Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get such a big ebates check if you just caught on to adding a small item?

I agree. I did that a few times but am not doing it anymore.

My last purchase was a couple months ago when the payment for my BIL's cruise was due in full. You can only buy 3 $100 cards and I added something small to get the ebate like others have done and reported on this board. I would give back the daggone ebates if they would reinstate me. I read on line today that people who bought some kind of children's designer clothing that came out recently were also banned. They were buying and reselling on ebay. Lilly Pulitzer clothes. Article is on consumerist.com. I googled banned from target.com and read all kinds of things about people being banned. And it was just like happened to me...no particular reason, just go read target.com/spot/terms-conditions. The person I spoke to was really nice and apologetic. He said to me, well, when you called yesterday what did they tell you..."item no longer available" he said, no, you are no longer permitted to purchase on target.com. HUH? WHY? He said he didn't know, there was no reason given, just to read that page. Why on earth would I want to make a living out of reselling gift cards? If I sold them I would sell them for what I paid, not for more than I paid. I may be frugal, but I am an honest cheap skate!

I still have yet to hear of anyone being banned who wasn't using cards from a reseller. There are lots of us who play this game without starting at raise/card pool/gift card zen. (Kroger is my starting point.)

It seems very arbitrary. I think the eBay churning will be the straw that breaks the camel's back on buying a gift card with a gift card. If I were a target exec and understood what is going on, I would figure out how to stop this.

Well, then why does Target sell their own gift cards at 10% off and ebay gift cards at 10% off? They have to know you are going to get a bargain any way you can and it's not illegal. Furthermore, I have spend just as much on target merchandise as I have on target gift cards. The article about the discounted children's clothing states that Target is offering these deals to get people into the store to buy less favorable merchandise that they are losing money on. So they are stopping anyone who is buying large quantities. They want you in the store where quantities are limited and you might buy something you didn't come in there to get. I am NOT a reseller. Just warning others who don't want to lose their shopping privileges on target.com I miss it, really. Our target stores are 20 miles away. I didn't have to leave the house and had tons of every day items delivered to my door for free. I have a stock pile of toilet tissue, soap, toothpaste, tissues, all at their price using my target card and getting the free gift cards they offer. Maybe they shoot themselves in the foot with their free gift cards and discounts, I don't know.

Susan- I am so sorry this happened to you! I, too, think they should just say you can't buy gift cards, but I am guessing that maybe banning you from just gift cards at target.com is too complicated. I don't know anything at all about how their websites are set up, but I would imagine that it is much easier to block you from buying at all unfortunately. Still stinks. Maybe you can show them a receipt or proof of your wonderful vacation, that would prove you aren't a reseller and they could reinstate you.

I am just starting into this, opting more towards just getting some Disney cards at 5-8% off if I can. I ordered some cards from cardcash.com, and one of them was for the Disney Store instead of Disney! I called and they are e mailing me a label to print off, and will refund my money to paypal once they get the card, not sure how long that will take.

Thank you to all who share your experiences, good and bad, to help others out.

http://consumerist.com/2015/05/22/target-buyers-report-that-resellers-have-been-banned/ this is the article about Target banning shoppers they think are reselling. Not me! I would give it away before I would resell for profit. Oh well it was fun while it lasted. I really wanted those new Crest White strips and a streaming device...one of those that goes through your iphone/pad etc....but my orders were all cancelled. Target's loss, I guess.

Well, then why does Target sell their own gift cards at 10% off and ebay gift cards at 10% off? They have to know you are going to get a bargain any way you can and it's not illegal. Furthermore, I have spend just as much on target merchandise as I have on target gift cards. The article about the discounted children's clothing states that Target is offering these deals to get people into the store to buy less favorable merchandise that they are losing money on. So they are stopping anyone who is buying large quantities. They want you in the store where quantities are limited and you might buy something you didn't come in there to get. I am NOT a reseller. Just warning others who don't want to lose their shopping privileges on target.com I miss it, really. Our target stores are 20 miles away. I didn't have to leave the house and had tons of every day items delivered to my door for free. I have a stock pile of toilet tissue, soap, toothpaste, tissues, all at their price using my target card and getting the free gift cards they offer. Maybe they shoot themselves in the foot with their free gift cards and discounts, I don't know.
Those are special promotions rarely available.

Those are special promotions rarely available.

Of course they are, but they were during my need to purchase a HUGE trip and I took advantage of it. If they don't want you to use them the way you want to, stop selling the discounted cards. Surely some Ivy League COO could come up with a way of consumers working the system. I am only a BSN nurse from Penn State and I figured it out.

I bought eBay gift cards on Target, then when I try and use the 13-digit codes at eBay I get this message: "It looks like this coupon code isn't ready yet. Try back later." Anyone else have this problem? Any advice?

Of course they are, but they were during my need to purchase a HUGE trip and I took advantage of it. If they don't want you to use them the way you want to, stop selling the discounted cards. Surely some Ivy League COO could come up with a way of consumers working the system. I am only a BSN nurse from Penn State and I figured it out.
I'm just saying there is a difference between target occasionally offering 10% discounts and the eBay churning.

I don't know what ebay churning is. Only did the ebay thing during those two times with the 10% discount.
It's when people buy eBay gift cards on target and target gift cards on eBay. Between eBay bucks and ebates, 5% off from target for the eBay gift cards, etc. the savings can be good. Some people are doing $5000 worth / 6 months. If I were target and saw people buying $10k / year in eBay gift cards, I would want to figure out why.

Only once did I add something small to my orders to get ebates as I didn't catch onto that one until I read it here somewhere, and if I were any of you, I wouldn't do that
But you posted this a while back:
Thanks to whoever recommended the ruler. Got a lot of them now, but wow, how great is that deal? I will do whatever I can to save money.
Look, I think it stinks that you've been unfairly banned from shopping on Target .com. But I've said it before, you need to fly beneath the radar if you want don't want to kill the golden goose.

You used a lot of GCs that you purchased on a discount website. There is nothing illegal about doing that. However, you did increase your chances of accidentally purchasing a GC that had been obtained illegally or from a seller whose account had already been flagged by Target .com (and therefore, the GC would have also been flagged).

You bought a small item in your order to qualify for the ebates cashback on your entire purchase. A lot of the same item if your previous post is to be believed. Another red flag. Maybe they think that you're trying to corner the market on wooden rulers, not Disney GCs.

By your own admission, you bought a HUGE number of Disney GCs on the Target website. Even though it was over a 1-year period, it was still at a rate that averaged more than $2000 per month. You had to be making a lot of orders for that to happen.

Please understand that I'm not shining a flashlight on your activity to make you feel any worse than you already feel. I just want to highlight it for others who want to be able to take advantage of these deals.

If you want to be able to continue "churning" your GCs, you really need to avoid drawing attention to your activity!!!!!!

I don't know what ebay churning is. Only did the ebay thing during those two times with the 10% discount.
So, I'm lost now. If you don't know what Ebay churning is and you weren't doing the Ebates glitch, what exactly were you making your money on? Just the 10% discount on the Target gift card sale? That was limit 3... you'd have had to go thru the line 100 times to run $30,000 at that promo.

So, I'm lost now. If you don't know what Ebay churning is and you weren't doing the Ebates glitch, what exactly were you making your money on? Just the 10% discount on the Target gift card sale? That was limit 3... you'd have had to go thru the line 100 times to run $30,000 at that promo.
I'm confused too because a $300 ebates check requires $15k in target spending but she said she only once added something small to get ebates.

Last edited:
Well, she was aware of the ebate/target/ebay churn and was doing it prior to December 26 of last year.
Theoretically yes...there is one maximum of $5000 in eBay gift cards redeemed by one VERIFIED PayPal account. However there are ways around that.
Can you let me in on the secret around it? I have used my account and my husband's account. You can PM me if it's something you don't want to publicize.
Thanks to whoever recommended the ruler. Got a lot of them now, but wow, how great is that deal? I will do whatever I can to save money. Fortunately I retired so I have plenty of time to do all of the deals. When I think of how much money I lost not doing all of these things before the internet...wow.
I don't want to crucify this poster. But if we want to nail down what kind of activity will get you banned on Target .com, providing misleading information while professing your innocence does not look good and isn't very helpful to others.

My only intention was to alert anyone who buys a lot of card to beware. I see now why so many people left this site and went to another one, stating people are too mean and ugly. And you are. Why do you care what I bought? I also spent thousands on household items and bedding and electronics and gifts at Christmas for 6 grandchildren. Whatever raised a red flag I don't know. But it's over, it's done. Why are you finger pointing at me? Do you think I only shop at Target for ebates? I also shop at Chico's and Macy's and UGG and Tom's and Kohl's and Toys R Us and Lands End and Eddie Bauer and Etsy and JoAnn and Organic on line stores and BonTon and Nordic Track and Walmart and more. What is this "She said" She did She is She bla bla bla. Why flame me? Jealous of a senior citizen who is able to take the trips of a lifetime late in life? Trying to find fault with me? What is your goal? I don't know looks like you are on the bitter bus for some reason. Good bye Felicia.

I think the poster meant she got banned from target once she started using ebates (not that she only used ebates once).
Her post said "only once did I add something small to my orders to get ebates."

I don't think anyone was attacking her or jealous. It was just confusing and as marionette pointed out in playing detective we are trying to get the facts straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter