Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really Disney gc related, but since some people order groceries and have them shipped with Amazon Prime I thought I'd mention it. Coke has an app for their freestyle machines. You can scan the QR code on the machines and it will save your favorites. I've only had the app for a few months now, but I've noticed that they've been doing promos that for every 5 pours you do you get a $5 amazon gc. You can only do 1 pour a day to count towards the gc. The offer started beginning of April and goes to the end of May, but they had an offer in March as well which makes me think it will continue going forward. You can earn 2 gift cards for the promo. It's not limited by household so both myself and my husband do it.

I just flipped $100 Best Buy GCs to Disney GC this afternoon. Best Buy is my go to for now.
Me too...Best Buy has the variable load cards starting at $25, unlike my Target which sells only $50 and $100 cards. They also have variable load SWA cards too, up to $500! I still use Target for Disney gift cards, but I only convert the FWP Target cards into Disney. It takes me a while, but without the variable load (and my refusal to PAY for Disney gift cards:eek:), but I can still get them.

Me too...Best Buy has the variable load cards starting at $25, unlike my Target which sells only $50 and $100 cards. They also have variable load SWA cards too, up to $500! I still use Target for Disney gift cards, but I only convert the FWP Target cards into Disney. It takes me a while, but without the variable load (and my refusal to PAY for Disney gift cards:eek:), but I can still get them.

Wait, so how does one "flip" Best Buy gift cards? Is this a better deal than the $100 Disney via BJ's for $94.99 plus the 5% discover cash back?

Wait, so how does one "flip" Best Buy gift cards? Is this a better deal than the $100 Disney via BJ's for $94.99 plus the 5% discover cash back?
I can't speak for @snugglebug, but for me, I earn free gift cards on sites like Swagbucks by doing surveys and participating in other activities. I can redeem those Swagbucks for free gift cards, but since Disney is not an option, I have to "flip" something else into Disney. For me, it is Best Buy. I cash in my Swagbucks for Best Buy gift cards and use those to buy Disney gift cards, so for me, yes, it is a better deal than buying gift cards anywhere since I am getting the Best Buy (or Target) gift cards for free. You can redeem for as little as $5 so you could buy a $25 Disney gift card and essentially save 20%. You can usually earn $5 a week with very minimal effort...some people earn $5 or more per DAY.

I can't speak for @snugglebug, but for me, I earn free gift cards on sites like Swagbucks by doing surveys and participating in other activities. I can redeem those Swagbucks for free gift cards, but since Disney is not an option, I have to "flip" something else into Disney. For me, it is Best Buy. I cash in my Swagbucks for Best Buy gift cards and use those to buy Disney gift cards, so for me, yes, it is a better deal than buying gift cards anywhere since I am getting the Best Buy (or Target) gift cards for free. You can redeem for as little as $5 so you could buy a $25 Disney gift card and essentially save 20%. You can usually earn $5 a week with very minimal effort...some people earn $5 or more per DAY.

Would you mind sending me a PM? I have a couple of questions about swagbucks and don't want to break any rules. I was unable to PM you. Thank you!

The rule seems pretty clear to me. "Pay for your purchases with your Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card to receive your savings." If they have someone a discount just for showing the card, they weren't suppose to.
In all fairness.. mostly to me.
It was in the Disney store here in VA.. just before it closed..
So yea probably 2 years ago

Question for my Kroger peeps - does anyone know what time the 4x Fuel Points starts? Our Krogers carry $10 Chick-fil-A gift cards, but they get wiped out VERY fast (CFA really should issue higher denominations!). So, I wonder what time the coupon becomes active...

So if paying with the Rewards Dollar Card, do we need to mention that's what it is to receive the discount?

We've got about $200, I just figured it'd be treated like a gift card - I didn't realize it counted for your 10% off.
Yeah you just mention the Disney Visa discount and use the rewards redemption card to pay. Should work on the website too. We've mostly used ours for the 10% off dining perk, but merch works the same.
https://disneyrewards.com/shopping-perks/

Yes, that is what I do. I try to watch for deals on BB GCs, I missed the last one on Ebay, but I will also buy those and flip to Disney. It's usually buy a $100 GC and get a $10, sometimes through BB (I think Cashstar or something) and sometimes discounted on Ebay.

Every order I have ever placed on BestBuy.com except for the very first time I tried it has been cancelled. Most of the time I have other things in my cart and add a Disney gift card to get to the free shipping level and I only try using a $25 BB gift card so my entire order is not even all gift card payment. Is it my luck or is the Best Buy scenario in store only?

Every order I have ever placed on BestBuy .com except for the very first time I tried it has been cancelled. Most of the time I have other things in my cart and add a Disney gift card to get to the free shipping level and I only try using a $25 BB gift card so my entire order is not even all gift card payment. Is it my luck or is the Best Buy scenario in store only?

Similar story here. I used to be able to order Disney GCs and pay with BBY GCs online as long as I charged something onto a credit card. A few months ago, every order I placed on their website canceled, even orders with no GCs included. I chatted with their customer support, who didn't see anything wrong with my account and blamed it possibly on my credit card issuer. The bank said no charges ever came through from BBY's end and they didn't see any pending charges. Changed my credit card -- same story. I think my account must've been flagged or something, because I did order hundreds of Disney (and other) GCs from BBY .com last year and paid for it mostly with BBY GCs.

I have no problem using BBY GCs to buy third-party GCs, including Disney, at two of my nearby stores though. But my closest store says I can't buy a GC with a GC.

P.S. For those using Shopkicks, don't forget to have the BBY cashier scan your QR code when making a purchase in store for (usually) 2 kicks/$1 spent (even when paid for with GCs).

Can I ask..How does shopkick work? Specifically, what is your plan? I still need about $400 in disney gift cards to upgrade to an annual pass at the end of the month. I was going to buy at BJ's but if this is a better deal I'll try shopkick.

Can I ask..How does shopkick work? Specifically, what is your plan? I still need about $400 in disney gift cards to upgrade to an annual pass at the end of the month. I was going to buy at BJ's but if this is a better deal I'll try shopkick.
Right now it's 1.6% back on purchases at Best Buy. Usually it's 0.8%. It's a slow earner. You get walk in kicks, kicks for scanning products, and kicks for buying stuff. I've made $400 in three years using it but most of that was in year one.

Right now it's 1.6% back on purchases at Best Buy. Usually it's 0.8%. It's a slow earner. You get walk in kicks, kicks for scanning products, and kicks for buying stuff. I've made $400 in three years using it but most of that was in year one.

Don't forget the "surprise" kicks you get for browsing through their collections of advertiser sponsored products (1 kick) and occasionally from watching video ads (5 or 10 kicks).

You earn kicks and when you reach certain amounts, you can redeem them for Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Starbucks and a number of other reward electronic gift cards and items. I like to redeem my kicks for Best Buy gift cards because I then spend that reward at Best Buy (usually toward Disney gift cards) and earn more kicks on free money. Target and Walmart don't give you kicks for in store spending so you're leaving at least another 0.8% savings on the table by redeeming for Target (although I suppose you could see some extra savings by using your Walmart gift card at Sam's Club).

I've been averaging $50 in rewards (12,500 kicks) about every 4 months or so.

Last edited:
Where can I buy high value Disney GCs and save at least 5%? I thought I read about $500 online at BJs even for non-members, but I only see up to $100. I'd rather not have to process 35-40 cards, but would love the $200+ savings... Thank you!

Where can I buy high value Disney GCs and save at least 5%? I thought I read about $500 online at BJs even for non-members, but I only see up to $100. I'd rather not have to process 35-40 cards, but would love the $200+ savings... Thank you!

I'm getting mine all in $50 increments from my local Target. I buy discounted Target gift cards through resellers and buy Disney GCs in store with those. My local stores only carry the $50 cards. It is a bit of a pain, but I transfer the balances after purchasing so I can consolidate them to fewer cards before calling to pay off my balance. You can store up to $1000 per card by transferring balances on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter