Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head up to anyone doing the gift card deal at stop &shop.
The amazon cards are not working at my s&s. I needed to buy 4 and after the first one didn’t print, I went to the customer service desk and the guy just gave me $15 in cash. I had the other 3 cards in my hand and he did a second one and that one didn’t print either so he gave me another $15 in cash.
He did the last 2 together and gave me another $30.
I’m thrilled to have $60 in cash vs 4 $15 coupons that expire but am a little concerned to go buy more tomorrow. Hopefully, it’s just the amazon cards that aren’t coded correctly.

So excited I get to plan our last minute grad trip for my brother going off to college. Everyone wants to do MK and Uni but that’s pushing it with our budget.

The good thing is I can try with this thread for Disney deals and Uni offers half day tickets to large groups. I’m going to get a credit card and just buy the Disney gift cards myself when deals pop up in this thread and they can pay me back for the tickets. Plus get the credit card signup bonus. I’m not worried about getting stuck with a large amount of DGC if we decide on just doing Uni. I’m doing the monthly Disney Wisdom collection, plan on buying a large american tourister, plus 3 day Disneyland ticket and a cruise.

There’s 20 people plus 2 toddlers. I need about $2500 in gift cards. My goal is to give everyone a flat rate of at least $100 each. The ticket price for our week is $125 for adults $120 for children. Our trip is next month so hopefully some good Happy deals come up.
Gift card deals are fewer and farther between these days but credit card deals are going nicely. Have you checked out the i love credit cards thread? If you have no credit card debt this will be the best way to get the discount you want. If you want to pop in on the thread just skip to the end and write a post with:
-what your goal is
-what credit cards you have been approved for in the last 24 months and what months were they approved
-what credit cards do you currently hold
-do you have a significant other who will do this with you
-do you have a business
-how much will you spend on credit cards are you going to be doing

The group there might be able to make some credit card suggestions that you haven’t thought about that will get you to your goals :)

My Stop & Shop only had 1 Disney gc today. A little bummed and considered picking up a few happy guy cards. There is still time so I will check back a few times before the promo ends.

My Stop & Shop only had 1 Disney gc today. A little bummed and considered picking up a few happy guy cards. There is still time so I will check back a few times before the promo ends.
No guarantees but hey almost always run this promo for 2 weeks. Don’t forget to check where the greeting cards are and at the checkouts.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer Walmart e-gifts to a physical gift card? Or if I can add them all to the Walmart app and then transfer it to a physical gift card? TIA
I used a wm e-giftcard in the app to purchase a physical wm card along with some other stuff, but it was many months ago and required an override at the register. I haven't tried it recently.

Haha. My store in Connecticut had a whole row. Don’t forget to check the greeting card aisle and the checkout area. It may be frowned upon but you could always grab them from a different store and activate them at Stop & Shop Too.

I was at another grocery store this morning that had plenty of Disney gc where you can put your own $. I can now take these gc to S&S and activate $100 on each gift card at s&s? never thought to do this going to give it a try tonight

Head up to anyone doing the gift card deal at stop &shop.
The amazon cards are not working at my s&s. I needed to buy 4 and after the first one didn’t print, I went to the customer service desk and the guy just gave me $15 in cash. I had the other 3 cards in my hand and he did a second one and that one didn’t print either so he gave me another $15 in cash.
He did the last 2 together and gave me another $30.
I’m thrilled to have $60 in cash vs 4 $15 coupons that expire but am a little concerned to go buy more tomorrow. Hopefully, it’s just the amazon cards that aren’t co

last night this happened when I was trying to activate 2 $50 dis gc at S&S, they only had eight $50 the first 4 it worked and my two coupons printed 3rd time it did not, i think the customer service guy did not scan my s&s card, he gave me $15 cash next 2 it worked again with coupon

you can ask customer service to check for more gc, sometimes they are stocked behind the main display,

thanks for all your help,

sorry I can not figure out how to reply to more then one post, in the same response like other people do,
can any one tell me?

Has anyone done the Safeway deal, where you get a $15 coupon for your next trip?
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/safe...giftcards-get-15-off-your-next-grocery-order/
I'm curious what dates the coupon would be good for...

Did anyone notice how DoC changed the title, the ad clearly states "Get $15 off You Next Grocery Purchase" and DoC wrote "Get $15 off You Next Grocery Order". Seeing how you can order groceries online for pick up that can be confusing especially since they charge for that service. Just me with words, no biggie.

The other thing I noticed was recently Kroger had a promotion "Buy $250, get $15 off Lowe's GC" In that he wrote "use a credit card with high earnings like Freedom 5% grocery", unfortunately this was incorrect. Kroger's link was to gift card mall which does not earn 5% in groceries.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer Walmart e-gifts to a physical gift card? Or if I can add them all to the Walmart app and then transfer it to a physical gift card? TIA
My last experience was in Jul/Aug so it could have changed, but I was able to do it at a self checkout that had a handscanner for payment as that's needed to scan the eGC barcodes in my experience. I had pushback from a CSR when I asked to combine so I could order something online, but the system allowed it without a problem then.

Haha. My store in Connecticut had a whole row. Don’t forget to check the greeting card aisle and the checkout area. It may be frowned upon but you could always grab them from a different store and activate them at Stop & Shop Too.
I just tried to activate a card from another store at S&S it did not work. Lady at customer service said it was not in the system, and threw it out. now I have nine others, that I will hang onto until the original store has an incentive. Was able to buy $400 more but in 50's

I thought that maybe we could start a thread where everyone can post the deals that they are finding on Disney gift cards. I have not seen any in my area, but I would love to know if there are any around. Please post where you live, the store, and what the deal is. I know the Target 5% is the big one, but I know that some grocery stores have some too.

Thanks! This should help everyone to save a little extra :thumbsup2
Does the target 5% red card apply to gift cards as well? I didn’t think it did. BJs had ~8% savings last year and with a 2% cash back on CC total savings was ~10%

Does the target 5% red card apply to gift cards as well? I didn’t think it did. BJs had ~8% savings last year and with a 2% cash back on CC total savings was ~10%

Yes, Red Card discounts apply to gift cards. Sometimes you can get a cash back portal to work to stack your discount, though YMMV as they usually exclude gift cards in the terms of their offer (while working in practice). Several people have reported success going through Retail Me Not at Target to add a few percentage points to their Red Card purchases. Currently, it looks like RMN is offering 3% back at Target.

I just tried to activate a card from another store at S&S it did not work. Lady at customer service said it was not in the system, and threw it out. now I have nine others, that I will hang onto until the original store has an incentive. Was able to buy $400 more but in 50's
I’m sorry. That stinks. All of the grocery stores in my area only carry the loadable Disney cards up to $500. No $25 or $50’s that I have seen, maybe that makes a difference.

I’m sorry. That stinks. All of the grocery stores in my area only carry the loadable Disney cards up to $500. No $25 or $50’s that I have seen, maybe that makes a difference.

The grocery stores near me have variable load Disney, but when I do self-check out at Home Depot with Happy Guy cards, I always get the $50. I believe you can only do self check out with the ones that have predetermined amounts, not the variable load ones.

I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to "get" cards from one store and bring them to another for activation.

Is this a Disney Alaskan cruise? That is one cruise that is on my bucket list!

Disneygiftcard.com You can combine gift cards up to $1000 onto one card and you can have up to 5 cards on their website at a time. I take my combined gift cards then pay off my debt at the front desk with my gift cards but you cannot use your gift card as a "credit card" to pay future debt. What you CAN do is put a cc on file (you will have an initial $100 hold on your cc) then every few days go to the front desk and pay off debt as you accumulate it. THAT you can pay with your gift card!
You mentioned that they allow you to pay your cc bal. that’s linked to your room acct at the front desk with gift cards. Is this so that you can use your Magicband to pay - a little more convenient than paying with the giftcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter