• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amex offers has $25 credit when you purchase $200 at Sam's. Of course I found it today when just yesterday I got an annual pass from them.

This is more of a Disney Gift Card rant. I have $725 on a card, and decided yesterday morning to go ahead and buy a few Disney e-gift cards from Target to add to that card's balance and bring it to an even $1k. Figured that would be enough for our trip (we leave tomorrow).

Ordered the Disney e-gift cards at 9:20am yesterday. Got emails not long after saying the cards had "shipped" to my inbox. Waited...and waited.....and...waited. Finally last evening when they hadn't arrived, I called. I was told it could take "up to 24 hours" for them to arrive in my email. Okay. So this morning at 9:30 when they still weren't there, I called again. Over an hour on the phone (most of it on hold and being transferred from place to place), I get a "gift card expert" who is friendly and she tries to help. She contacts the people responsible for sending the e-gift cards, tells me they are resent and stays on the line while I wait....and wait...and....wait. They never show up. So SHE sends me an email (which comes right through), and says if I haven't seen the cards show up by 2:30 this afternoon to reply to that email and she'll call me.

2:30 rolls around and still no e-gift cards. I reply to her email. 4:30 rolls around and I still haven't had a call from her, so I email again, this time a little irritated and asking her to please give me a call or to just go ahead and cancel the order.

It's 4:51 now. She told me that her department closes at 4:30 her time (5:30 my time). So, I have a sneaking suspicion I will not hear from her tonight. Meanwhile a $275 charge is pending on my credit card for gift cards I never received that I planned to use in Disney over the next 5 days.

I have purchased Disney e-gift cards from Target.com before without an issue, but NEVER AGAIN.

*End rant. :)

I had the same problem with the Disney e-cards and another e-gift card about a month ago. They sent me a confirmation email stating that the e-gift cards will be sent to me up to 4 hours. I didn't receive it until about 6 hours later after several calls to Target. They originally told me that it was up to 24 hours. They must be having problems with their automatic e-mail distribution.

Chatted with two Target agents. They said they working on manual resends of egiftcards. No way to cancel order. I'm out $475 who knows til when. Heading to Disneyland in an hour...sigh
There is hope! Mine finally showed up last night. One came around 6:30pm, one came about an hour later, and the last one came around 10:30pm.

I hope yours show up soon enough to use on your trip!

There is hope! Mine finally showed up last night. One came around 6:30pm, one came about an hour later, and the last one came around 10:30pm.

I hope yours show up soon enough to use on your trip!

Here's hoping!! Thanks for the update!

Just noticed this offer on my Amex card:

DETAILS
Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $75+ in one or more transactions in-store or online at select US home improvement and furnishing stores by 7/15/2019. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid on in-store and online purchases made directly with Home Depot, Lowes, Design within Reach, Rooms To Go, Raymour & Flanigan, Crate & Barrel and Restoration Hardware. Also valid on online only purchases made directly on Houzz.com, Wayfair.com and Menards.com.

Here's hoping!! Thanks for the update!

I'm in the same situation with Target...ordered a gift card yesterday, received order confirmation email and 1 hour later received email that order was send but have yet to receive gift card. Yesterday CS opened a ticket but stated they are currently having issues emailing the cards.

Question for the Pros

I have an Am Ex offer "Madewell, Spend $100, get $20 Back Exp. 6/23/19"
RMN has an offer "$20 off $100 Purchase for PayPal members"

If I add my Am Ex card to Paypal and check out through Paypal will I get $40?

Just noticed this offer on my Amex card:

DETAILS
Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $75+ in one or more transactions in-store or online at select US home improvement and furnishing stores by 7/15/2019. See terms for exclusions.
Mine doesn't have that offer. Darn. Have the Blue Cash Preferred. Great for grocery shopping but useless for offers.

I'm in the same situation with Target...ordered a gift card yesterday, received order confirmation email and 1 hour later received email that order was send but have yet to receive gift card. Yesterday CS opened a ticket but stated they are currently having issues emailing the cards.

Update: Finally received gift card today a few hours after calling Target asking for escalation on my ticket.

Update: Finally received gift card today a few hours after calling Target asking for escalation on my ticket.
Thanks for the update! I purchased my gift card yesterday morning. I called and they said they were experiencing issues and it should be emailed within 24 hours...yea still have yet to receive it :(. Guess I'll be calling Target tomorrow.

This is more of a Disney Gift Card rant. I have $725 on a card, and decided yesterday morning to go ahead and buy a few Disney e-gift cards from Target to add to that card's balance and bring it to an even $1k. Figured that would be enough for our trip (we leave tomorrow).

Ordered the Disney e-gift cards at 9:20am yesterday. Got emails not long after saying the cards had "shipped" to my inbox. Waited...and waited.....and...waited. Finally last evening when they hadn't arrived, I called. I was told it could take "up to 24 hours" for them to arrive in my email. Okay. So this morning at 9:30 when they still weren't there, I called again. Over an hour on the phone (most of it on hold and being transferred from place to place), I get a "gift card expert" who is friendly and she tries to help. She contacts the people responsible for sending the e-gift cards, tells me they are resent and stays on the line while I wait....and wait...and....wait. They never show up. So SHE sends me an email (which comes right through), and says if I haven't seen the cards show up by 2:30 this afternoon to reply to that email and she'll call me.

2:30 rolls around and still no e-gift cards. I reply to her email. 4:30 rolls around and I still haven't had a call from her, so I email again, this time a little irritated and asking her to please give me a call or to just go ahead and cancel the order.

It's 4:51 now. She told me that her department closes at 4:30 her time (5:30 my time). So, I have a sneaking suspicion I will not hear from her tonight. Meanwhile a $275 charge is pending on my credit card for gift cards I never received that I planned to use in Disney over the next 5 days.

I have purchased Disney e-gift cards from Target.com before without an issue, but NEVER AGAIN.

*End rant. :)

I wrote about this issue with target in this forum around 7 months ago:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/post-59981094

The long and short of it is that these gift cards are not really being sent by Target, it is outsourced to a 3rd party company. So when there is an issue someone at Target has to contact the other company and it can take days and many hours on the phone to get it resolved.

To finish up what I said in the last post, after 5 days of calling target and getting the same runaround as others (wait 24 hours, call again, we will resend it, etc.) I finally got someone at Target who said the 3rd party company they use for the gift cards (I can't remember if it was Blackhawk or giftcardmall) has a way of resending the egift cards from a different email address that they usually use in situations like this. They did that, and I got the gift card in my email a few hours later (but 5 days after I had ordered it).

So for anyone still having this problem, the next time you call target you might want to ask them if they can try this.

Hey everyone! Can you tell me if there is currently any gift card deals at Kroger? I usually ignore the posts about Kroger since there are none near me. However, we are vacationing in Myrtle Beach at the end of July and have a Kroger there. Hoping I can score some good deals there.
Thanks in advance!

I think this is a good reminder to everyone to have a backup plan in place, since there is a much better chance in the near future that stores will start banning the use of happy cards for gift card purchase or even have the register deny it, now that the happy terms clearly say that you can't use these on gift cards. Similar to what happened with Swagbucks at Best Buy where they eventually coded it to stop working on gift cards.

A backup plan means don't stock up on too many of these at one time and have an alternate store to spend the money at in the event you can't use it to buy gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter