• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean if I use my Target credit card to buy the Disney Gift Cards I will pay full price for the gift card? Was I wrong to assume that if I purchased the Disney gc using my Target cc I was going to pay at a discount of 5%.? Forgive me, new to this gc issue! Sorry.

I keep seeing it being tossed around that you can use Disney Store merch credits to buy park tickets. Has anyone actually confirmed this is now allowed? It wasn't in the past and the store credit I just got from cardcash excludes using for park tickets (fine print on back of card).

I've been waiting for that answer too. The not so fine print says it cannot be used on theme park tickets. Someone else said it cannot be used at World of Disney. So, if that's the case, merch credits are essentially useless. At least on property.

Does that mean if I use my Target credit card to buy the Disney Gift Cards I will pay full price for the gift card? Was I wrong to assume that if I purchased the Disney gc using my Target cc I was going to pay at a discount of 5%.? Forgive me, new to this gc issue! Sorry.
You still get the 5% off using your RedCard.

How do you combine several gift cards into one card? And can they be used anywhere in Disneyworld? How about applied as your credit card when you check in? Thanks

Disneygiftcard.com You can combine gift cards up to $1000 onto one card and you can have up to 5 cards on their website at a time. I take my combined gift cards then pay off my debt at the front desk with my gift cards but you cannot use your gift card as a "credit card" to pay future debt. What you CAN do is put a cc on file (you will have an initial $100 hold on your cc) then every few days go to the front desk and pay off debt as you accumulate it. THAT you can pay with your gift card!

After combining your DGC into $1,000 (A, B, C...) keep a record of where and when it is used. Yes, like a spread sheet. Keep a few blank cards, marked $0 balance with you too. If you loose your cards you can upload them and transfer money onto it. Also it's a great idea to keep (A, B, C...) until after your trip is complete. If you get refunded that money will go back to the card used.

I've been waiting for that answer too. The not so fine print says it cannot be used on theme park tickets. Someone else said it cannot be used at World of Disney. So, if that's the case, merch credits are essentially useless. At least on property.
Right. That has always been the case with merch credits. We can use ours in store but unless someone can confirm you can use these for park tickets now, people need to be cautious buying Disney gc from reseller sites. They are almost always merch credits.

Is this a Disney Alaskan cruise? That is one cruise that is on my bucket list!

Yes DCL, each excursion that we are doing is $160 - $500 per person, 4 of us - myself, my 80yr Aunt DS19 DD21 only my aunt has been to Alaska
(DH, DS19 & DS15 not going, 2 kids have no interest in going anywhere cold, I have tried for 2yrs, Aunt wants to go again, b/f she can't travel anymore)
we usually stick with Disney excursions, unless its a place we have been to before, this time my kids are going on two excursions without a parent, feel safer having them stick with dcl
$5000 will barely cover excursions, tastings, spa for aunt, palo, as I type, have to refigure all this think my $ is low
already paid for tips with gc

Disneygiftcard.com You can combine gift cards up to $1000 onto one card and you can have up to 5 cards on their website at a time. I take my combined gift cards then pay off my debt at the front desk with my gift cards but you cannot use your gift card as a "credit card" to pay future debt. What you CAN do is put a cc on file (you will have an initial $100 hold on your cc) then every few days go to the front desk and pay off debt as you accumulate it. THAT you can pay with your gift card!

You can add gc at any time on board, last cruise I added the first night, it basically is a running credit, however if u do not use all it will go back on a gc, so have to save the actual card.
what I am trying to say is you don't have to have charges/debt in order to put gc on your onboard acct. You can also add gc prior to getting on ship.
You will still have to have a credit card on file

Question about the Amex happy card cash back deal. I just got an amex card so I am trying it. I applied the offer and then ordered the card. Does the cash back come in form of a statement credit or what? I look at my account online and the only thing I see is how much I've earned toward extra bonus points.

this stop & shop deal is thru 6/17 and $15 coupon is good until 6/24 check back at s&s the cards do get restocked
since s&s is my regular grocery store, I buy the gc's first then shop, I will divide my grocery's and pay for them in more then one transaction to use coupons .
just reading the fine print on my receipt for $15 coupon states "Limit one coupon per customer per transaction. Limit 10 offers per household"
basically can buy $1000 worth of gc and get $150 worth of grocery coupons, great deal! also can get another s&s loyalty card and can buy more. :thanks:
When they have this deal last year I bought well over 10 and the $15 printed every time. I don’t remember the exact amount but if I had to guess, I bought 40 over the 2 weeks.
The biggest problem was finding enough grocery stuff to stock up on that was on sale and splitting up the transactions.
I have only bought 4 so far but will report back if I pass 10 before Thursday.

Question about the Amex happy card cash back deal. I just got an amex card so I am trying it. I applied the offer and then ordered the card. Does the cash back come in form of a statement credit or what? I look at my account online and the only thing I see is how much I've earned toward extra bonus points.
First, know it can take days to weeks for the credit to post. I had the happy card offer on one of my dh’s cards and on one of mine. His credited within days of the charge posting. Mine took 4 weeks!

Second, is your offer for money back, as in $15 off $100 or is it in the form of points, as in 1500MR with $100 purchase? If $15 off, you will get a credit and only pay $100. If you are earning points, you will pay $100 but earn 1500 MR on the purchase.

First, know it can take days to weeks for the credit to post. I had the happy card offer on one of my dh’s cards and on one of mine. His credited within days of the charge posting. Mine took 4 weeks!

Second, is your offer for money back, as in $15 off $100 or is it in the form of points, as in 1500MR with $100 purchase? If $15 off, you will get a credit and only pay $100. If you are earning points, you will pay $100 but earn 1500 MR on the purchase.

It said $15 off $100. I was charged $100 and no credit yet so I was just wondering. Thank you!

Mine posted after about a week. Before my card even got here!

Speaking of Happy Guy cards... my Home Depot had variable load Disney for the first time in place of the $25 cards. I did one at self check-out but it triggered the clerk to come over and have to scan their badge to type in the variable amount. She was fine with it and left before I paid but FYI. My HD is still fine with buying $100 in gift cards at self check-out with requiring a clerk to check anything (had another Happy Guy so did that one with 2 $50 no issues).

I did the offer and right now my Amex account shows the purchase (5/29) and the credit (5/30).

So excited I get to plan our last minute grad trip for my brother going off to college. Everyone wants to do MK and Uni but that’s pushing it with our budget.

The good thing is I can try with this thread for Disney deals and Uni offers half day tickets to large groups. I’m going to get a credit card and just buy the Disney gift cards myself when deals pop up in this thread and they can pay me back for the tickets. Plus get the credit card signup bonus. I’m not worried about getting stuck with a large amount of DGC if we decide on just doing Uni. I’m doing the monthly Disney Wisdom collection, plan on buying a large american tourister, plus 3 day Disneyland ticket and a cruise.

There’s 20 people plus 2 toddlers. I need about $2500 in gift cards. My goal is to give everyone a flat rate of at least $100 each. The ticket price for our week is $125 for adults $120 for children. Our trip is next month so hopefully some good Happy deals come up.

You can add gc at any time on board, last cruise I added the first night, it basically is a running credit, however if u do not use all it will go back on a gc, so have to save the actual card.
what I am trying to say is you don't have to have charges/debt in order to put gc on your onboard acct. You can also add gc prior to getting on ship.
You will still have to have a credit card on file

Yeah DCL is good like that. Unfortunately the resorts on land don't do that anymore, so @ksromack 's response to the other poster who seemed to be asking about WDW was correct for WDW checkins. It's a bummer, it was so much easier when you could do it like DCL.

So excited I get to plan our last minute grad trip for my brother going off to college. Everyone wants to do MK and Uni but that’s pushing it with our budget.

The good thing is I can try with this thread for Disney deals and Uni offers half day tickets to large groups. I’m going to get a credit card and just buy the Disney gift cards myself when deals pop up in this thread and they can pay me back for the tickets. Plus get the credit card signup bonus. I’m not worried about getting stuck with a large amount of DGC if we decide on just doing Uni. I’m doing the monthly Disney Wisdom collection, plan on buying a large american tourister, plus 3 day Disneyland ticket and a cruise.

There’s 20 people plus 2 toddlers. I need about $2500 in gift cards. My goal is to give everyone a flat rate of at least $100 each. The ticket price for our week is $125 for adults $120 for children. Our trip is next month so hopefully some good Happy deals come up.
Sounds like fun. If you're not already on the credit card thread, that's the place to be to find the highest bonus. The folks there are fantastic. :-)

Our Meijer is currently running a gift card deal. For every $50 on certain gift cards (Disney included) you get $5 credit off your next shopping trip. The current one is running through June 16. I have been buying a $300 gift card every time the deal happens which has been quite frequent. 10% savings whoo hoo! I have purchased enough to pay for the dining plan before we go and working on some extra spending money. I also have the Disney Visa that I will have a gift card for. It's nice to know that when we go in August everything will already be paid for.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer Walmart e-gifts to a physical gift card? Or if I can add them all to the Walmart app and then transfer it to a physical gift card? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter