Disney Genie is launching Oct. 19 - Video DAS Registration rolled out 10/12/21

Going to complete the video chat when my son gets home from school. We're headed to the parks this weekend! Hopefully they allow DAS Advance selections for our earlier trip dates (we arrive the 16th).

Will report back!
I am trying to do it now with my daughter. I am in chat with us and gave our dates and everyone in our party and they said a cast member will be with you as soon they are avaliable. Been waiting since 4:10. I will let you know what happens. Getting nervous. Hope I don’t lose a connectio!

Should be fine - you are more than 2 days and less than 30
(Reportedly all days of trip have to be within 30 days)
Going to complete the video chat when my son gets home from school. We're headed to the parks this weekend! Hopefully they allow DAS Advance selections for our earlier trip dates (we arrive the 16th).

Will report back!

Our first park day is the 15 but we arrive on the 14th at night. Do you think we will be ok? We are still on hold waiting for the live cast member. We have been waiting since 4:10.

Our first park day is the 15 but we arrive on the 14th at night. Do you think we will be ok? We are still on hold waiting for the live cast member. We have been waiting since 4:10.
Same here, 30 min and counting... Wish I could schedule a time, or at least give me an estimated wait time so I know if I need to go start cooking dinner!

Same here, 30 min and counting... Wish I could schedule a time, or at least give me an estimated wait time so I know if I need to go start cooking dinner!
I know we are still waiting all this time. I ate quicky and had to give my daughter her meds and take care of her personal needs.I hope we are not waiting all night!

Probably - the 14th is 2 days away, so is in the requirement.
It‘s not entirely clear if they are counting arrival date or park date

Probably - the 14th is 2 days away, so is in the requirement.
It‘s not entirely clear if they are counting arrival date or park date
They did ask for both dates up front in the automated portion of the chat. Dates we would be at Walt Disney World Resort and what dates we planned to use the service.

Has anyone gotten through to a person via chat? Wondering if maybe I'm better off waiting until tomorrow morning at 7am.

Has anyone gotten through to a person via chat? Wondering if maybe I'm better off waiting until tomorrow morning at 7am.
I have been waiting since 4:10. I am worried that if we wait until tomorrow we will be too late as we arrive on the 14th in the evening and tomorrow we have doctor appointments and can’t be on hold all day. I wish they would give you a time frame!

I have been waiting since 4:10. I am worried that if we wait until tomorrow we will be too late as we arrive on the 14th in the evening and tomorrow we have doctor appointments and can’t be on hold all day. I wish they would give you a time frame!

Yeah it would be really nice if they had a chatbot telling you your place in the queue or approximate wait time for sure. As always Disney IT with another quality launch! Hopefully you get through soon. I'm not arriving until 11/11/21 so I have time, I may wait until tomorrow.

Will be watching to see if they allow one chat to register 2 different guests (both minors) who need accommodations, and if they allow 2 Advance selection per guest with the DAS. So essentially 4 per day for our family. I'm thinking no, but 🤞.

I’ve been waiting since 5 East coast I still have time don’t go for 2 weeks wondering if anyone has had success.

Will be watching to see if they allow one chat to register 2 different guests (both minors) who need accommodations, and if they allow 2 Advance selection per guest with the DAS. So essentially 4 per day for our family. I'm thinking no, but 🤞.
I’m guessing no. The old system was can only be a member of one group regardless of number of persons needing the DAS. I wouldn’t think this would be any different but interested to see. Good luck

I assume you can have more than one DAS if needed, but the only way I can see them allowing two preselections for each DAS would be if the party is broken up so that no one is able to have four.

After being on hold for an hour with the chat, waiting to talk to someone - it connected, but unfortunately it just reconnected back to the chatbot and I needed to start all over and I presume I've been placed at the end of the queue again :(
That happened to me after waiting almost 4 hours! so now I am probably at the end of the queue! I am glad that I am also connected on my sister’s I phone. Hope that doesn’t go out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter