Disney Genie announcement

For APs, you can only add it day of.

I have an AP and a disney resort reservation for December. I went through the Genie app and received this message (look at the bottom)
“Your admission type is not eligible to be modified pre-arrival”

Apologies if this has been answered (somewhere), but can you easily add your 'group' to a IA$ selection? Basically we are traveling with adult children and footing the bill (we each have our own rooms but they are tied to my CC). If my CC card is tied to their MDE (or Genie) I presume anything purchased will hit me. But can I make the selections for others in my F&F that include paid attractions? I could see that it might not work that way because making a free FP selection for your group is a bit different than committing to a paid ride. But in this case, we're paying for all of it, so want to see how "easy" it will be to keep us all on the same time schedule.
I'm going to piggyback off this question. I am travelling in december with my wife and kids. I have an annual pass, but they all have regular tickets. Am I going to have issues making a group for all of us to do LL selections if we have different ticket types? That's going to be a real problem if so.

Why should someone that has been there since opening be forced to wait until a late arriving person gets a chance to use it??

I agree with this in theory, but the problem is it’s $15. $15 dollars buys you one shot at everything.
You want the unlimited rides option - well they have that at a lot of other parks and it’s like $100 - $250 dollars a day depending on the park. Disney did not go that route (yet).
Now it sucks completely that this is no longer free at all but comparatively to the market it makes sense that something so much cheaper gets you so much less.

How would I be spending more time in line using G+? Odds are you will be saving time waiting for the majority of rides.

All depends on what is available to book later in the day when actual standby times aren't 20 minutes and under. Saving 5 minutes on one attraction at 10:30 am could cost you 20+ minutes at an attraction later.

But what rides are they?
For MK - every ride that has LL other than Jungle Cruise which just crept over 2 hours. Everything else is 2 hours or less. Big Thunder is only a little over a hour, Pirates under an hour, many of the slow rides in the 30 minute range. . ..

I don’t know if it’s been posted but I can confirm stacking. At 11am, we booked TT for 330-430. At 1pm, we were able to book another LL but we’re at DHS having cocktails so didn’t bother to do so.
YASS thanks for sharing. This is where it's at folks! If you come to the parks late or take afternoon breaks this is the info you want.

All depends on what is available to book later in the day when actual standby times aren't 20 minutes and under. Saving 5 minutes on one attraction at 10:30 am could cost you 20+ minutes at an attraction later.
That's if you use standby. I would try to use G+ for every ride. If the wait is longer then 20 minutes I skip it.

So Rise of the Resistance Individual Passes were Out at 9:30 AM

Slinky Dog Dash is also out of LL for those who have Genie+. (I recheck and now appears that they are back on up to 7PM).

Seem like DHS is the park that is getting hit hard

at 11AM

*** - 12 PM
MMRR - 12:40 PM
MFSR - 4PM
Muppet - 11:10 AM
RnRC - 1:10 PM
SDD - 7:05 (it was showing out for me some minutes ago)
Star Tours - 11:30 AM
RotR - Not currently offered
TMM - 12:45PM
ToT - 12:45PM
Where is the current list of abbreviations and acronyms?

OK - so under “My Day” it shows six recommendations. I see now way to get a list of all rides or - if an ILL doesn’t happen to show in your recommendations, there seems no way to see it. Is there a screen somewhere I’m missing??? Just show me a list of all wait times and lightning lane returns and which rides have ILL … I thought it was there this morning but gone now.
Anyone figure out how to get a LL in another park post 2pm? I can’t figure out how to add another park - just change.

thanks!
Don’t know if it was posted..where do you see wait times on the Ap if you do are not in the park..trying to get a sense of what they are like. Who knows if they will be correct?
You can use the map to see what wait times are for all rides. When you click on a particular ride it will take you to the lightening lane options. The bottom icon, second from the left, is the map icon. :)

Last edited:
I agree with this in theory, but the problem is it’s $15. $15 dollars buys you one shot at everything.
You want the unlimited rides option - well they have that at a lot of other parks and it’s like $100 - $250 dollars a day depending on the park. Disney did not go that route (yet).
Now it sucks completely that this is no longer free at all but comparatively to the market it makes sense that something so much cheaper gets you so much less.
Well - they have. It's called a VIP tour. It's a lot more expensive but they have it. She also misunderstands how this works. No one has to wait to ride again until others have used LL. You just cannot use the LL again because they want everyone to have a turn to use it. When it was free and you could pick your times that was one thing. But now that it's paid and times are assigned - you need to put in place things to ensure that the experience remains at least somewhat uniform. What the poster wanted would result in many people asking why someone else who paid the same as them were allowed to ride 5 times and now there is no more availability for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter