Disney Genie is launching Oct. 19 - Video DAS Registration rolled out 10/12/21

So excited this is live!! We leave next week so I’ll be trying first thing in the morning with everyone else. I hope everyone trying right now gets through soon!

ETA: I am surprised that it’s live in the moment, I really thought when I clicked on the link it would take me to a page to schedule a chat date and time to speak with a cast member. It would make sense to have a system that when you put in your travel dates it would pop up with dates and times to do the chat closer to your time of travel so they don’t get bombarded now.

My computer got the automated message about high hold times, but does not say my chat has been disconnected. I have left it live for over 4 hours at this point. What bothers me is they say the person that needs the pass must be present for the video chat. It's just not going to be possible if I have to wait this many hours. I have about a 3 hour window where kids are out of school and awake each day, and we leave in 3 days. Sigh.

My computer got the automated message about high hold times, but does not say my chat has been disconnected. I have left it live for over 4 hours at this point. What bothers me is they say the person that needs the pass must be present for the video chat. It's just not going to be possible if I have to wait this many hours. I have about a 3 hour window where kids are out of school and awake each day, and we leave in 3 days. Sigh.
I take that back, I posted a simple hello in the chat and then received a message that they are no longer accepting chats this evening. Sigh. Will try again tomorrow.

I take that back, I posted a simple hello in the chat and then received a message that they are no longer accepting chats this evening. Sigh. Will try again tomorrow.
yup same thing happened to me I was on for 4.5 hours and did the same " hello"and they said no longer accepting chats this evening. try again another time

I just got a message telling me they would be available again at 7:00 am and that I am welcome to still wait but there is no guarantee that a Cast Member will get to me and that I would need to re-join the queue tomorrow.

Will be watching to see if they allow one chat to register 2 different guests (both minors) who need accommodations, and if they allow 2 Advance selection per guest with the DAS. So essentially 4 per day for our family. I'm thinking no, but 🤞.

Given that someone with a DAS cannot (currently) get a return time on someone else’s DAS (and there has been no suggestion that this is changing), I’d very much think it wouldn’t be allowed.

Given that someone with a DAS cannot (currently) get a return time on someone else’s DAS (and there has been no suggestion that this is changing), I’d very much think it wouldn’t be allowed.

Correct. That I get. We tend to split up to tackle the rides we know not everyone will ride, specifically my DS. Child swap doesn't work for us as he's the one left waiting but not riding and it turns into a huge escalation. So DH will go off with him to do what he wants to ride while I take the older two somewhere else. I know what he won't ride, so if allowed, I can book DS and DH on one ride or a show and the rest of us on a separate. The last time we were there DAS was brand new and on paper. It worked well for us to split up since 2 of 3 needed it then as well. But I'm getting the feeling that will be more difficult with the app.

Nope been waiting since 701 eastern…… wasn’t asked the 3 questions this morning either…. Think I’m in a black hole
I wasn’t asked any questions either. Been on since 9:45. ETA: Oh wait I just noticed it tells me what time I started and it was at 9:12am :crazy2:

Last edited:
Wow, I’m so sorry that everyone is having to wait this long. I need to chat too as our trip is next week but I don’t have the time right now to wait hours. Maybe later tonight if they don’t quit taking chats again.

If answered I apologize, haven't seen.

DS and I have bought Annual Passes but have not activated them. Will they even be able to add DAS advance times if our passes are not even active?

No sense sitting on phone for hours if it's pointless.

If answered I apologize, haven't seen.

DS and I have bought Annual Passes but have not activated them. Will they even be able to add DAS advance times if our passes are not even active?

No sense sitting on phone for hours if it's pointless.
No one has asked yet.

I will say though that when we went to WDW in June 2021, we had AP that were not yet activated. We WERE able to use those to make park reservations, so my GUESS is that it would probably work the same for DAS Advance Selections

I think they were listed in My Disney Experience as ‘linked passes’ and we had a WDW Resort Reservation. I’m not sure if it would work without a WDW reservation.
You would need to have Park Reservations before making the video call, so that might be a good test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter