Disney Genie announcement

To me it sounded like you can only book once for one time period, but can book and pay for both. If I booked a LL at MK and wanted to park hop to Epcot, I can’t book Space and SDMT? I should be able to book both, but I guess I have more options at epcot if I’m hopping, but I might not get Remy if I can’t book my Epcot LL until 2 pm (BG would be out of question as I can’t tap in by 1).
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent, but I don't believe you can book 2 Individual attractions at MK and then hop to Epcot for another 2. It's 2 total per day. They can be split across 2 parks -- so you can book Space or 7DMT and Remy or FEA, but not 2 in each park. The question seems to remain as to when you can book the 2nd attraction - whether that is at 7am, after the first is used, or after you arrive at the second park.

I asked a similar question on page 133 of this thread and I’m still waiting for someone to confirm (with reference to info from Disney) one way or another. I read it as you book 1 ILL at 7 and then I’m not sure when you get to book the next. Unfortunately, I don’t think we will know most of these details until the first day when actual first hand reports start rolling in.

Agreed, but sadly I will be one of those with the first reports. :-(
Have any Genie-pigs received any info direct from Disney? I check in on the 17th, and have park reservations on the 18th and 19th and nothing from Disney. No email, no pop up notifications, no notes on the "my plans" section of MDE. I've been following along here and actively searching out info from other sources, but I can't believe they aren't reaching out to guests
Just a generic email saying when it starts nothing about our specific vacation.
I thought the wording by Disney explicitly said that you can book IA "one at a time," which to me, means you cannot book both at 7:00am...

Yep, that is how I read it, but I sure hope I am wrong.
But then that begs the question, when can you book the second one? Not until you've used the first one? Or...? So many unanswered questions.

Exactly!!!! and if we can get shut out of the 2nd one easily, I agree, that's just dumb. Then the only option is standby. If they want our $$$, which we know they do, let us buy both rides at 7 am.

When can you buy your park tickets with Genie + added on for a December trip? I have been waiting to purchase them because I wanted to get them with Genie+.
Thanks.

I think you can just add it on in the app. I mean I booked my package for next April in March, I assume at some point I'd be able to add it on in the MDE app.

I apologize if this has already been answered: Does anyone know if Disney Gift Cards can be added to MDE as a form of payment ( which can then pay for Genie+ and IA$ ) or will it only allow a credit/debit card or both? Thanks for the info!

You will be able to add Genie+ to existing tickets through MDE. I haven't heard a definite that Genie+ will be an add-on at the time of ticket purchase (like the Hopper or Waterparks options) but if so I don't expect it to be available until Genie goes live next week.

Exactly!!!! and if we can get shut out of the 2nd one easily, I agree, that's just dumb. Then the only option is standby. If they want our $$$, which we know they do, let us buy both rides at 7 am.
Agreed. I’d much rather buy them both and then be able to plan the rest of the day around it.

I apologize if this has already been answered: Does anyone know if Disney Gift Cards can be added to MDE as a form of payment ( which can then pay for Genie+ and IA$ ) or will it only allow a credit/debit card or both? Thanks for the info!
No one knows yet. If it works like mobile ordering does now, you can enter a GC but it does not store it. You have to re-enter the GC numbers every time you make a purchase. In its early stages, mobile ordering did not allow GCs at all.

yes what this system is- is a in real Time system. You are right. If you aren't rope dropping then you won't have a reason to book at 7am. At 7am return times are going to be for the first hour the park is open. You are correct you will want to watch the times for when you think you will get into the parks.
If I can offer reassurance tho- this is exactly how maxpass worked and I never felt like I couldn't enjoy my mornings we weren't rope dropping. It also mean that while we were at breakfast or whatever - that I could start stacking them for when we would be in the park. The same strategy works for mid day breaks.

I get this, I just loathe the idea of having to be checking my phone all of the time. This is my biggest issue with the new system. More than paying for it.

Anyone have ideas how to make either Genie+ or individual attractions work with rider swap? I suppose I could just break the Genie+ and individual attractions up into different groups of people, but if my older daughter wants to re-ride that wouldn't be feasible.
Could you switch MB if we wanted? For example my DD and I dont like roller coasters. So could DH and son use our MB to ride a ride twice by putting on our MB to ride the second time using our “ slots”?

Agreed, but sadly I will be one of those with the first reports. :-(

Just a generic email saying when it starts nothing about our specific vacation.

Yep, that is how I read it, but I sure hope I am wrong.

Even if it's a a 50/50 chance we will get a 2nd ILL that we want, it still makes planning more anxiety-ridden. For example, if (and I'm still deciding if I want to pay for any of this), I plan a park hopping day and I am willing to pay to ride RotR and Remy, it would be much better for me to know at 7am if I'm going to be hopping to Epcot for Remy.

In general I am just thoroughly exhausted and overwhelmed by the fact that I now have to study up all this new stuff or I'll have to be constantly planning on the fly on vacation. Yes, I'm annoyed at the cost. I know it's not a requirement and I know I could just not go, or go and just wait standby. But I'm not the only one going on this trip and I AM the one they count on to figure this stuff out and to make the trip "magical." If Genie can make me obsolete I'd be happy, but the chances are that I'm the one who is going to have to be staring at her phone all day, and investing in backup batteries, because my 70 year old parents don't even have smart phones and I try to have a no-phones out on vacation with my 13 year old b/c it's supposed to be our time to interact with each other and not friends from home.

Even if it's a a 50/50 chance we will get a 2nd ILL that we want, it still makes planning more anxiety-ridden. For example, if (and I'm still deciding if I want to pay for any of this), I plan a park hopping day and I am willing to pay to ride RotR and Remy, it would be much better for me to know at 7am if I'm going to be hopping to Epcot for Remy.
This is my concern. I buy ILL for Remy but I also want it for FEA. If I can only get one at first, do I risk FEA? Do I rope drop it to be safe, then maybe no point in purchasing?

Im thinking the price for the a la cart rides will fluctuate throught the day depending on demand, so if thats true they will want you to book them one at a time. This is the only way i can see them leading people to lesser crowded areas of the park. Or to say it another way, controlling the crowds. Thats the whole intent of this genie thing, besides making money, right? But hey, what do i know.

Could you switch MB if we wanted? For example my DD and I dont like roller coasters. So could DH and son use our MB to ride a ride twice by putting on our MB to ride the second time using our “ slots”?
We did this all the time with FP+. I don't see why you couldn't, but I guess we will see.

Well they don't want *your* money, they just want *the* money. Being shut out means they sold out which is good for them either way.

As I understand it, if you purchased 2 paid LL, you cannot get your money back if you change your mind. So if you were park hopping and change your mind, you can't change the paid LL, its just lost.

As I understand it, if you purchased 2 paid LL, you cannot get your money back if you change your mind. So if you were park hopping and change your mind, you can't change the paid LL, its just lost.
I'm not looking to change my mind or refund, I just want to be able to plan my rope drop by knowing if I can purchase both right away.

Im thinking the price for the a la cart rides will fluctuate throught the day depending on demand, so if thats true they will want you to book them one at a time. This is the only way i can see them leading people to lesser crowded areas of the park. Or to say it another way, controlling the crowds. Thats the whole intent of this genie thing, besides making money, right? But hey, what do i know.
Based on the examples given at the media event, prices fluctuate by the day but apparently not during the day. Here's a quote: "The opening day Individual Lightning Lane prices that have been released thus far are as follows: Expedition Everest will be $7 per guest on Tuesday, October 19th, and $7 on Saturday, October 23rd. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in the Magic Kingdom will be $10 per guest on October 19th, and $12 on Saturday the 23rd. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 per guest on Tuesday the 19th, and $11 on Saturday the 23rd. And Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be $15 per guest on both October 19th and October 23rd. It’s important to remember that the prices for the Individual Lightning Lane Entrance attractions will vary according to attraction and date, as we’ve seen in the prices we’ve been given." Here's the source of that quote. I've seen basically the same cited elsewhere.

Agreed. I’d much rather buy them both and then be able to plan the rest of the day around it.
YOU want to plan your own day?!?!?? No no no . . . that is not allowed anymore. You're on Disney's timetable if you don't want to ride standby all day! : ) (How anyone can still stay all of this increases your flexibility mind-boggles me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter