Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who has never successfully gotten a PPDG order to go through? I try every time there is a ebucks promo. Yesterday I called for the first time and was told there was nothing they could do if their system blocked for fraud - no override. I ended up buying physical GS yesterday afternoon. Overnight, I got an email to verify my PayPal account. Did that this morning and changed my password. Just tried for a small $50 BB on PPDG and was blocked again. Am I the only one who has never gotten one through? I'm concerned that BB was to be my exit strategy being that they carry Disney and GS doesn't. Not sure what I'll do if I can't ever get a BB order through. Any advice?
I have had similar problems. I initially bought a $50 BB PPDG 2 weeks ago to test it out and it was great (used it to buy a $25 Disney gc and $25 camera bag). Then I tried to buy a larger amount and was locked out. I tried calling but no help. I periodically tried again to buy both SW and BB since I have funds tied up in eBay cards but no luck. On Sunday I finally was able to purchase a $100 BB again using a gift card and putting the remaining couple dollars on my credit card in my PayPal account. However this triggered another account lock so after that I was unable to purchase again. Every time I have called nobody has been able to assist me. I also tried to use my husband's eBay and PayPal account with no luck at all. Honestly I think I will just have to periodically try to buy a small amount through my account and see if it goes through. Good luck!

Both mine and DH's Paypal accounts were limited after trying to buy from PPDG. I called today and they are closing both accounts. I've got about $700 tied up in EBay gc's the rest is $1200 in Target (which I will use no problem even if someday I can't buy gc with gc) ***! They told me I was buying too many gift cards with vouchers and they are no longer going to allow that. Beware of PPDG I'm thinking they triggered it.

Hmmm. I may have to take advantage of the $100 CVS GC for $88 at SVM. I can pay for my dog's prescriptions with a CVS GC (just did it today) and getting the 12% discount on the price, plus ebates, plus eBucks, plus CVS pharmacy rewards takes the sting out of the cost. Poor thing is on 6 medications and 3 of them cost me $75 today. I know that it's not Disney, but the less I spend on her meds, the more I have in my pocket for other things.
Take the cash you would have spent on the RXs and buy back into the churn.

I was succesful... in getting 3 PayPal accounts locked today, thanks to PPDG!

Sidenote: I'm now drinking a much-needed glass of wine :rolleyes1 ...

Perhaps PPDG could make their motto: "Enough to Drive a Person to Drink!"
PPDG = Paypal Drinking Game - Have a drink each time you get locked out

Does Joanne's even sell 3rd-party GCs?
Yes

Quick question... I purchased an additional item with one of my Target GC purchases on eBay. I had to return the additional item and was issued a refund. A portion of the refund was refunded to the gift card used for the purchase. (the rest was refunded to the CC I used for the balance) I can't find the gift card with the refunded amount. I've tried all the eBay cards on my spreadsheet, and none have the extra balance. Does anyone have any idea where I can find out which card was supposed to receive the refund, or where the refund may have gone?
Yeah....this is something that was new (for me at least) in the past,if I had to return an item from one of my orders, they just issued a new gc and I used it as normal...never needed to figure out which card/which order- last week I returned a small item, she refunded like $3 onto my redcard,and .90 in cash.... that was new.....oh,and that's what I get for ignoring this thread for a coupe of days, I didn't know about the 8% yesterday! I actually wanted to buy something on ebay,but I want the ebucks!:rolleyes1

Both mine and DH's Paypal accounts were limited after trying to buy from PPDG. I called today and they are closing both accounts. I've got about $700 tied up in EBay gc's the rest is $1200 in Target (which I will use no problem even if someday I can't buy gc with gc) ***! They told me I was buying too many gift cards with vouchers and they are no longer going to allow that. Beware of PPDG I'm thinking they triggered it.

:eek: WHAT?! :eek:

PP is closing your account because you've bought too many GCs with GCs? How much did you and DH buy? I don't think we've heard of this before. I have to wonder why you and not the thousands of others who have churned thousands through eBay.

Umm a lot, but not an exorbitant amount. Maybe with each ebucks offer about $500? Yes closed BOTH accounts. I'm pretty sure all the verifications had them look closer at my acccount. Since DH's is tied to the same checking they closed both. I'm so pissed.

Umm a lot, but not an exorbitant amount. Maybe with each ebucks offer about $500? Yes closed BOTH accounts. I'm pretty sure all the verifications had them look closer at my acccount. Since DH's is tied to the same checking they closed both. I'm so pissed.

Did they close your paypal or ebay or both?

well missed out on yesterdays ebucks but figured there would be one since I had MD appts all day. if anyone has the disney visa and wants/needs anything from the disney store you can save 20% off your entire purchase instore or online. just got a bunch of new shirts and costumes for $250 valued at $650 thanks to the sales and 20% off

Did they close your paypal or ebay or both?

Just paypal but both mine and DH's. I tried to buy from PPDG from mine and was denied. On DH's it let me get $100 in BB gcs. I called this morning about my account and was told PP is terminating our relationship because I used too many vouchers to buy giftcards on ebay. No discussion. When I went on DH's account the same limitation warning was there so that account was shut down as well. Luckily I never leave balances in these accounts but I have $700 in Ebay gcs and EBucks that cant be redeemed without Paypal.

Take the cash you would have spent on the RXs and buy back into the churn.
I probably *could* do that, but in all likelihood, I'll end up just shifting those funds into a general savings account. Cash is always king in my book. I earn enough Target and eBay GCs from rewards programs to sustain the churn without having to add cash.

Kroger has $10 off coupons in my area for the next few weeks plus the extra fuel points on weekends. I also got an extra $10 off thanks to P&G purchases this weekend. Makes up for some of the bite from my favorite churn going away.

Just paypal but both mine and DH's. I tried to buy from PPDG from mine and was denied. On DH's it let me get $100 in BB gcs. I called this morning about my account and was told PP is terminating our relationship because I used too many vouchers to buy giftcards on ebay. No discussion. When I went on DH's account the same limitation warning was there so that account was shut down as well. Luckily I never leave balances in these accounts but I have $700 in Ebay gcs and EBucks that cant be redeemed without Paypal.
Oh man! That really sucks! I would be sick over having that kind of money tied up and being effectively told I had no way to spend it. At least you can sell the eBay GCs if you don't have them tied to the now-defunct PP accounts.

Overall, how much did you churn through PP in the form of eBay GCs before they terminated your accounts? I see that you mentioned maybe $500 per ebuck bonus offer, but that could be quite a bit if you have been doing this for months, given that there have been 6 bonus bucks offers within the last month alone.

Wouldnt that mean that BB should allow ebay gc purchase with a BB gc since ebay is not "open loop"?
Ok, so I had a meeting today 10 minutes away from BB and decided to run in instead of driving 30 minutes from my home. Because they had just opened they were directly everyone to check out at the service desk. I decided last second to buy $300 of Disney, using 3 $100 BB e gc's. I waited until the employee rang up all 6 Disney gc's then just handed her the e gc's. She didn't bat an eye. I was prepared to politely ask her to try the sale if she balked at using a gc to buy a gc as the bb policy on this sides with it being allowed. Even though it worked, I won't be churning this way again just because bb is too far a drive to make it worthwhile for me.

I would love to know just how much you've purchased in gift cards in the past few months. You stated that you did $500 with each ebucks offer so this could potentially add up to quite a large amount. It would be nice to know just as a reference of what Paypal considered to be suspicious enough to close your PP accounts.

Hmmm. Just wondering for those that pp is locking out. Are you using a phone or desktop to place the orders? I thought for sure my ppdg order for BB would trigger something as I just placed some major fraud protection on all my accounts due to a security breach at work. It went through fine. I'm wondering if using a desktop helped???

So they won't let you use your Ebay GCs because you can't have a Paypal account anymore. Did they say they would refund you the value of your GCs. I doubt they will.
You have 2 options:
  1. You could file in small claims in your community court against EBAY and Paypal. They will have to send a lawyer to address which will cost them more than $500.
  2. File a complaint with your states Attorney General. Each state has laws regarding Gift Cards.
In my state, Massachusetts, the retailer is fined $300 per card for not redeeming the gift card.

So my sears cards from SVM arrived yesterday and I was able to use them to buy Disney gc at Kmart. Got $300 for $255 (bought when they were 15% off last week) but cashier had to ask a manager. Apparently they have had fraud with credit cards and only allow sales with cash for gift cards now. Since I was paying with gift cards she allowed it but not sure I would try there again. Also went to BB with my PPDG and no problem there either. If only PPDG would allow me to buy again

Oh man! That really sucks! I would be sick over having that kind of money tied up and being effectively told I had no way to spend it. At least you can sell the eBay GCs if you don't have them tied to the now-defunct PP accounts.

Overall, how much did you churn through PP in the form of eBay GCs before they terminated your accounts? I see that you mentioned maybe $500 per ebuck bonus offer, but that could be quite a bit if you have been doing this for months, given that there have been 6 bonus bucks offers within the last month alone.
So looking back it's about 6K in churned gc'sin the last 4 months. A lot more than I thought, it adds up quickly! Luckily I have very small balances attached to my PP accounts and like you said I can sell the Ebay gcs. I'll have to kiss the Bucks goodbye but they were extra anyways. Like you I've only invested money from rewards sites so this is not a financial hit in anyway. I'm sure if I hadn't gotten caught up in the PPDG verification all would be good.
I would love to know just how much you've purchased in gift cards in the past few months. You stated that you did $500 with each ebucks offer so this could potentially add up to quite a large amount. It would be nice to know just as a reference of what Paypal considered to be suspicious enough to close your PP accounts.
Yes it does add up quicker than you think. About 6K since February. But I'm pretty sure the issues with PPDG triggered my account to be looked at closely.

They totally locked you out? My lockout seems to have resolved itself overnight. At least I can get to the cart page that I couldn't last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter