Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried this on Sat (along with a few non g/c items) and no go. The cashier really wanted to work with me and tried it twice, but he got a message on the screen that said gift cards must be paid for with cash, credit or debit, so the system wouldn't allow it. (in CT)
:scared:
Beginning of the end?

I just tried this on Sat (along with a few non g/c items) and no go. The cashier really wanted to work with me and tried it twice, but he got a message on the screen that said gift cards must be paid for with cash, credit or debit, so the system wouldn't allow it. (in CT)
Do it online. I did it online at sams yesterday and have done it online at Walmart previously.

:scared:
Beginning of the end?

No. No. and No.

It just can't be.

I really slowed down doing any traditional SB in favor of the BB/SB deal where I bought gas GCs, Amazon, restaurant GCs, and of course Disney (but that wasn't too many). I cashed out my first SB for WM so I can use at Sam's to get discounted Disney every 6 months. If BB/SB is really gone, and now the WM GCs are starting not to work (even though I use them at Sam's), I am really going to be hurting.

This is a question not a deal, I transfer all my giftcards to one account right away, I have one digital card that keeps saying it wont transfer its elegable for transfer. I tried to call the disney giftcard number. The lady said I have to go to the disney store is there any other way? Why is this card giving me issues.

Really didn't want to "Like" your post, but very much appreciate the updated DP, thanks! Knew it would happen at some point, just hoped it was farther off. Seems like in-store has turned fully into YMMV as this system change rolls out (I can't imagine it'll stay isolated for long). Hopefully they go in reverse of Target and the websites stay up and running long after the stores are updated :)

Got an email from Raise containing a $10 off purchase of $100 or more (SAVE10). Went through Mr. Rebate for the 8% off Raise, added 4 cards, enter the code, paid with the prepaid Visa gift card. $200 worth of Disney GC for 174.88. Not too shabby! I received notification of pending credit from Mr. Rebates last night on my prepaid Mastercard purchase, I'm positive this will go through too!
ETA Would be an even better deal if I could get the Dosh/Staples deal to work!

Last edited:
Business wise, it would be a good business decision for Walmart to only allow gc to gc at Sam’s instead of completely taken the option away. That way they could still make money from memberships and track the purchases to prevent and track fraud.

Got an email from Raise containing a $10 off purchase of $100 or more (SAVE10). Went through Mr. Rebate for the 8% off Raise, added 4 cards, enter the code, paid with the prepaid Visa gift card. $200 worth of Disney GC for 174.88. Not too shabby! I received notification of pending credit from Mr. Rebates last night on my prepaid Mastercard purchase, I'm positive this will go through too!
I tried that over the weekend but I couldn’t find where to enter the save10 code? Maybe because I was on my phone and not my laptop?

I had a Chase offer and Amex offer on my cards today for 10% back, up to $5 at Michael's. I went to the store by me and they sell Disney gift cards and also Happy Lady cards. Since I have a BB&B by my Michael's, I bought 2 $50 Happy Lady cards in separate transactions, linked them to Ebates and then used those to buy 2 $50 Disney cards at BB&B in separate transactions. I got the Amex cash back email right away, as well as the Ebates one. Chase usually takes a few days but I am sure that one will go through too!

I tried that over the weekend but I couldn’t find where to enter the save10 code? Maybe because I was on my phone and not my laptop?
Were you signed into Raise? I signed in and under order summary after you proceed to checkout there's a place to enter promo code. I did it on my phone. . .

This is a question not a deal, I transfer all my giftcards to one account right away, I have one digital card that keeps saying it wont transfer its elegable for transfer. I tried to call the disney giftcard number. The lady said I have to go to the disney store is there any other way? Why is this card giving me issues.

Have you used this gc at all? I know one of my Disney GC was frozen when I used it for my room only deposit. Later I cancelled the reservation but it took forever for it to be refunded.

As far as my SB cashouts go, I have been sticking to the discounted Virtual Visa each month. I load it to my PayPal account and then buy a $25 Disney gift card from DisneyGiftCard.com. So far, I haven't had an issue...fingers crossed...I just ordered another one this morning. I have ordered both e-cards and physical gift cards. If I have any extra, I simply cash out to PayPal. I had been using the PayPal funds to buy more gift cards at Best Buy and then earning more SB that way. Since that seems to be a done deal now, I think I will still continue to shop at BB, but I will simply collect Shopkicks instead. I don't know of any way to earn rewards on gift card purchases and since I am using rewards to "buy" the gift cards anyways, they are already free.

I don't do a lot of shopping through SB so I will have to really start buckling down and working on my surveys. Otherwise, I'm not even going to have any SB to redeem.

I've never used PayPal that way and would like to know more.

I just cashed out $30 from RMN and received an email from PP that it was transferred, what do I do now? When I go to purchase something online do I just use PP at checkout? Can I also use a cash back portal?

Can u buy Disney gift cards w/ walmart gift cards?

Do it online. I did it online at sams yesterday and have done it online at Walmart previously.

I cashed out my first SB for WM so I can use at Sam's to get discounted Disney every 6 months. If BB/SB is really gone, and now the WM GCs are starting not to work (even though I use them at Sam's), I am really going to be hurting.

So just a bit confused. I thought you could buy Disney GC's with a Walmart GC's:
  • Walmart online
  • Sam's online
  • Sam's in store
I cashed out my first SB for WM so I can use at Sam's - me too.

A couple have mentioned that the Mr Rebates 8% cashback at Raise has credited for them. How long did Mr Rebates take to credit?
I did one yesterday ($100 worth of Walmart that i used as Sam's to get another 4% off) but I don't show any credit yet. I want to do alot more but want some sign that it is working.

So just a bit confused. I thought you could buy Disney GC's with a Walmart GC's:
  • Walmart online
  • Sam's online
  • Sam's in store
I cashed out my first SB for WM so I can use at Sam's - me too.

It looks like just one DP from a PP, so who knows if WM changed their register programming to not accept WM GCs as payment for other GCs (like Target and BB did - and those seemed to happen almost overnight too, without any warning...so who knows.)

It looks like just one DP from a PP, so who knows if WM changed their register programming to not accept WM GCs as payment for other GCs (like Target and BB did - and those seemed to happen almost overnight too, without any warning...so who knows.)

Thank you. I'll check out my location and post back. Not sure how many here are near me but any DP is good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter