Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.. I was thinking of purchasing Landry gift cards with my target ones. In target..Landrys is an e gift card...which always makes me nervous for some reason. Anyway, can I call and check the balance just liked I would on a physical gift card?
You can magically check the balance online at the Landry website.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not with the "magically" ..But thank you. I missed that option on the website

Has anyone had problems paying their balance with Disney gift cards? It seems my TA is always having issues.

I know that when we were paying ours with gift cards online, it NEVER worked. I received a lot of $50 Disney gift cards from our wedding showers and had to call Disney and have them do each one one at a time. I felt bad, but I don't know why the website wouldn't work correctly. I think it must be something to do with paying off certain amounts instead of the whole thing. I know that there were several times I'd try to go on and pay a couple hundred dollars with our credit card and it wouldn't take it as well (no other issues with the credit card, worked fine when I paid in full).

question..how long has it taken you to receive your Cardpool gift cards. I have purchased in the past and I got it within 15 minutes. With raise and giftcardzen..I also got it within 15 minutes. It does say it could take one business day..but you always get nervous with these things. I bought a higher amount because I had a pretty good deal.

I don't know if this has been said...but Cardpool will send you a promo code. I am signed up with them and I constantly was checking to see what percentage they were at. I would add cards to my cart but then just exit out because I decided I wanted to wait. After a few times of doing this , I got an email saying they noticed I have put them in my cart but not bought and gave me a code for an extra 5% off. So the cards were still at 7% ..that did it! I purchased with my code right away..

question..how long has it taken you to receive your Cardpool gift cards. I have purchased in the past and I got it within 15 minutes. With raise and giftcardzen..I also got it within 15 minutes. It does say it could take one business day..but you always get nervous with these things. I bought a higher amount because I had a pretty good deal.

I don't know if this has been said...but Cardpool will send you a promo code. I am signed up with them and I constantly was checking to see what percentage they were at. I would add cards to my cart but then just exit out because I decided I wanted to wait. After a few times of doing this , I got an email saying they noticed I have put them in my cart but not bought and gave me a code for an extra 5% off. So the cards were still at 7% ..that did it! I purchased with my code right away..

Might be that someone else bought the card you had in your cart while you were away. This happens sometimes. Hopefully they will let you re-purchase with the same discount.

Has anyone purchased Disney Gift Cards from Target .com in the last few weeks? I just went in & the site is charging me tax.

I've never paid tax before... just did $2300 in Disney Gift Cards last month.

Has anyone purchased Disney Gift Cards from Target .com in the last few weeks? I just went in & the site is charging me tax.

Read some of the comments upthread. This has been happening in a random manner for a number of people. The added tax will magically disappear in a matter of hours if you try again. Calling Target customer service is pretty much useless because they will insist that tax must be collected when a GC is purchased.

I think my earlier post was confusing. I was trying to give a tip about getting a code for carpool for an extra 5% off..which is separate from my current issue.

I was also wondering what others experience is with cardpool. Last time I oyr hased I got it in 5 minutes. I irdered gift cards yesterday and havent rec eived them yet. I paid and got a confirmation

Read some of the comments upthread. This has been happening in a random manner for a number of people. The added tax will magically disappear in a matter of hours if you try again. Calling Target customer service is pretty much useless because they will insist that tax must be collected when a GC is purchased.

I just has this same issue. Had bought cards with no sales tax (as it's supposed to be), then sales tax started showing up. And yes, customer service was useless. Good to know it will eventually go away if I keep checking back.

So, I'm trying out the method I saw listed somewhere on here (to buy target GC's through Raise.com, then use the Target GC's to buy Disney GC's on the Target.com site) - since we have a cruise to pay off at the end of next month and also wanted a few cards for food and souvenirs for our Disneyland trip in a few weeks.

I'm limiting the amount I buy from raise.com to around $280 per transaction, then going on and automatically purchasing the Disney Gift Cards from Target (just to make sure that the Target GC's are good and to redeem them asap)... I was able to do this last night and get the 5% off using the Target GC's to pay for the Disney GC's, but today when I go on Target.com, I get the 5% off, but my orders keep showing up with tax... Seeing as how other people have had this problem, I'm wondering if there is some sort of time limit between orders or something (like after 24hrs, the system resets)?

I also noticed that yesterday, the limit was 3 $100 Disney GC's or 5 $50 Disney GC's - so I went with the 3 $100 cards so that I could have the larger GC's for when I need to load them up to my DVA. But then today, even though I was having the problem with the tax, there was not a limit to how many Disney GC's I could add to my order - at one point I put 8 $100 cards and 8 $50 cards into my cart and didn't received any error messages, but the tax was still showing up...
So, I'm going to be patient (or at least try to be :badpc:) and check at the end of the work day (about 24hrs from when I ordered yesterday) and see if it fixes itself...

But has anyone else noticed it clearing the tax off after a certain time? I'm just curious about my 24 hr theory...

I'm limiting the amount I buy from raise.com to around $280 per transaction, then going on and automatically purchasing the Disney Gift Cards from Target (just to make sure that the Target GC's are good and to redeem them asap)

Does this happen a lot where the card isn't any good? Does raise have some kind of guarantee that the cards have to be good when they go up for sale? I have a target gift card to transfer the balance onto immediately but want to make sure what I am getting into here. ;)

Does this happen a lot where the card isn't any good? Does raise have some kind of guarantee that the cards have to be good when they go up for sale? I have a target gift card to transfer the balance onto immediately but want to make sure what I am getting into here. ;)

I researched the Raise.com website before I signed up and bought any cards, and I am very satisfied with their level of security, but I still don't want to chance it - some folks had horror stories of buying cards from different GC websites and then when they went to redeem them, the balance was zero.

I like your idea of transferring it to another Target GC that you already have in your possession, that way you have ultimate control over the funds! :thumbsup2

It can happen, but it has never happened to me (I buy and either use immediately or transfer to a card purchased direct from Target). Raise and the other discount GC sites do stand behind the purchase, but it can take time for them to research and give you a refund. I would recommend using a credit card (not debit) to purchase through the GC sites so that you have the option of appealing to your CC company if the cards you buy don't work.

Has anyone had problems paying their balance with Disney gift cards? It seems my TA is always having issues.

I know that when we were paying ours with gift cards online, it NEVER worked. I received a lot of $50 Disney gift cards from our wedding showers and had to call Disney and have them do each one one at a time. I felt bad, but I don't know why the website wouldn't work correctly. I think it must be something to do with paying off certain amounts instead of the whole thing. I know that there were several times I'd try to go on and pay a couple hundred dollars with our credit card and it wouldn't take it as well (no other issues with the credit card, worked fine when I paid in full).
I have never had problems paying on my Disney vacation with Disney gc on line. It takes some time adding the $50 gc one at a time but I'm patient. I like seeing my balance dwindle down :)

On another note, we went to DL/DCA Dec 2013 and I wasn't able to pay on my account using gcs there. :(

This might just be my circumstance, but I have had the same AAA travel agent for all 3 of our Disney trips. And in order to help pay for our trips, my fiance' and I would often give each other gift cards for events and holidays, and sometimes when we had some extra $$$ we'd buy them and add to the pile. What I did last time, was send my TA 2 emails. The first was a list of the gift card denominations & card numbers and in the 2nd was security numbers. It might not be til the next day when I get the AAA confirmation update, but it made it easier for both of us; Instead of me, 1 by 1 rattling off all of the card info to her.

I don't know if you guys would be able to do something like this. But it's something to look into.

This might just be my circumstance, but I have had the same AAA travel agent for all 3 of our Disney trips. And in order to help pay for our trips, my fiance' and I would often give each other gift cards for events and holidays, and sometimes when we had some extra $$$ we'd buy them and add to the pile. What I did last time, was send my TA 2 emails. The first was a list of the gift card denominations & card numbers and in the 2nd was security numbers. It might not be til the next day when I get the AAA confirmation update, but it made it easier for both of us; Instead of me, 1 by 1 rattling off all of the card info to her.

I don't know if you guys would be able to do something like this. But it's something to look into.

Thanks for the tip! Out of curiosity, did you find AAA helped you save any money? We are AAA members, but when I did an online quote for our last trip, it was the exact same price as Disney's website down to the penny. :confused3

I have never had problems paying on my Disney vacation with Disney gc on line. It takes some time adding the $50 gc one at a time but I'm patient. I like seeing my balance dwindle down :)

On another note, we went to DL/DCA Dec 2013 and I wasn't able to pay on my account using gcs there. :(
I was hoping to do this myself. For our first WDW trip, I'm hoping to reserve a package and make that initial $200.00 deposit. Then get GCs and put them to our balance online. And when we make our 45 day mark, I would just pay off the balance. I'm glad I got confirmation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter