Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
GET THOSE HAPPY CARDS READY! As I predicted, Bed Bath & Beyond will be running their gift card promotion again this year although a few terms have changed. This year if you buy $100 or more in gift cards, you get a $15 BBB gift card via rebate (last year it was $10 rebate for buying $50 in gift cards). Also, there is a limit of 1 per household so hopefully you are still on speaking terms with your mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cat, dog, etc. and can send additional rebates to their houses. (last year the limit was 10). And it only runs for 11 days from 12/14 - 12/24. (last year it ran for 2 and a half weeks).

A couple of other notes:

1) You can use many happy cards at BBB; however, many BBB's have cashiers and managers that will prohibit it. During the first week of November, I did a trial and at the first BBB, the cashier immediately said NO as soon as she saw the happy card (she intensely watched as I ran the card and then cancelled the transaction) so I went to a 2nd BBB and there the cashier ran it with no issue.

2) If you bought the $50 happy cards on sale at Kroger a few weeks ago, the only way you can use them for this promotion is to do a split transaction. While the BBB registers will allow this, you have a much better chance of getting shot down by a cashier as you call attention to yourself by doing this. So for those who are bold, go for it.

3) The language isn't clear if it has to be one gift card more than $100 or $100 or more total in gift cards. I am going to assume it is a total of $100 in gift cards since most of the gift cards sold at BBB are only $25 or $50.

Again, do not run out to BBB today to buy gift cards. The deal does not start until 12/14.

For those who were asking, Target will be having 10% off their gift cards this coming Sunday (12/8) up to $300. Again, this deal is to buy Target merchandise, NOT Disney gift cards which can not be purchased with a
Target gift card.

Woo hoo! Two questions - can you get an extra 5% off with RedCard? Also, I remember in years past there was a “waiting period” before you could use the gift cards. I don’t remember if the waiting period was short enough that the gift cards could be used along with the 20% off Black Friday coupon. Anyone remember, or (even better) know if that’ll be the case this year?

Woo hoo! Two questions - can you get an extra 5% off with RedCard? Also, I remember in years past there was a “waiting period” before you could use the gift cards. I don’t remember if the waiting period was short enough that the gift cards could be used along with the 20% off Black Friday coupon. Anyone remember, or (even better) know if that’ll be the case this year?

1) I do not believe you get 5% off with a redcard, so you are better off using another credit card (like the citi double cash)

2) The gift card won't be active until the next day (12/9) at 10AM Central Time.

No you never get a red card discount on target gift cards.

Can someone explain Fetch Rewards to me? I keep seeing it mentioned on this thread and others and I've never heard of it.
It's a receipt app - you buy certain brands and upload your receipt to the app for points. They also introduced Fetch Pay where you get points for buying GCs within the app (but you can only use checking account/debit, no CCs). And they have a prescription drug coupon service, through singlecare, where you earn points for prescriptions filled using the coupon code.

You then turn your points into GCs. Disney is not a direct option but Walmart is and for a few more points they have virtual Visa/MCs. Receipt Hog is/was a similar app; can't think of the other popular one. Fetch accepts receipts from grocery, warehouse, mass-market, convenience, pet and home improvement stores.

I just bought my Disney Gift Cards. I got 7% off the $100 denominated cards from BJ's + 3% cash back from my credit card. 9.79% discount, I'll take it.
was the 7% off in store? I don't see it online
on Friday 11/29 bought some $500 online with 6% off & also addl. cash back from cc, they were delivered this morning

Super excited! I just got a flyer in the mail for DVC with a promo for a free $25 gift card. I was on the phone for maybe 10 mins at the most and I should have my GC in about 2 days.
Congrats! We get random DVC mail periodically and I always walk back from the mailbox hoping it's an offer like that...but it never is :(

Super excited! I just got a flyer in the mail for DVC with a promo for a free $25 gift card. I was on the phone for maybe 10 mins at the most and I should have my GC in about 2 days.

I received something too, however didn’t pay much attention to it. Trying to decide if I want to dig it out of the trashcan! lol!

Also, there is a limit of 1 per household so hopefully you are still on speaking terms with your mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cat, dog, etc. and can send additional rebates to their houses. (last year the limit was 10).
Do you have to use different forms of payment or just different addresses on the rebates?

Also, is it a true BBB gc or store credit? I don’t have any problems doing gc to gc at my BBB but it definitely doesn’t work with store credit.

I’m usually just a lurker. I miss the days of flipping eBay and Target.

It was worth it to me! I was expecting to be on the phone a lot longer than I was. They were very nice and not pushy at all.

Glad you were able to snag that freebie! I glanced in the the trash and decided it was way too icky! I need to pay more attention to my “junk” mail.:sad2:

I'm so disappointed in myself. I had a total brain fart :sad2: and forgot all about needing to buy some gift cards over black friday weekend! :( Our trip is late January. Pleeease tell me there's still hope for a good "better than normal" deal in the coming weeks. :scared:

I have the Disney Visa and got an e-mail a few years ago for a $40 GC if I did the same, they sent out a DVC package in the mail, got the GC a few weeks later. Nice to earn free (and quick) money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter