• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week. I received Ebates for 1 order with erasers, but not for another with a ruler.
I will definitely keep trying with every order though.
I did this Saturday for the first time and I got credit for 1 order with a ruler and not the rest. I am wondering if Target drops the referral tracking after this first order and that is why I didn't get credit. Next time I am going to try returning to EBates after each order and opening a new shopping trip.

I too try and explain the savings to family. It doesn't work lol! I have paid $900 (not including the $100 camera i bought or a few Christmas gifts with the other giftcards) on my vacation in a little over 2 months all with FREE giftcards (swagbucks, shopkicks, louder rewards) yes its time consuming (i work from home) but my vacation is going to be twice as long because i plan on paying a good portion of it with FREE giftcards lol! i haven't gotten into the buying ebay with target GC and use my ebay bucks but thats my next mission, just need to figure out my savings lol..

Ok, I am really trying to figure out this Taret to Ebay and repeat thing here. So please let me know if I have this right or missing something. Hopefully this post may be of some help to others as well.

1. I spend $95 on for a $100 Target gift card on Raise, Cardpool ect.

2. I take that $100 Target gift card and buy a $100 Ebay gift card online at Target, with the 5% off, resulting in only costing me $95.

3. So now I have a $100 Ebay gift card plus $5 left over in my Target account for a total spent of $95.

4. Then I go and buy a $100 Target card off of Ebay that will cost me $100, plus $2.99 for shipping. But if I have a 4xs Ebay promo going I will earn $8 on that transaction. So I will now have spent $97.99 and have a $100 Target gift card, $5 in my Target account and $8 in my Ebay buck account.

5. So if I decided to stop the churning and go ahead and take the $100 Target gift card and purchase a $100 Disney gift card online for $95, I will come out with

$100-Disney Gift Card
$10-Target account
$8-Ebay account

$118 total for $97.99 spent, so around a 17% savings.

Yes but the promos are not guaranteed. But if you multiply it, the second Target GC on eBay is $0.99 shipping. Also there is $150 cards for max value.

Yes but the promos are not guaranteed. But if you multiply it, the second Target GC on eBay is $0.99 shipping. Also there is $150 cards for max value.

I opened a second eBay account and I'm still not getting the eBay bucks promotions. I've checked and unchecked the boxes. I'll have to try creating a third account :)

I opened a second eBay account and I'm still not getting the eBay bucks promotions. I've checked and unchecked the boxes. I'll have to try creating a third account :)
Have you tried putting something in your cart? If you do that you can see if the eBay bucks show up, it usually says "you will earn $X in eBay bucks for this purchase." Then at least you can see if you are signed up properly. I just opened another eBay account last week, signed up and that's what I saw when I made my first purchase. I'm waiting to see if I get the promos like I did on my other account. I'm not sure when they will offer them again, someone a few pages back said that they often don't offer them in the same month that the eBay bucks vouchers are distributed, which was just last week. So, I think we will have to watch for the promo in Feb.

I'm the same way here. I have some friends and family that could really use the savings, especially since they complain about the cost of Disney but refuse to do anything to save some money. They complain that it takes too much of your time. Well for me this is what I like to do, this is fun for me (yes - I have no social life - lol), it's become my hobby. So the time I spend on it is worth it. Like you, I am done sharing with those NORMAL people on the outside, they just don't understand the way those on this thread do.

Same for me! I actually find all this 'fun' lol :crazy: When I was telling my neighbor about it all, she said, 'well that sounds like a full time job'...I guess in some ways, it does sound like it takes a ton of time but it really doesn't. Not for me. Once you are past the learning curve, it's pretty quick and easy actually.

Buy the physical cards & wait for them to arrive. Since the shipping cuts into your profits, make sure you're signed up for ebay bucks so you get a rebate back on your gift card purchases. Lots of people wait until there is a special ebay bucks multiplier promotion to maximize their savings/earnings.
Thanks so much for the help. Since you must pay shipping I guess the larger denominations would be a better deal on eBay. I see they are out of anything but $50, do they normally have the larger amounts?

Thanks so much for the help. Since you must pay shipping I guess the larger denominations would be a better deal on eBay. I see they are out of anything but $50, do they normally have the larger amounts?

Lately they've had 50/100/150 denominations. Before about a month ago, it was 25/50/100. Like you said, the higher the denomination, the more $ you save on shipping.

Additional FYI: First card is $2.99 shipping. Additional cards of the same denomination in the same order are only $.99 each. So it's best to try to get your order in multiples of $150 (assuming $150 is in stock).

They will have up to $150. To maximize saving, wait for the larger denominations.

Just FYI, a few people on slickdeals posted that the Target gift cards they had stored in the mobile app were drained. And apparently, there are other places online where people are posting about this happening.

Last edited:
Lately they've had 50/100/150 denominations. Before about a month ago, it was 25/50/100. Like you said, the higher the denomination, the more $ you save on shipping.

Additional FYI: First card is $2.99 shipping. Additional cards of the same denomination in the same order are only $.99 each. So it's best to try to get your order in multiples of $150 (assuming $150 is in stock).
Ya, I knew about the extra cards being .99 each and the fact that you must have a 4xs promotion offered. Didn't know about the $150 cards though. Interesting. More risk taking with this method than just doing the Cardpool, then Target Disney card, not sure if I am game for that. Plus the fact that I have never seen an offer for any extra Ebay bucks for myself.

Is there a way to increase the odds if getting a 4xs offer from Ebay? Do they generally come during certain times of the month? Days if the week? Any rhyme or reason?

Just FYI, a few people on slickdeals posted that the Target gift cards they had stored in the mobile app were drained. And apparently, there are other places online where people are posting about this happening.
Do you think it is better to just keep the actual gift card then?

I had 3 gift cards from swagbucks that I wanted to combine, so I decided to test out the ruler again. I bought a target gift card with my 3 target gift cards from swagbucks and the wooden ruler and it credited on ebates an hour later.

I had 3 gift cards from swagbucks that I wanted to combine, so I decided to test out the ruler again. I bought a target gift card with my 3 target gift cards from swagbucks and the wooden ruler and it credited on ebates an hour later.
Hmm it's definitley inconsistent because I placed 2 separate orders of target giftcards one with a ruler and one with erasers and neither credited. Did you choose the email option for getting the giftcards?

I have had inconsistency in whether my ebates credits also. I would say about 80% of the time it does end up crediting. I typically order some sort of school or office supply item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter