Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datapoint. Tried to buy $75 in GCs and $18 in groceries at my Kroger (which is a King Soopers) in Denver metro, and use a Kroger GC woth $2 on it at self check and it told me I couldn't use that payment method. I think it's my store/area.

Uh oh. Has it worked before for you?

I bought two large gift cards (saks and Disney) yesterday at Kroger using two $200 visa gift cards and a $375 Kroger gift card with no issues. I wonder if it’s the new check out software that’s allowing buying gift cards with Kroger gift cards. I wouldn’t be shocked if it is no longer allowed in the future.

I bought two large gift cards (saks and Disney) yesterday at Kroger using two $200 visa gift cards and a $375 Kroger gift card with no issues. I wonder if it’s the new check out software that’s allowing buying gift cards with Kroger gift cards. I wouldn’t be shocked if it is no longer allowed in the future.

Its been a couple weeks since I bought gc's with Kroger cards, and I had no problems. I agree though that this could die at any moment.

Datapoint. Tried to buy $75 in GCs and $18 in groceries at my Kroger (which is a King Soopers) in Denver metro, and use a Kroger GC woth $2 on it at self check and it told me I couldn't use that payment method. I think it's my store/area.
Did you go through self-checkout with the new machines or with a cashier? I haven't tried yet at my store but my store just got a remodel and we have all new self-checkout machines. I'm just wondering if those are coded differently. Buying a GC with a Kroger GC definitely did not work at KS in the past so I'm really not expecting it to work now.

Did you go through self-checkout with the new machines or with a cashier? I haven't tried yet at my store but my store just got a remodel and we have all new self-checkout machines. I'm just wondering if those are coded differently. Buying a GC with a Kroger GC definitely did not work at KS in the past so I'm really not expecting it to work now.
Self checkout, old machines.

Staples sells Disney, so no need to do anything else. Shop Disney obviously also sells Disney. Both recently had good deals on RMN. There’s nothing very helpful on RMN at the moment, but those two sites are favorites.
Thanks. Yeah I did the shop Disney deal but online. I know people sometimes buy different cards to use on Disney GC elsewhere so wasn’t sure.

I think I read recently that Meijer has a deal right now too. I think it’s $10 off $150.

Thanks, I found that in Mperks. Does anyone know the brand of MCGC that Meijer sells and if they work either on Plastiq or to buy MO at Walmart?

Is there a way to purchase a DGC with a vanilla Visa? I don't usually follow conversations here regarding using these types of cards, and I know its YMMV. I just received the card and I was curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter