• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

Ugh, I guess Oct 20-23 will be my test days. We’ll at least I get a few days before without G+/IA$.

I feel totally vindicated in my prediction that Kilimanjaro Safaris would NOT be an IA$ attraction.

Crowd control for that attraction is just miserable without using both queues, and that has to be a factor in Disney's selection process.

Otherwise, the list of IA$ rides is pretty much spot-on.

No cancellation of a lightning lane purchase is absolutely fair- they don't want people buying them and then walking up at their assigned time and seeing a 15 minute queue and then cancelling.

That is if you consider having to pay $15 for a 3 minute ride to be fair from the get go. But yeah, you want to pay to ride, you shouldn't be able to cancel just because it wasn't worth the money. You knew that up front. :)

This is the line I draw. I don't care what the ride is, I'm not paying per ride. $15 for 6 of us? No thanks. I'm glad there are only a few we'll miss because I won't stand in long lines and I won't pay upwards of $100. Hopefully, the IA$'s in the MK and Epcot will be open during the evening magic hours, otherwise, we skip them. I could pay it, but I'm not about to. It's insane.

The price def bothers me. The concept of this whole thing though was where we drew the line a few months ago, but the prices coming out now just confirms that thinking for us.

But what bothers me more is capacity incentives. Disney now has no incentive to constantly keep improving capacity issues with rides. No incentive to make lines “shorter” in a sense. Now, they actually have incentive to not incresse capacity capabilities. In fact, the more popular a ride and the less capcity throughput per hour should yeild them even more lightning lane purchases (or Genie+ purchases depending I guess).

I hope I’m wrong though because this is one of the areas that Disney (esp Walt - think Small World @ Worlds Fair) always exceled in - increasing capacity throughput creatively and making big innovations in that entire part of the ride/wait experience.

That is if you consider having to pay $15 for a 3 minute ride to be fair from the get go. But yeah, you want to pay to ride, you shouldn't be able to cancel just because it wasn't worth the money. You knew that up front. :)
I mean, anything financial isn't "fair" or "unfair". It's a matter of whether you think it makes sense to pay for it or not.

Okay - so I just got the email! October 19th is the day!

Surprised(ish) by some of the rides on the lists, but not too much.

I did click through to pricing for Lightning Lane, but was redirected and saw no sign of prices! Anyone have any luck finding that info?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.53.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.53.04 PM.png
    287.6 KB · Views: 110
Livestreams all week. Answering all your questions, showing you just how it works and how long the LL lines are!

Marking them feel way more important then they are in the grand scheme. Anything to feed their narcissism. "look at me, I am in Disney and you are not"

Interesting that for ILLS$, Runaway was picked over SDD, FEA over TT, and EE over Safari. I'm sure they know which attractions command the longest wait times. Wonder if this was done to tempt you to buy the $15 G+... striking a balance in what they feel like people will pay for.

Except Space Mountain???

Now, in addition to my back getting destroyed every time I ride, I have $ money to remind me why I don't like this attraction.
It's just to get people used to spending money in that area of the park, for when TRON opens (any decade now...)

But really, it had to be between Space and Peter Pan's Flight right? I imagine people will be more willing to pay money for a thrill ride whereas rides that cater to families with small kids make that a more expensive and less attractive proposition.

I just got my genie+ announcement email from my travel agent and in following the links to Disney info I am reading the following regarding Ia$:

”this option will be available for all guests - with or without Disney Genie+ service - and let’s you choose a time to arrive at up to 2 attractions each day (booked one at a time).

So, my reading of that is that I can only purchase one of the individual LL selections until I use my second one As this is the same language that is used for booking Genie+ LLs also. does anyone have confirmation of that?

This particular piece surprised me. That will alter my plans if I WAS swallowing the price tags, it means I might not be able to expect to ride say, RotR and Remy in the same day and would have to set those park days up differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter