Disney Genie announcement

I wouldn't, but you might consider an ILL$ purchase for ROTR or FOP if the wait times are extremely long. You can't get any of the ILL$ rides during the new DAS (2 per day) pre-booking face-time interview, so saving the money on G+ for a few ILL$ purchases might be money better spent.
Okay, thanks, sounds good cuz I’m absolutely desperate to go on those rides.

We have 8 day park hoppers for a trip 11/5-11/12. I was expecting to be able to set up some info ahead of time, but I keep getting the same error as you

Edited to add that I have changed the date, trying each day of our trip and I get the same error every time

Just checked again and it appears to be working now

Its 12:52 PM

Remi's ILL$ is currently for 1:20 PM. I want to see how that changes after the second Virtual Queue Enrollment. I hope this trend continues and people can wait until 1PM and grab the paid if they didnt got one (or like it so mush that want a second try).

Note, I do not have tickets for today but am playing around with the app. (1) On the tip board, is there any way to sort by next available LL time or is it only alphabetical attraction name order?
(2) Or sort by standby time in the tip board.
I know this option can still be done by viewing the map, then selecting view list, but not very convenient to back out of genie if I just want to see the lower waits.

The biggest mistake people will make with G+ is trying to use it to save time on attractions before it's really needed. Success with this platform will not be found by how many LL's someone can grab but rather grabbing the ones that save you the most time for the best attractions at the most popular times of the day.
To make the most out of Genie+ and get your money's worth it's about quantity not quality. If all you use it for is 3 headliners and use standby for the rest then it's not worth $15.

To make the most out of Genie+ and get your money's worth it's about quantity not quality. If all you use it for is 3 headliners and use standby for the rest then it's not worth $15.

If it saves you the most amount of time in line, why is it not worth it? What difference does it make if you only use it a couple times a day if it saved you as much (or more) time in line?

This should work great for you. All of your G+ and ILLs can be after lunch and your mornings can be standby
It really doesn’t. I’m not buying ILLs. We tend to park hop for dinner and fireworks not more rides. We tour hard in the morning with a plan. I have stated all along I intensely dislike the idea of having to be glued to my phone all day. Waiting for a time to drop or refreshing. Getting multiple genie+ for rides like dumbo and small world don’t cut it for me.

I don't like for me personally it but I at least understand the rationale behind it. It may not be advantageous for some - but it's far from "stupid". Allowing for repeated use will cause the return times to get exhausted much faster. Their goal is to allow as many different people to be able to use LL on each attraction. Taking your "you paid for it" argument - there are lots of other people who paid for it as well and the system won't work if there are too many rides that have all return times exhausted too early. For some rides like SDD it's going to happen anyway - but it would happen with a lot more rides if they offered rerides wtih LL. They need to make sure people who are there later in the day get priority to use LL over someone who's already ridden it.
The point is.... it is still available! which means everyone already has the opportunity to get it also. If others choose to ride 5 different attractions.. that is their choice. But there are people/families that choose to do 2 rides multiple times. Why not?
Why should someone that has been there since opening be forced to wait until a late arriving person gets a chance to use it??
There is no reason to limit it to once.... IMHO!!

This should work great for you. All of your G+ and ILLs can be after lunch and your mornings can be standby

I agree. I think rope droppers will be rewarded because they can cut the standbys at rope drop and then add late morning or afternoon G+ and LL. During the down time between rope drop and G+/LL times, hit up the smaller rides with shorter standbys and lunch (with mobile order and shorter waits). I am actually very excited about it.

It really doesn’t. I’m not buying ILLs

So you can RD or virtual queue those attractions and standby everything else before lunch. Book your first G+ at 7 am and your second at 11 am and when you walk in the park in the afternoon your equipped with two LL entrances via your G+ purchase and can book more as soon as you use your first.

This is basically the same strategy as booking all your FP+ after your mid day break.

I have stated all along I intensely dislike the idea of having to be glued to my phone all day.

You won't have to...thats the beauty of this for you (and me too because I tour the same day). It doesnt matter what happens in the morning. Go hog wild in the morning, keep your phone in your pocket or backpack and don't even worry about your second G+ until 11 am. You have HOURS at rope drop before your break to knock down headliners.

Getting multiple genie+ for rides like dumbo and small world don’t cut it for me.

And it shouldn't. Don't make them for those attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter