Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Canadian who travels to the US occasionally. Where is the best place to buy Disney Gift Cards? Disney Store? Can you get them at Costco? Somewhere else? I don't have points from other paces to turn them into gift cards.
I know that Sam's and BJ's carry Disney GCs but I don't know about Costco. Otherwise, you're going to pay face value for any GCs that you buy. If you have a Target REDCard, you can get 5% off by purchasing in the store. But being Canadian, I don't know if you can get a REDCard.

I am not trying to start an argument. I am just playing devils advocate and don't think anyone of us will be prosecuted.

If I buy gift cards and socks from Target, I'm entitled to ebates on the socks. It's not my fault ebates/Target can't figure out how not to pay the ebates on the gift cards.
Yes, but you are buying the socks only because you know you will most likely get the CB on the GCs because you have identified a glitch in the system. That in itself is fraud.

This reminds me of the guy on the Disney cruise Facebook page who says paying with gift cards but getting the redcard discount online is fraud--although we probably won't be prosecuted.
It is not fraud, the terms clearly state that we are entitled to the 5% except on prepaid cards. Click on Targets prepaid card list and they are mostly Visa and MC gift cards. Disney and Ebay are not in that list.

More than likely Fatwallet doesn't see the purchases. It's up to the merchant to determine if the order qualifies for commission and how much. Some affiliate programs do show purchases, but many only notify that a sale has been made and the amount of the sale. I belong and have belonged to several affiliate programs and I can't think of one that shows me a person's name and their order details. It's all tracked by cookies. Most merchants also don't pay out right away (to take into account cancellations and returns) which is why some portals have a waiting period before your points/cash credit or a threshold before you cash out.
They won't be able to see the details of the purchase. But they will be able to see the total or qualifing amount, the rebate amount, and which customer (an identifying code issued by the rebate portal) made the purchase. Cookies are only used to hold the affiliate info for a few days and is replaced if you come from another affiliate link or expires outright.

Unless the boys, men, guys, whatever, created many accounts, Fat wallet can see that an extreme amount of commissions is being generated.

How do I know all this? Before ebates, I was part of a project to create a site just like ebates. We were using Commission Junction (now called CJ.com). We would supply them a code we generated per member and they would give us reports of purchases made by that member through our affiliated links. We would then give a portion of that commision to the initiating member. We never completed the project.

I know that Sam's and BJ's carry Disney GCs but I don't know about Costco. Otherwise, you're going to pay face value for any GCs that you buy. If you have a Target REDCard, you can get 5% off by purchasing in the store. But being Canadian, I don't know if you can get a REDCard.

Thanks. I know Target had the RED Card when they were in Canada but we never had one. Not sure if we'd be able to transfer those over if we did have one or not.
And I don't think we have Sam's in Canada anymore either. :(

This will now be my signature line on this thread!
Happy early Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.
Peace, Love & Cash Back.
How do you set a signature line by thread? I thought of having a couple of signatures but they would be inappropriate or misunderstood on other threads.

This will now be my signature line on this thread!
Happy early Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.
Peace, Love & Cash Back.
8513c158-951e-4dc4-ae92-e3ab93c8a361_zpsostfmknm.jpg

Can you use the self-checkout at Target to combine several smaller GCs onto a single GC? Or does it absolutely have to be done at customer service? I swear that the lines at customer service are longer than any checkout line and the team members there aren't always well-informed on how to do it.

I want to use my Target GCs online for a large purchase and with the 4 GC limit, I need larger balances on them.

I been able to combine gc at target at any register. We just recently got self check out (last week), but before that I just picked a new target card loaded the amount I needed and paid it with gc.

eBay - please run a flash ebucks promo today on gift cards in honor of Mother's Day. Pretty please????

LOL!
Yeah, me too! I gotta remember to keep checking my email and here, while I'm a work, lol! A surprise flash sale, and on a friday would be awesome!

Can you use the self-checkout at Target to combine several smaller GCs onto a single GC? Or does it absolutely have to be done at customer service? I swear that the lines at customer service are longer than any checkout line and the team members there aren't always well-informed on how to do it.

I want to use my Target GCs online for a large purchase and with the 4 GC limit, I need larger balances on them.

My local Targets' self-checkouts have signs on them that say Target GCs cannot be purchased at self-checkout; see a Target team member for help.

It seems it's a YMMV situation. My local Targets not only allow it, they stock the gift cards right over the self-checkout scanners, which is also very handy for their annual $30 off $300 sale in December.

I'm a Canadian living in the USA but I've had a target red card since before I moved here. I've also had a kohls much longer. Anyway, it seems to depends on the retailer if they will issue a card to you. Policies could have changed though.

I have a question for those who use Top Cash Back. How long after making a purchase from their portal does it take to show pending on your account? I saw 7 days for payout, but can't find anything for pending. I'm looking at other portals besides ebates and swagbucks that might offer higher percentages back.

eBay - please run a flash ebucks promo today on gift cards in honor of Mother's Day. Pretty please????

LOL!

Yeah, me too! I gotta remember to keep checking my email and here, while I'm a work, lol! A surprise flash sale, and on a friday would be awesome!

With my luck, this will happen...since my gift cards are in transit and won't be here until tomorrow:rolleyes:

I have a question for those who use Top Cash Back. How long after making a purchase from their portal does it take to show pending on your account? I saw 7 days for payout, but can't find anything for pending. I'm looking at other portals besides ebates and swagbucks that might offer higher percentages back.

I think it varies by retailer like how like SB's does theirs. I have had transactions pending for 30 days even. My money has never not posted, other than one Amazon purchase which you cannot submit a ticket on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter