Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is better to just keep the actual gift card then?

I'm really not sure what to do. I have my Target gift cards emailed to me and then I go ahead and enter them into Target's system. I do not go through the mobile app but if I log in to the mobile app, I can see my gift cards that way. So, kinda scary...I'm not sure how to safeguard them either.

how long does it take Target to replenish the Disney gift cards? I need about $6k worth and they are all out :( lol

how long does it take Target to replenish the Disney gift cards? I need about $6k worth and they are all out :( lol
How soon do you need them? I noticed one day they were out and the next morning they had 100s in but it did not last long. They seem to come back frequently so check often :) I was down to needing only 150.00 worth so I just got a Target gift card for 6.4% off on Raise and loaded it onto my Target app to buy them in store so I got more than 5% than I would have gotten with Red Card. I need to be able to book fast passes next week and am using them to buy our annual passes. Good luck!

How soon do you need them? I noticed one day they were out and the next morning they had 100s in but it did not last long. They seem to come back frequently so check often :) I was down to needing only 150.00 worth so I just got a Target gift card for 6.4% off on Raise and loaded it onto my Target app to buy them in store so I got more than 5% than I would have gotten with Red Card. I need to be able to book fast passes next week and am using them to buy our annual passes. Good luck!

We are booking fast passes at 11pm tonight!

Yeah I need to buy about 6k worth of Disney cards. I was about to buy all those 2k target cards at 6% off but then saw target was out and wasn't sure what to do.

So how do you use the red card in the store but pay with the gift card?

You don't - it's one or the other. You can only use both together if you order online.

That's what I've been doing, online. I got a few grand worth totally about 11% discount but then they ran out today Lol.. I will keep checking, I have until February 11 to pay in full so I still have a couple weeks. I'm buying an additional 2k for at the resort to cover food and other purchases too. If it all works I should be saving about 900.00 plus the 1.5% rewards on the visa I used to buy the cards off raise! . Not bad for just finding out about raise.com lol.

Previously I would go into target and use my card to save only 5%. So I'm pretty stoked.

Just FYI, a few people on slickdeals posted that the Target gift cards they had stored in the mobile app were drained. And apparently, there are other places online where people are posting about this happening.

So is this from buying Target GCs on Raise (or the like) and not immediately using them to purchase a different Target GCs? Or does it seem the Target App was compromised? I have had wiggy things happen with Target.com, like saying I am entering the wrong password and I know it's right. I was directed to my email to change my password but when I followed the link there was a security issue/warning. Thanks for the heads up!

So is this from buying Target GCs on Raise (or the like) and not immediately using them to purchase a different Target GCs? Or does it seem the Target App was compromised? I have had wiggy things happen with Target.com, like saying I am entering the wrong password and I know it's right. I was directed to my email to change my password but when I followed the link there was a security issue/warning. Thanks for the heads up!

I think some are those buying from Raise or other resellers but some are people who have bought directly from Target...like on 12/20 when the Target gift cards were 10% off...so no one should have had the numbers to drain the cards. I also have had wiggy things happen when using Target's website, and I am sure we all remember their big hack a couple of years ago. All the experiences I have seen about this have been from those using the Target app. Sad thing is, one person posted on slickdeals that Target would not reissue the funds and just told them to contact their local police.

Anyone know?

I don't think there is any method to their madness. There were a lot of promos in the time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know that there are normally that many offered. But keep in mind, we are in a redemption time period so I would not expect to have an ebucks promo. Just my thought though I could be wrong.

I did this Saturday for the first time and I got credit for 1 order with a ruler and not the rest. I am wondering if Target drops the referral tracking after this first order and that is why I didn't get credit. Next time I am going to try returning to EBates after each order and opening a new shopping trip.
When I bought my target cards back before Christmas, with the the 10% off deal, I separated my cards in to two transactions, each $300. I opened ebates for the first one, and saw the credit pretty quick and then put thru the other $300 order and it didn't give me anything at ebates. I decided to cancel that second order and purchase again. And, I ended up clicking on target link thru ebates again, and I did get that order credited. I have since read that if you use ebates for the first order you place and want to place another order, you should go thru ebates again with the next order. So, for each Target order thru ebates open a new Target link. So, looks like you've got the right idea, ColinBlair!

Have you tried putting something in your cart? If you do that you can see if the eBay bucks show up, it usually says "you will earn $X in eBay bucks for this purchase." Then at least you can see if you are signed up properly. I just opened another eBay account last week, signed up and that's what I saw when I made my first purchase. I'm waiting to see if I get the promos like I did on my other account. I'm not sure when they will offer them again, someone a few pages back said that they often don't offer them in the same month that the eBay bucks vouchers are distributed, which was just last week. So, I think we will have to watch for the promo in Feb.

I did get some ebay bucks promos in nov and dec, but first, I was on my Disney trip in Dec(yay!), and I didn't have any ebay cards and didn't understand how it worked at all so I didn't get to take advantage of those. I hope they still send me a promo again next time even though I didn't use the ones they've sent already. But, now I'm all set for hopefully getting a 4x, 5x promo, hopefully in Feb!

When I bought my target cards back before Christmas, with the the 10% off deal, I separated my cards in to two transactions, each $300. I opened ebates for the first one, and saw the credit pretty quick and then put thru the other $300 order and it didn't give me anything at ebates. I decided to cancel that second order and purchase again. And, I ended up clicking on target link thru ebates again, and I did get that order credited. I have since read that if you use ebates for the first order you place and want to place another order, you should go thru ebates again with the next order. So, for each Target order thru ebates open a new Target link. So, looks like you've got the right idea, ColinBlair!

I did get some ebay bucks promos in nov and dec, but first, I was on my Disney trip in Dec(yay!), and I didn't have any ebay cards and didn't understand how it worked at all so I didn't get to take advantage of those. I hope they still send me a promo again next time even though I didn't use the ones they've sent already. But, now I'm all set for hopefully getting a 4x, 5x promo, hopefully in Feb!

Do they invite you through email?

We are booking fast passes at 11pm tonight!

Yeah I need to buy about 6k worth of Disney cards. I was about to buy all those 2k target cards at 6% off but then saw target was out and wasn't sure what to do.

So how do you use the red card in the store but pay with the gift card?
No, I just paid with the gift card. The gift card I got was 6.4% off so that discount was better than the 5% I would have gotten with only using the red card.

what about this? I see a 200.00 ebay e-gift card for 195.00.... if I had purchased an ebay gc at target would they let me purchase this with the target (ebay) gc?

Today I made a purchase from target.com. Used my Redcard as my payment option. NO GC were in my cart. At check out.... no 5% discount. Before I finalized, I entered a "chat" with customer service rep. Rep was able to view my cart and couldn't figure out why the discount had not been given. Said it happens some times. A "technical issue" (his words). So I'm wondering if some of the reports of "target.com no longer gives 5% off of gift card purchases" have nothing to do with buying GC, but rather are attributable to this "technical issue" that apparently pops up randomly.
The chat rep said he was going to adjust my order to include the 5% but so far everything that's been emailed to me do not show this adjustment. Fortunately my item was under $10 so I'm not fretting over it but just wanted to give a heads up that this happens.

I just made 2 purchases last night for GCs and got the redcard discount. 700 in Southwest GCs and 600 in Ebay GCs.

Only managed to get ebates on one of them. This usually happens when I make a purchase near the other. I think Ebates thinks they are duplicates and only pays one.

Yes, totally addicting and very confusing :-) You should have seen me trying to explain all this to my neighbor friend last weekend. They go to Disney every other year, just buy tickets at the gate, never use FP, always go at high crowd times....I'm sure she thinks I am a nut lol...!

And we think she is nuts. People at opposite ends of the spectrum just can't see the others point of view for some reason.

Disney cards in stock! Just purchased a bunch, got my 5% and I think I got ebates w/ Up & Up glue. (The button indicated I would get ~$10 back... fingers crossed it goes through)

Yep, Jen, I get it! This was me...I've tried to explain this a couple of times to friends & family and I realized after the fact, I pretty much sound certifiable. Oh well, even my dh who gets it all...was listening to me trying to explain to my neighbor friend, and I am sure I sounded nutty to him also. He is ever so grateful for this nuttiness though...

I get it as well and needed the spreadsheet to keep track. And my wife thinks I am nuts.

It is just too bad that we have an ebay GC spend limit of $5,000. I could pay for vacations for years to come without spending another dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter