pulled out all in one smooth move today. With the 8%, I decided to try my one and only local GS who said last month they didnt accept gc for gc sale. Talked to a sales lady named Jody there on my lunch hour who said sure they did and they had ebay gc in stock. So I went ahead and sunk 500 into ebay ppdgc. Verified my pp account twice during the sale and in 30 min I had my gs ecards in hand. Didn't have enough lunch hour left to get to GS s I sweated it through the afternoon til I could get over there after work.

The same lady was there and and remembered me but didn't know how to ring up my order so she called the boss. After a very long time of taking notes and saying uh huh about 50 times she got off the phone and said she could do it today but not ever again. EVER. The boss said buying a gift card with a gift card was selling wholesale and they weren't a wholesaler~ brother!

At least I got my little churn and know exactly where this store stands! Now I will just have to be patient and look for other ways to increase the disneydollar!

I am thinking about testing our GS -- but I'm curious why the cashier wouldn't know how to ring up your order. My plan would be to hand the cashier the ebay gift card and let him/her scan it, then when he/she looks at me for payment, swipe the GS gift card in the card reader. Would that not work?

I am thinking about testing our GS -- but I'm curious why the cashier wouldn't know how to ring up your order. My plan would be to hand the cashier the ebay gift card and let him/her scan it, then when he/she looks at me for payment, swipe the GS gift card in the card reader. Would that not work?
They had ecards, not physical ones.

I only have 7, but I ran into a slightly awkward situation last week. I bought a $200 ebay GC at one GameStop one day, then went to a different GameStop the next day, and the same employee rang me up both times. Both times I was the only one in the store, shortly after it opened. The next time I go, I'm sending my wife in first to see who's at the register so I don't run into the same guy AGAIN. ;)

This was totally me last week too!

Like I said, I've got 5 within about 20 miles but really alternate just among the closest 4 at different shifts to keep under the radar. On the second day of last week's 10% bonus, I popped into a GS -- only me and the employee there -- to buy an eBay GC, and the guy recognized me from the day before at a different GS and started asking questions. Awkward. Dealing with the same cashier every now and then isn't a problem, but when buying $500 in GCs at two different stores, on two days back-to-back looks a bit curious.

Last edited:
EBay won't let me access my cart due to the number of purchases and fraud. That number of purchases? 1.

Oh well. I successfully did a PPDG-BB churn and have an eBay GC ready to go for my next promo. I was hoping for 2 rounds today, but oh well.

I did notice it only gave me the 4x on the $100 GC, not the $50 GC, even though they were in the same transaction.

I got one of my accounts locked out earlier too. I'm in the club! :yay:

The terms on this go-round were $100 per item, not per total. I found $85 discounted $100 cards still qualified, presumably because they were regular price $100.

In regards to the GS purchase and how everyone is approaching it:

Maybe I'm lucky, but I do it very differently than others on here have done or suggested (I don't mean that in a bad way, just that my approach is different). I walk in with head up, smiling, and yell hello to the young guy, or girl at the counter, who yelled hello to me when I came in. I'm in a great mood. They ask if they can help me, and I say "Nope. Just grabbing one of these eBay cards." Walk right up to the counter, and tell them "I got $140 on these electronic gift cards that I printed out. I'm going to load all of it on to this one eBay card. I forgot my rewards card, but I wrote the number on that sheet there."

Commence small talk as they are rung up (after confirming my rewards card for 2%). Wish the employee well and hope it doesn't rain on them too hard, and I'm out the door.

Now, my write-up above makes it sound like I'm coming off cocky and arrogant. I assure you, that's not what I mean. I'm very personable and outgoing. But, there's a few mannerisms that are important, in my opinion. First, I didn't ask if it could be done. I believe that a question like that immediately sends the employee to question whether or not it could/should be processed. I casually make it seem like I've done it before and it's expected to go through just like any other transaction, because it is. Second, I don't ask if gift card purchases are excluded from the rewards program. That gets them thinking that maybe something fishy is going on. Third, I appeal to their "expert" status and ask them about a game (in my case, Disney Infinity for my kids) and would like their knowledge and advice.

I casually say that this is what I'm getting, and here's how I'm paying for it. Part of me really believes that normalizing the transaction goes a long way.

Again, maybe I'm just lucky, but as new as I am to this, but I've successfully bought $455 in eBay GC from two different GS and 3 different employees. Nobody batted an eye. Most were more focused on the conversation we were having, instead of deciding whether it 'could" be done. Two employees were excited about the amount of rewards I was getting.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm a big believer in the fact that we can influence how people respond to us, just by what we say and how we say it.

My BFF finally got an offer, so I was able to walk her through using her target purchased ebay cards to buy sears gift cards to use at Kmart on the phone. She lives 2 hours from me, but was I able to use a $250 sears card this past weekend to buy GS cards at her local Kmart. I was super jealous because hers had multiple $50 GS cards, as well as ebay and Disney. I will be in her town again Friday and I can use my last $250 sears card from my last churn there :)

I was also able to get in on this round. I first ordered $500 in sears gc from SVM. Then, I tried to order $600 in GS cards from PPDG. hahaha. No. After the 3rd text verification and 4th ebay login, I decided to just go ahead and use the other $600 on sears cards from SVM because I had to leave for a meeting. Amazingly, I hadn't gotten locked out of paypal yet. So, I'm sure there will be another ebay bucks bonus promo this week since most of my ebay money is in transit ;) Many thanks to Lain for tracking bonus bucks dates, I'd fallen behind after going to Disney and then starting a new job the following week.

I don't think that limit applies anymore... If you develop a trend of buying in larger amounts (e.g., $500) frequently (once or twice per week), I'm guessing you won't see as many problems.

I did not need to know this:scratchin...

After all of the panic attacks I've dealt with since I started churning (losing the 5% at Target, losing the Target gift cards from eBay, getting locked out of PP, etc.) I told myself that once I had my $500 in Disney, that was it for a while.

Now...hmmm....maybe I will turn $300 into Disney and continue to churn with the other $200:teacher:. We normally take our vacations 8-11 months apart. This year, we decided to go in October instead of June, which means that we have less than 6 months between our 2016 trip and our 2017 trip to HHI in April. That means that I will need to save quickly for that trip. We will need a variety of gift cards, but Disney gift cards will cover our resort activities like the dolphin tour, kayak trips and bicycle rental. Since we drive, I can always use eBucks for gas cards, fast food and hotels along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter